Chosing the right wheelset

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
Kiros38

by Kiros38

Hello,

I got nice carbon clincher wheelset with the bike. I am thinking of getting another training wheelset although I am driving in dry only. Do training wheelset still make sense these days with better quality of clinchers?

I am looking of several options.
Used: fulcrum 1, Mavric Ksyrium... But they all seem to be several years old, having narrow rims? and questionable how much life left I guess.
New: Campagnolo: 1. Calima 2. Scirroco 3. Zonda. Each being lighter a a bit. Is there any other difference? Not sure which one to chose, in one way they will be used 3/4 of the year but on the other hand it supposed to be training wheelset that I don't need to be careful about.

Experience from your side when you where chosing training wheelset?

CampagYOLO

by CampagYOLO

If you're only riding in the dry then save your money and use the carbon wheels.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Kiros38

by Kiros38

This is what I wanted to hear. I like your suggestion.

3Pio

by 3Pio

Kiros38 wrote:
Sat Dec 24, 2022 10:45 pm
This is what I wanted to hear. I like your suggestion.
And now one suggestion that maybe u dont want to hear :) but have to share it with u...

I dont know the price of Zonda that u can buy them, but often they can be found for very cheap..

In same time Zonda are amazing wheelsets... Most of the time i use Bora One tubular wheelset, and Shamals, but i use Zonda's for winter riding...

And i can say that Zonda is very capable wheelset.. Some of the locals here use them for racing, training, winter.. And cant see that they miss something in their results.. So if u can get them for cheap, maybe u wont regret to buy them.....