New Campy Wheels soon?

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
jlok

by jlok

Maybe G3 is not suitable to wide rims? The triplets are too far away and cause uneven stress on the rim?
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

LuigiG

by LuigiG

DELETED
Last edited by LuigiG on Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mackers

by Mackers

LuigiG wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:31 pm
MrCurrieinahurry wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 2:31 pm
16th march release date for hyperons.. just popped up with some teaser pics on my Instagram

Basso Diamante eps 12
Hello. I hope they keep the g3 spokes system....
Hyperons never had the g3 patten.....

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Those are original hyperons for context Image

Basso Diamante eps 12

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

eurperg

by eurperg

^Aaah, so nice to see my old CT2 unexpectedly popping up here. I still have those wheels on my EP.

LuigiG

by LuigiG

DELETED
Last edited by LuigiG on Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

morrisond

by morrisond

New Campy Wheels https://cloud.email.campagnolo.com/HyperonUltra_en

They look great, very light, not that Aero but ultra expensive.

This leads me to continue to believe Regular BORA WTO's will soon get an update to work with new Super Record WRL that needs an N3W, and won't be 3,000 EURO's.

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

MrCurrieinahurry wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:34 am

Basso Diamante eps 12
is this the tubular version? Original Hyperon tubulars have internal nipples, so require tubular tire to be removed in order to true. That was a deal killer for me.

Nickldn

by Nickldn

HammerTime2 wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 4:05 pm
MrCurrieinahurry wrote:

Basso Diamante eps 12
is this the tubular version? Original Hyperon tubulars have internal nipples, so require tubular tire to be removed in order to true. That was a deal killer for me.
How often will you need to true them? Do you think they will be really badly built?

My Easton EC90s have internal spoke nipples and I waited until my Corsa tub was due for a change before taking it to LBS. No biggie.
Giant Propel Advanced SL Red Etap 11s Easton EC90 wheels CeramicSpeed BB Zipp SL70 bars 6.5kg

Vitus ZX1 CRS Campy Chorus 12s Bora WTO 45 disk brake wheels Zipp SL70 bars 7.5kg

SL8 build with Craft CS5060 Wheels in progress

Magnetize6932

by Magnetize6932

Makes Roval Alpinist CLX look like a screaming deal...

C36

by C36

Magnetize6932 wrote:Makes Roval Alpinist CLX look like a screaming deal...
Obviously too early to say on those Campagnolo wheels but the Alpinist are overcooked wet noodles.
Pleasant to ride but so damn flexible!

C36

by C36

HammerTime2 wrote:
MrCurrieinahurry wrote:

Basso Diamante eps 12
I raced for two years (3?) neutron and hyperon pairs and never had to tune them. As a matter of fact I still have the neutron set and tension hasn’t changed over a decade.

You would have replaced the tubular sooner than trueing them.

Nickldn

by Nickldn

C36 wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:00 pm
HammerTime2 wrote:
MrCurrieinahurry wrote:

Basso Diamante eps 12
I raced for two years (3?) neutron and hyperon pairs and never had to tune them. As a matter of fact I still have the neutron set and tension hasn’t changed over a decade.

You would have replaced the tubular sooner than trueing them.
:up:
Giant Propel Advanced SL Red Etap 11s Easton EC90 wheels CeramicSpeed BB Zipp SL70 bars 6.5kg

Vitus ZX1 CRS Campy Chorus 12s Bora WTO 45 disk brake wheels Zipp SL70 bars 7.5kg

SL8 build with Craft CS5060 Wheels in progress

ichobi

by ichobi

Thy hyperon ultra now goes up the top of my wheels wishlist. I always like the hyperon. There is something really cool about that full carbon low profile wheels which seems to die out as the industry go for more aero. A bit of an nostalgic statement for the joy of climbing and give no particular concern for the hyper aero generation. The new depth looks good for all around use. This is pure indulgence wheels. With this price there is no good reason to pick them up other than pleasure really. You could have an almost equally light wheels with much more aerodynamic and stiffness like the Cadex Ultra.

Now given this is 37mm depth am not sure what’s the deal with the wto line like the wto ultra 33 which is heavier and shallower… may be they are due for an update too.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

ichobi wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:11 am
Now given this is 37mm depth am not sure what’s the deal with the wto line like the wto ultra 33 which is heavier and shallower… may be they are due for an update too.
Difference in weight is likely due to the G3 spoke pattern requiring a heavier rim. Doubt there will be an update any time soon.