New Vittoria Corsa Pro!!

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
Feddesman

by Feddesman

X5SAE wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:03 am
Feddesman wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:21 am
Can I use stans Sealant for corsa pro tlr?
It's not recommended with cotton carcasses as Stan's is ammonia based.

Orange Seal or Vittorias oen sealant or Silca should be a better choice.
OK, no problem, I'm working on the last bit of stans anyway, but I'm very satisfied with it. Which of the 3 would you recommend for the Corsa Pro?

DHG01

by DHG01

Reading through Vittorias site, I was surprised to read the Corsa Pro Tubular is faster than the TL. Thoughts?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

X5SAE

by X5SAE

Feddesman wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:31 pm
X5SAE wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:03 am
Feddesman wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:21 am
Can I use stans Sealant for corsa pro tlr?
It's not recommended with cotton carcasses as Stan's is ammonia based.

Orange Seal or Vittorias oen sealant or Silca should be a better choice.
OK, no problem, I'm working on the last bit of stans anyway, but I'm very satisfied with it. Which of the 3 would you recommend for the Corsa Pro?
Probably Orange as it's supposed to be better than Vittoria's own. I am using Orange Seal - no problems or miscoloration so far. Silca should be great, but as I am used to apply sealant through the valve stem, I am not willing to use it.
Road
Cube Agree C:62 SLT 2021 (frame+fork) DA 9270 6.9x kg - ride-ready 7.25 kg w/pedals, cages, sensors, Wahoo mount

Gravel
Velobuild GF-002 Force AXS 7.5 kg, ride-ready 7.775 kg w/200 ml Stan‘s, pedals, cages, sensors, Wahoo/Cateye mounts

JMeinholdt

by JMeinholdt

BigBoyND wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:59 am
I really don't understand the Pro Control. Compared to the N.EXT it is 3% heavier, 7% slower, 3% smaller, 10% thinner, and 50% worse sidewall puncture protection. Grip and tread puncture protection are the same. So there are zero benefits and several drawbacks. At a higher price, too!

Why would anyone choose the Control?
I ordered the 34c Corsa Control's. The biggest thing for me is the cotton casing vs. nylon casing. The cotton casing should lend itselt to a much more supple ride feel.

Also, I think the control will actually be faster on the rough chipseal roads that I typically ride. Pure speculation on my part though.

I get a team deal on Vittoria's so the price difference wasn't all that much after the discount.
Basso Palta II - SRAM Force AXS 2x - Road/Gravel/Commute
Wilier Cento10AIR - retired
Wilier Sestiere - Shimano Tiagra - Collecting dust

YouTube link: https://www.youtube.com/@JMCyclingVideos

cleanneon98

by cleanneon98

Anyone have experience moving from a 28mm GP5K S TR to a 28mm Corsa Pro? Curious as I currently use the former but interested in the latter (mostly for the creamier colored tan-wall than the brown Continental) but wonder how it rides and such, seeing as it does have a higher TPI and a "better" casing from what I understand.
TREK Madone Gen 7 SLR - 7.43kg
TREK Fuel EX Gen 5 - overbuilt and overweight

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

GP5K vs CP.. it's marginal to me, slightly better ride on the CPs. However for me the Michelin PowerCup TLRs are the best riding tires in 28mm.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

cleanneon98

by cleanneon98

I've looked at those before but the minimum pressure is a bit higher than I currently use in the same size, using the Silca calculator which I've heard already recommends too high of a pressure. The BRR review also says not recommended for wide rims, so I think my 23mm are out of compatability
TREK Madone Gen 7 SLR - 7.43kg
TREK Fuel EX Gen 5 - overbuilt and overweight

BalticSea

by BalticSea

BigBoyND wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:59 am
I really don't understand the Pro Control. Compared to the N.EXT it is 3% heavier, 7% slower, 3% smaller, 10% thinner, and 50% worse sidewall puncture protection. Grip and tread puncture protection are the same. So there are zero benefits and several drawbacks. At a higher price, too!

Why would anyone choose the Control?
Well, don't take BRR's words as gospel - weight varies per tyre, 2 tyres of same model purchased at the same time can have different weight and small drum tests are not necessarily representative of real world riding conditions. Supple tyres always get penalized all the time in BRR's tests.

I'd be willing to put down money on Corsa Controls being measurably faster in a controlled real world test.

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

When people like Josh say that the drum tests are not perfect but the trends hold as a valid comparison, I'll put money on that.

Supple tires see a smaller penalty at lower pressures on the drum. If you don't see that trend, then what you describe won't be the outcome "in the real world" either.

BRR isn't flawless but it's better than your gut feel, and all the data points are in favor of the N.EXT.

garbageman

by garbageman

cleanneon98 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 4:21 pm
Anyone have experience moving from a 28mm GP5K S TR to a 28mm Corsa Pro? Curious as I currently use the former but interested in the latter (mostly for the creamier colored tan-wall than the brown Continental) but wonder how it rides and such, seeing as it does have a higher TPI and a "better" casing from what I understand.
I've used 28c and 25c front/28c back black sidewall S TRs and now 28c front/30c rear Corsa Pros.
In my experience, Corsa Pros have a smoother ride and feel grippier, especially in the wet. The 28mm Corsa is slightly smaller than the Conti 28. I can't feel a speed difference between the two, but I haven't tried to quantify one with data either. The Corsas tend to pick up more small gravel and debris and fling it at my frame. I've had more punctures requiring plugs on my rear Corsa 30c than I had on the two 28c S TR that I've gone through on the rear wheel. I often have wet spots on the tread of the Corsa Pros from small nicks and cuts that didn't cause other signs of puncturing like sealant spray or obvious loss of pressure.

The Corsa Pros have been (too) easy to mount by hand but hard to inflate and get the bead seated. When they were new, I had to use a tube to seat one side and then use soapy water on the other side, but eventually got the front seated with my floor pump (Farsports 24 mm internal hooked rims, no rim tape). I didn't bother with the rear - my LBS got it seated with their compressor. When I swapped them onto my LB wheels (21 mm internal, no tape) after a few hundred km, they wouldn't inflate with shop air even after seating one side with a tube. LBS and I didn't clean all the dried sealant off the beads or try using soapy water, which might have helped, but we opted to just add a wrap of tubeless tape to the rims. New S TRs have all inflated with just a track pump and the valve core removed. I had to use a tube + soapy water when swapping a front to the rear after est. 8k km.

GP5Ks have had exceptionally long lifespans for me. I haven't used the Corsa Pros for nearly as long, but I'll be surprised if they get close to the same amount of use before wearing through the tread or puncturing so much I decide to retire them. They have some downsides but I'm enjoying the ride for now.

garbageman

by garbageman

New 700x29c size pictured on new Reserve 42|49 TA wheels that are spec'd on the latest $16k Cannondale SSE Lab71 with RED E1. Visma used the 42|49s on some bikes in the classics (including Tratnik's Omloop win). I was guessing they'd be 23 mm IW to be ISO/ETRTO compliant with 28 mm tires and differentiate from the 25mm+ IW 40|44s, but Reserve has gone with a 25ish IW and Vittoria are making a compliant 29c tire instead. I wonder if both the 28 and 30 will remain in production.

scottydonald

by scottydonald

very interesting.....

Jaisen

by Jaisen

I wonder if it is just a relabelled 28 or actually a new size. Not much point in having sizes in 28, 29, and 30. Perhaps they will change the line up to 26, 29, 32.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

I will try 29 Corse Speed Pro when available... sounds perfect.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

Ytse

by Ytse

Is there someone here running Corsa Pro 30s on a Roval Rapide CLX II? How wide are the tyres actually measured on these 21mm IW rims?
2020 Scott Addict RC / 2023 Specialized Tarmac SL8

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com