Wheelset recommendation

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
Tofast

by Tofast

Hi,

I am looking for wheelset recommendation for primiarly training that should be with hooked rims and preferably wide to fit good with wider tires. Rim height 35-50 mm. I want hooked rims to be able to use it wide tubs when being lazy.
I have looked into Parcours ronde that fits and LB/farsports but are there more or better alternatives or what is recommended?
I have also looked at roval Alpinist as I can get them cheap.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Conradsleight

by Conradsleight

Curious where you can get the Alpinists for cheap? I am thinking of getting a pair if I can do the same.

maxima

by maxima

Look for Bora WTO 33 (the Ultra or non Ultra) both rolls very very well. Way better than other hubs!!!!

Tofast

by Tofast

Conradsleight wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:55 pm
Curious where you can get the Alpinists for cheap? I am thinking of getting a pair if I can do the same.
Alpinist CL/CLX are being sold out due to no tubeless compability but also CL2 can be found with discounts

rcrowley

by rcrowley

I'm very pleased with my Light Bicycle WR45 rims.
https://www.lightbicycle.com/700C-32mm- ... tible.html

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CyclingGiraffe

by CyclingGiraffe

I've seen Mavic Cosmic SLR 45 disc wheelsets going new for about US $1,300. If I were currently in the market, I'd think long an hard about picking up a pair (Mavic's recommended "max" width tire is 32mm). I know people like to dump on them, but I don't think I've ever had a bad Mavic wheelset in nearly 20 years of riding, dating back to a decidedly low-end Mavic Cosmos wheelset that came on my first "real" road bike.