DEEP crit wheels

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
spib

by spib

Hi all, I'm shopping for a set of deep, fast wheels to pair with a cervelo soloist. The two I was looking at where the parcours chrono (77mm and 86mm) and the roval rapide clx II. I like both because they are wide enough for the 105 rule and deep.

For the parcours I am worried they may be too deep for everyday use (though I live in a flat area so don't need to worry about descending) and the rovals worry me due to the EXP hubs, though I like the interchangeability of dt Swiss components.

Any other 105 rule satisfying wide wheels worth looking into? I wouldn't mind spending a little less. However I am not interested in hookless.

Nereth

by Nereth

Can't tell if they will meet the 105 rule if you don't let us know your intended tyre width :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

apr46

by apr46

Do you mean the Parcours Chrono 68mm / 75mm? Those look like really nice fast wheels.

I have a set of the Ascent Polaris 69mm w/dt350. I dont race crits, but those wheels are stable for their depth and fast. There is feedback from others with the wheels as well on a thread here and they come with your choice of DT Swiss hubs (which i love).