New Vittoria Corsa Pro!!

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

If grip and puncture protection is similar to the Power Cup, I'll fetinitely try it out.

For me, the GP has left the conversation as a daily training tire with the S TR generation. To drop weight, the BRR puncture score dropped to similar levels as TT tires.

mrlobber

by mrlobber

xav wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 10:30 pm
These might be more aero than the Corsas, but we're not going to do aero testing on the Corsa Pro as they're not fast rolling enough to warrant it. We will be doing aero data on the Corsa Pro Speed once it's been finalised for production and released.
You say something like that is coming? :no1:
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Aeo

by Aeo

Corsa Pro Speed might not arrive until 2024
Giant TCR Adv Pro Disc '17 · BH Lynx Race Evo '19 · Seraph GR029 '21 · Canyon Inflite AL '14

FlatlandClimber

by FlatlandClimber

Yes, officially Corsa Speed Pro will not arrive until 2024, and tire aerodynamics are definitely a little overrated.
While Swiss Side claims un-aerodynamic tries "destroy the aerodynamics of every wheel", all tests I've seen have put the difference from best to worst (with a given width) of 2-4 watts at 45kph. That difference in Rolling Resistance between a very aerodynamic road tire, and a non aerodynamic TT tire is usually bigger than that.

I really hope for the new Corsa Speed Pro to be as fast as the Veloflex Record TLR, with a tread width and wear rate of the GP5000TT. That'd be amazing.
Cervelo P5 Disc (2021) 9.1kg
Factor Ostro Gravel (2023) 8.0kg
S-Works SL8 (2023) 6.3kg

*weights are race ready, size 58/L.
Sold: Venge, S5 Disc, Roubaix Team, Open WI.DE, Émonda, Shiv TT, Crux, Aethos, SL7

xav

by xav

FlatlandClimber wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 2:37 pm
I really hope for the new Corsa Speed Pro to be as fast as the Veloflex Record TLR, with a tread width and wear rate of the GP5000TT. That'd be amazing.
I've been told the current version is a bit prone to punctures so I assume the work between now and 2024 will be mostly on rectifying that.

Xabi

by Xabi

I ve been using the tires for some months, winter included and they catch much less road crap than previous Vittoria corsas, much less thread cuts in my experience, no punctures so far in around 2k km, roads here are pretty clean, the only problem being road salt in cold days and it staying forever on the sides of the road.

xav

by xav

Xabi wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 5:53 pm
I ve been using the tires for some months, winter included and they catch much less road crap than previous Vittoria corsas, much less thread cuts in my experience, no punctures so far in around 2k km, roads here are pretty clean, the only problem being road salt in cold days and it staying forever on the sides of the road.
Sounds good, I plan to ride these in training on the TT bike to see what they're like compared with the GP5000 clinchers I normally use. Hopefully the sidewalls retain their colour better than others like Schwalbe etc.!

Beancouter

by Beancouter

Not sure if any weights posted above, but if not 32mm….

Being mounted on my new Farsports 50mm deep, 30mm/ 24mm (int/ext) which came in at .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZR3

by AZR3

Beancouter wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 6:10 pm

Being mounted on my new Farsports 50mm deep, 30mm/ 24mm (int/ext) which came in at .

What the model of Farsports is that and what hub?

Beancouter

by Beancouter

AZR3 wrote:
Beancouter wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 6:10 pm

What the model of Farsports is that and what hub?
Will put more details on Farsports thread but RD230 hub on gravel carbon rims, sapim super spokes.

AZR3

by AZR3

Ah, didn't look at the gravel wheels, was wondering about the 30/24 measurements since I couldn't find anything that size on their road disc section

Aerodynamik

by Aerodynamik

Does anybody know whether they will offer a black tyre as well? Not a big fan of tan walls on my bike.

seamaster76

by seamaster76

Later on your tv screen… Image

gorkypl

by gorkypl

Aerodynamik wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 10:45 am
Does anybody know whether they will offer a black tyre as well? Not a big fan of tan walls on my bike.
+1

Also - any idea when the bicyclerollingresistance.com will test these?

Fuji Cross 1.5 - Shimano 105 5800 | Cinelli Superstar Disc - Record 12s | Custom steel Karamba - Ekar 13s

FlatlandClimber

by FlatlandClimber

gorkypl wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 10:53 am
Aerodynamik wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 10:45 am
+1

Also - any idea when the bicyclerollingresistance.com will test these?
Number 1 voted tire in May. So probably early June. But we know it's fast already. Now it's only about grip and puncture resistance.
Cervelo P5 Disc (2021) 9.1kg
Factor Ostro Gravel (2023) 8.0kg
S-Works SL8 (2023) 6.3kg

*weights are race ready, size 58/L.
Sold: Venge, S5 Disc, Roubaix Team, Open WI.DE, Émonda, Shiv TT, Crux, Aethos, SL7

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com