New Vittoria Corsa Pro!!

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
Xabi

by Xabi

skinnybex wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 3:16 pm
Mounted the tires Monday evening on brand new wheels that just arrived from Farsports earlier that afternoon. No levers necessary and went on easy by hand. Inflated with my compressor with the valve core in. Filled with 30ml of Orange seal to 85 psi front and rear and left overnight. Next afternoon they still held 65psi. Rode 55 miles and used 72psi front and 75psi rear on Farsports Wave 55-60mm hooked rims which are 21mm internal and 32mm external. Tire felt amazing regarding comfort and road feel. Mix of newly surfaced and chip seal as well as plenty of loose gravel in some sections from all the rain. The tires felt really fast and supple and seemed to hold speed well freewheeling which tells me plenty about the improvements from the previous Corsa TLR. I averaged 21.4mph for the ride and my normalized power was slightly lower for a slight gain in speed due to the better RR. I'll likely measure the inflated width in a few weeks when I'm back from a work trip. I'll be riding a different bike with Conty TR s 28's which I rate well for RR but they feel a bit more harsh.
I have an unopened bottle of orange seal, do sidewalls get dirty with orange seal? It happens with other "natural" cotton tires like veloflex, new corsas cotton seems a bit different, chemically treated, synthetic or whatever.

If your sidewalls aren't stained I will switch to orange seal ASAP, one of the tires is using finish line sealant which seems pretty terrible.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Aryeh

by Aryeh

Xabi wrote:
skinnybex wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 3:16 pm
Mounted the tires Monday evening on brand new wheels that just arrived from Farsports earlier that afternoon. No levers necessary and went on easy by hand. Inflated with my compressor with the valve core in. Filled with 30ml of Orange seal to 85 psi front and rear and left overnight. Next afternoon they still held 65psi. Rode 55 miles and used 72psi front and 75psi rear on Farsports Wave 55-60mm hooked rims which are 21mm internal and 32mm external. Tire felt amazing regarding comfort and road feel. Mix of newly surfaced and chip seal as well as plenty of loose gravel in some sections from all the rain. The tires felt really fast and supple and seemed to hold speed well freewheeling which tells me plenty about the improvements from the previous Corsa TLR. I averaged 21.4mph for the ride and my normalized power was slightly lower for a slight gain in speed due to the better RR. I'll likely measure the inflated width in a few weeks when I'm back from a work trip. I'll be riding a different bike with Conty TR s 28's which I rate well for RR but they feel a bit more harsh.
I have an unopened bottle of orange seal, do sidewalls get dirty with orange seal? It happens with other "natural" cotton tires like veloflex, new corsas cotton seems a bit different, chemically treated, synthetic or whatever.

If your sidewalls aren't stained I will switch to orange seal ASAP, one of the tires is using finish line sealant which seems pretty terrible.
It says on the box to use Ammonia free sealant only. Pretty sure Orange Seal has ammonia.
I switched from Orange Seal to Vittoria's sealant for these tires.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

HBike

by HBike

TLN wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 6:06 pm
HBike wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 7:28 am
Here the 32mm version is nicely seen mounted on Reserve wheels (33mm external diameter, 25.5mm internal on front wheel). Seems like it fits this rim nicely and run smaller than expected.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CsDN3rbOT2l ... RjYmRlZg==
That's 52|63 wheelset and not 40|44. Plus rear wheel looks to be "locked" by the frame. I wouldn't call that nicely.
OTOH it seems to be "taller" tire, rather than "wider", which is a good idea I assume.
Possible, then its even broader. For me these tires fit nicely with these wheels.

Priit

by Priit

Aryeh wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 8:41 pm
It says on the box to use Ammonia free sealant only. Pretty sure Orange Seal has ammonia.

Orange Seal is ammonia-free

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

^

Orange Seal claims to not have ammonia
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

Aryeh

by Aryeh

Priit wrote:
Aryeh wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 8:41 pm

Orange Seal is ammonia-free
I stand corrected. Although it has stained tires for me.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

I’m not aware of any modern sealant that has ammonia unless it wouldn’t be listed on the SDS.

Almost all sealants are a mix of latex, water and ethylene or propylene glycol plus solid particles.

The only tires that obviously stained for me were Veloflex Corsas.

TLN

by TLN

HBike wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 9:01 pm
TLN wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 6:06 pm
HBike wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 7:28 am
Here the 32mm version is nicely seen mounted on Reserve wheels (33mm external diameter, 25.5mm internal on front wheel). Seems like it fits this rim nicely and run smaller than expected.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CsDN3rbOT2l ... RjYmRlZg==
That's 52|63 wheelset and not 40|44. Plus rear wheel looks to be "locked" by the frame. I wouldn't call that nicely.
OTOH it seems to be "taller" tire, rather than "wider", which is a good idea I assume.
Possible, then its even broader. For me these tires fit nicely with these wheels.
From that instagram post:
346046480_215512164558869_4571772026152716117_n.jpg
His: Orbea Orca OMX
Hers: Cannondale Synapse HM Disc

Aryeh

by Aryeh

I just did my first ride with the new tires. I think they look very nice and they definitely don't feel slow but I can't tell if they are any faster than the GP5K S TR.Image

skinnybex

by skinnybex

To be honest I don't care if Orange Sealant stains my sidewalls. I use what's effective and I've tried 5-6 different brands and Orange is always the best at doing the intended job regardless of the type of puncture. I have Veloflex Corsa Evo's with tan sidewalls and I used Stan's but won't buy that again after being disappointed in my MTB/Gravel/Road tubeless experience.
23’ Cervelo Soloist / 6.88kg - 1x Crit Bike
22' Cervelo R5 / 6.35kg - Climbing Bike
22' Cervelo Caledonia 5 / 7.55kg - Travel Bike
21' Cervelo Aspero / 8.06kg - Gravel Travel Bike
23' Cervelo Aspero 5 / 8.25kg - Gravel Race Bike

xav

by xav

We've done the Crr testing on the new Corsa Pro - the 26mm version is very similar to a GP5000S TR in 25mm (within the error!). They're quite nice to install as well, easier than the Corsa N.EXT in my opinion.

https://www.aero-coach.co.uk/time-trial ... tance-data

Xabi

by Xabi

xav wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 1:30 pm
We've done the Crr testing on the new Corsa Pro - the 26mm version is very similar to a GP5000S TR in 25mm (within the error!). They're quite nice to install as well, easier than the Corsa N.EXT in my opinion.

How aero or non-aero are these tires?

Cotton tires used to be not aero because of the glued rubber on the cotton case, Corsa pro has smoothed the transition between rubber and cotton case.

xav

by xav

Xabi wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 9:59 pm
xav wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 1:30 pm

How aero or non-aero are these tires?

Cotton tires used to be not aero because of the glued rubber on the cotton case, Corsa pro has smoothed the transition between rubber and cotton case.
These might be more aero than the Corsas, but we're not going to do aero testing on the Corsa Pro as they're not fast rolling enough to warrant it. We will be doing aero data on the Corsa Pro Speed once it's been finalised for production and released.

LedZeppelin007

by LedZeppelin007

I have some in 28c. They are very very fast and comfortable. Haven’t ridden enough to have insight into durability or wet grip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com