Vittoria Corsa NEXT - Tube Type Thread

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

@maxim809,

Basso Diamante eps 12

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CampagYOLO

by CampagYOLO

I'm interested in the 32/34mm versions of these as the listed weights on the Vittoria website are impressive.
240g for a 34mm tyre which is supposed to be quite robust is really quite light. A 32mm GP 4 Season which is another tyre I've been considering is 100g heavier.

I'd be doing all weather commuting with them and pairing with some TPU tubes I have lying around.
Last edited by CampagYOLO on Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

This was a driving factor to try them out tbh and the wet weather grip.

Got some verniers ImageImage

Basso Diamante eps 12

robertbb

by robertbb

subscribed :)

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Got a new set from work so will do over the weekend.

Basso Diamante eps 12

xanrabia

by xanrabia

Very interested. Have some new wheels coming from farsports with 24int/30ext measurement. These in the tube type look to be ideal for value and what they offer. Question is, 28 or 30mm with the wider internal rims I will soon have. Hmm!

Edit: Some further research unearthed an interesting chart from an Amazon listing, which I then found on Vittoria's website via Google: https://www.vittoriajapan.co.jp/cms/wp- ... BILITY.png

It will be interesting to see if your measurements match the precise 28mm Vittoria states. Interestingly, 28mm should be my ideal choice as well on 24mm rim based on the chart, but I could go anywhere up from there. Maybe 28mm front/30mm rear. Never done the assymetric thing before!

wooger

by wooger

xanrabia wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:57 pm
Very interested. Have some new wheels coming from farsports with 24int/30ext measurement. These in the tube type look to be ideal for value and what they offer. Question is, 28 or 30mm with the wider internal rims I will soon have. Hmm!
I'm curious, you're buying a new wheelset with presumably deep carbon rims, for performance and aero... Why would you want to run average performing mid-range training tyres on them?

xanrabia

by xanrabia

wooger wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:36 pm
xanrabia wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:57 pm
I'm curious, you're buying a new wheelset with presumably deep carbon rims, for performance and aero... Why would you want to run average performing mid-range training tyres on them?
TBH that's a fair question but I don't think it's fair to label these a training tyre, really. But on looking thus far, they're quite well reviewed even on BRR and I am not a racer. Currently they are about 30-40% or so cheaper than competitor tyres in my area. GP5000 (tube type) is one obvious alternative to consider.

I have a set of standard 28mm Rubino's that came with my current bike, and a spare set of 32mm Pirelli P7s, so tbh just about anything would be an improvement. I might even start with the Rubinos just to run some more life through them while waiting for a better price on some new tyres (and allow time for my bank account to recover, lol).

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Mounted easily look/feel great will test out next weekend.

Inflated at 80psi for reference last photo is a gp5000 25c tyre.

Weights for the pairs were
223g
217g
ImageImageImage

Basso Diamante eps 12

robertbb

by robertbb

Nice! So 28mm, 19mm ID rim, first install at 80psi is roughly 27.3mm.

Be interesting to see if they stretch out and hit 28mm (they are likely to).

Hard to tell from the pics but what's the shape like? Sidewalls vertical or lightbulbish?

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

These help ya mate ImageImageImage

Basso Diamante eps 12

robertbb

by robertbb

Sure does :beerchug:

Looks on the thinner side. Be interesting to know how a 30 and 32 shape up in comparison. I'm tempted to try 32's. Also have 19mm ID rims.

It'd be so helpful if all manufacturers show WAM and RAM on different ID rims like Pirelli does on their packaging.

CampagYOLO

by CampagYOLO

Just installed some 32mm's on 19mm rims. They currently measure at 30.5mm but unridden so will probably end up around 31mm.

Using TPU tubes rated to 32mm so was being careful by buying the 32mm tyres but wish I got the 34mm ones now.

It's on my commuter gravel bike with shallow rims so the wider the better TBH.
Last edited by CampagYOLO on Mon Nov 27, 2023 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Happy to measure them up again after a few weeks although that bikes only ridden max couple times a week.

Sent from my 23078PND5G using Tapatalk

Alumen

by Alumen

I never gave my final experiences on this tire yet.

Here's the thing, while I love Vittoria tires and the brand, the NEXT tube type is a big miss from them. During its lifecycle (I come back on that one, bear with me) the tire remained below the advertised 28mm and never came even further than 26.45mm actually.

Now in my opening post, I mentioned the tire weight was 220 gram. Well that definitely impacted the lifecycle, since after 1.700km or 1.000 mile-ish I started to see the canvas through the rubber tread. The tire was done.

It is a shame, the ride characteristics of this tire are great. It is fast and I did not suffer from any punctures. But undersized and a very low durability made me going back to the original again. I hope Vittoria will solve this, because I have seen more reviews with the same issues.
CAAD 13 Disc
CAAD 10 2015 R.I.P.
Kona Kahuna

28, the real 25

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com