Roval Alpinist vs Hunt Aerodynamicist 32?

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
Conradsleight

by Conradsleight

Hi all, wondering if anyone has any perspective on these two wheelsets?

They seem very very similar in terms of weight and performance, but with a pretty hard to ignore price difference.

For the money, the Hunt wheels are hard to ignore, and they're even a bit lighter.

The only thing making me pause is the low max tire pressure, and the supposed research that Roval says they did after the Sagan incident.

Curious if anyone has any real world experience with these / a recommendation?

maxima

by maxima

Conradsleight wrote:
Tue Jan 03, 2023 1:18 am
Hi all, wondering if anyone has any perspective on these two wheelsets?

They seem very very similar in terms of weight and performance, but with a pretty hard to ignore price difference.

For the money, the Hunt wheels are hard to ignore, and they're even a bit lighter.

The only thing making me pause is the low max tire pressure, and the supposed research that Roval says they did after the Sagan incident.

Curious if anyone has any real world experience with these / a recommendation?
The HUNT ride rough in certain type of bad road surface at my area with the carbon spokes. Carbon spokes LW or Bike Ahead composite 5 spokes wheels vs a carbon spoke to Alu Hub rides very differnt....you get all the buzz from bad road surface with carbon spokes. But LW and Bikeahead composite rides way better, eliminating most fo the road vibrations!!!!

If you want a nomral wheelset, I will just get a DT Swiss ERC1100 35mm or the Roval Alpinist CLX II tubeless. DT Swiss is heavier but bomb proof, cheaper, comes in DT180 ceramics and with 22mm innner width :thumbup:
Last edited by maxima on Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

LuigiG

by LuigiG

DELETED