Vision Metron 45 VS Roval Rapide CLX II

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
okx

by okx

Anyone had a chance to ride both of these wheels?
What's Impressions? How they compare?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

extrusionedwin

by extrusionedwin

vision metron 45 have some issues in the spokes, deflection between 1.0mm/-+0.2mm, after some rides becomes more worse.
many friends bougth the metron 45SL as new wheelset start have deflection. So return to vision to repair.
this is a very huge issue. The roval rapide use the DT 240 swiss hub, so the dt swiss hub issues always in the contact with the spokes, after some miles, starts to be noisy, you have to set up again the tension spoke. and the feeling ride is too soft, the stifness is very very low comparing with metron 45SL.
If you have a third option, I recommend you cadex ultra 50 or bora ultra wto

okx

by okx

extrusionedwin wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:38 am
vision metron 45 have some issues in the spokes, deflection between 1.0mm/-+0.2mm, after some rides becomes more worse.
many friends bougth the metron 45SL as new wheelset start have deflection. So return to vision to repair.
this is a very huge issue. The roval rapide use the DT 240 swiss hub, so the dt swiss hub issues always in the contact with the spokes, after some miles, starts to be noisy, you have to set up again the tension spoke. and the feeling ride is too soft, the stifness is very very low comparing with metron 45SL.
Thanks for info.
As i'm only ~52kg, my main priority is - cross wind stability and as I heard - roval rapide is one of the best in that area.

allrandomletters

by allrandomletters

The CLX II uses DT180 hub internals, and machined Roval Aero hub shells. The Rapide wheels are advertised as being hand built and tensioned, and each set comes with a spoke tension chart that details the tension to which each spoke was calibrated. This process may help it avoid the issues you associate with off the shelf DT240 hubs.

My Rapide CLX II are dead silent, and have no issues to report with noise or spoke tension.

Stueys

by Stueys

okx wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:47 pm
extrusionedwin wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:38 am
Thanks for info.
As i'm only ~52kg, my main priority is - cross wind stability and as I heard - roval rapide is one of the best in that area.
I've got a set of Rapides CLX II's, rate them very highly for cross wind stability. Paired with 28 tyres they are more stable than my previous Enve 4.5's (which were also pretty good).