New Vittoria Corsa Pro!!

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
willmac

by willmac

Anectodal as it's a sample size of one but i managed to slice the sidewall on mine yesterday. Thought i dodged the road debris during the corner but obviously not. Held with a plug to get home but i'll be replacing it and hoping it doesn't happen again. 30mm tire on 25mm id rim if curious although this is half way down the casing so doubt anything else would have faired better
Attachments
IMG_3568.jpeg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nickf

by nickf

At $100 bucks a pop I wouldn't be using those as training tires.

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

Yeah I'm not spending 100 on them either when Power Cup cost 50. Waiting for the eventual price drop, but want to try the Pro in 32mm eventually.

RDY

by RDY

I haven't tried the Pros, but a bunch of riders switched from S TR to the Pro at my LBS ... most of them gave up after a few rides, some after the first ride. Huge gashes and punctures, with quite a few blowouts. And the sidewalls seem to be as fragile as any other Vittoria cotton tire. Granted the roads are terrible here, but they seem to get away with running the S TRs, which themselves lack durability.

Dubious that the Controls will prove to be much more durable - for me the Corsa Control 2.0 punctured just as easily as the Corsa 2.0, just the holes were slightly less ruinous - albeit that was with TPU rather than TL. I suspect it might be a similar story here. The rubber compound is just so fragile - I don't think BRR's tests do a very good job in Vittoria's case of showing just how susceptible to damage their race tires are.

mrlobber

by mrlobber

Funny enough, but even my Corsa Speeds seem to hold much much better (front already has 4000km) than the new Pros described here.
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

willmac

by willmac

I'm willing to give it another go before I move away from them. Ride feel and cornering is on another level compared to the s tr's. If I have another one binned this early in it's life then I'll make the switch back though.

B0tt0mline

by B0tt0mline

No problem at all, works just great.
Colnago C68- Enve SES 4.5
S-Works Aethos - Enve SES 2.3
Open MIN.D - Enve SES AR 4.5
Mosaic GT2-45 - Enve SES AR 3.4
Open WI.DE - no money for Enve

Xabi

by Xabi

Even if thread cuts are not as visible as older corsas they happen, I inflated my rear tire with co2 pump midride and it had around 10 bubbling holes. Sealant was finish line... Replaced it with orange seal at home and now they only lose around 0.2 bar max in 3 days.

DieselCondor

by DieselCondor

Around 1100km covered now, on crappy UK Cotswold roads.
I am surprised at their resilience to cuts and damage considering the debris left on the roads this year- much better than previous versions.
I am very happy with them so far, they ride beautifully and are fast.

scottydonald

by scottydonald

Well I am very inexperienced with mounting tubeless tyres but it took me two hours to gets these on and working on my Enve 4.5 AR;

I struggled to get one on but just didn't get enough slack.
Couldn't seat them with gravel pump.
Seated them straight away with compressor.
Realised the valves were in the wrong wheel, why? Yes I realise this now.
Both tyres pumped up with gravel pump but lost air through valve.
Added sealant to both, one worked straight away, the other was a nightmare around the valve but 10 attempts, spins shakes later it sealed and wasted sealant.

Had a round the block ride on my SL7 and wow they do feel great compared to previous gp5000 STR and Schwalbe Pro One Addix all in 28. Looking forward to tomorrows short ride.

Aryeh

by Aryeh

I have joined the sidewall flat club with this tire. It happened at mile 92 of a century. I put a tube in.
I will take a closer look when I get home.

Edit: I thought it was a sidewall because the flat didn't seal and sealant was coming out along the sidewall and the bead partially unseated.
When I got home I removed the tube and tried getting the tire to seat again without a tube, it was very difficult since the tire was very loose and it only worked once I used my air canister with the valve core removed.

I don't think the hole was very big and the Vittoria sealant failed to maintain rideable pressure.
I used to use Orange Seal which worked well but I don't like what it does to tan sidewalls.
Any other suggestions for sealant?
Last edited by Aryeh on Sun Jun 25, 2023 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ViperFFM

by ViperFFM

Aryeh wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 2:21 pm
Any chance this tire is faster than the GP5000 S TR? All the Corsa tires until now aside from the Corsa Speed were quite a bit slower according to BRR.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
There are countless other options both faster and more durable than th S TR. Even the former Gp5000 TL 2018 model is better in both regards
carbonLORD wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:23 am
I'm a CAT 3 Masters racer, not a dentist.

ViperFFM

by ViperFFM

Yoln wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:02 pm
The BRR tests are quite impressive! Best tyre out there in 2023. At least one Italian company delivers
I dont think anything impressive came out of the industry except 100% price increase. The GP5000 TL still is in the same ballpark and was released 2018
carbonLORD wrote:

warthog101

by warthog101

ViperFFM wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2023 1:21 pm

I dont think anything impressive came out of the industry except 100% price increase. The GP5000 TL still is in the same ballpark and was released 2018
:idea: :) :lol:

ViperFFM

by ViperFFM

warthog101 wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2023 1:27 pm
ViperFFM wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2023 1:21 pm

:idea: :) :lol:
Whats up troll? Go check the data if this sound unbelievable (which it does because 5 years of developemnt literally led to nothing)
carbonLORD wrote:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com