Cream/white walled tubeless tyres

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
bobones

by bobones

I've just received a pair of GP 5000 AS TR with cream sidewalls and they look lovely to my eyes. The problem is I ordered 25s but received 28s and they're heavy - 340g for the one I weighed, so I'll probably sell them. Is there anything else out there with the same colour of sidewall? The tan GP5000s are too brown, and the Veloflexes are too yellow. Vittoria Corsa seem to be a bit lighter but still more tan than cream. What else is out there that's reasonably lightweight and quick?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Nezz0r

by Nezz0r

You've received the wrong size and because those are heavy you want a different tire in the same colour.

Swap them for 25s? On another note, is colour your primary requirement?

bobones

by bobones

I'm in the UK and I bought them from a Spanish online shop, so I cannot be bothered with the hassle of sending them back to get 25s, which are supposed to be a fair bit lighter. Besides, these tyres are £85 each in the UK, and I got them for roughly £65 delivered so I can probably sell them here unused and get my money back, or keep them and use them on one of my winter bikes, where I am not too fussed about weight or aerodynamic profile.

Colour is one of the primary requirements, but low rolling resistance, decent weight, and tubeless ready are others. I have GP5000 S TRs in black and brown in 25s, but I would like this lighter colour for one of my bikes, so I am asking if anyone knows of anything else with a similar cream/white side wall.

wreckulator

by wreckulator

The new Challenge Criterium RS comes in a white wall version that is almost as fast as the GP5000 STR. It's lighter (claimed 25g lighter than str) and should feel better than the GP5000's. Just be mindful of the wet grip on asphalt. Also, very expensive.

RDY

by RDY

bobones wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:50 pm
I'm in the UK and I bought them from a Spanish online shop, so I cannot be bothered with the hassle of sending them back to get 25s, which are supposed to be a fair bit lighter. Besides, these tyres are £85 each in the UK, and I got them for roughly £65 delivered so I can probably sell them here unused and get my money back, or keep them and use them on one of my winter bikes, where I am not too fussed about weight or aerodynamic profile.

Colour is one of the primary requirements, but low rolling resistance, decent weight, and tubeless ready are others. I have GP5000 S TRs in black and brown in 25s, but I would like this lighter colour for one of my bikes, so I am asking if anyone knows of anything else with a similar cream/white side wall.
Email Conti requesting that they do GP5000 S TR in cream. If they receive enough requests, they'll probably do it. I'm sure it's under consideration.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bobones

by bobones

wreckulator wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:57 pm
The new Challenge Criterium RS comes in a white wall version that is almost as fast as the GP5000 STR. It's lighter (claimed 25g lighter than str) and should feel better than the GP5000's. Just be mindful of the wet grip on asphalt. Also, very expensive.
Those do look nice, but £90 a pop! :unbelievable: