Wheel builders in the US and Canada

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
Mberlin74

by Mberlin74

I'm looking for suggestions for reputable wheel builders in Canada or the US that you've had a good experience with. Got a quote for a wheel set from wheelbuilder.com and I'm hoping to find something a little more competitively priced.
Very new to this game and don't really know where to start. What I liked about wheelbuilder.com is that zipp allow them to build their wheels with different hubs and maintain the lifetime warranty. That's a definite plus. And I'm not saying it Hass to be a zip wheel. It was just a nice option to have.

Thanks in advance

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Mberlin74

by Mberlin74

If this is wrong place to post this please let me know and I'll repost it in the correct place.
Thanks

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

You can usually find a wheelbuilder local to where you live. I live in Houston, TX, and have found a couple of good wheelbuilders. You usually won't find them located at bigger shops, but look for a small, independent, mom-and-pop store and ask them. They'll usually let you supply the hubs and rims (maybe even the spokes, but that may be best left to them).