New Vittoria Corsa Pro!!

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
nickf

by nickf

I prefer to have a new front tire, if a rear tire gets a puncture it's less of a hazard. Rather have the newest rubber where it's critical.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tofast

by Tofast

Is anybody running the 28mm tires on rims with inner rim width 25mm? If so how wide are the tires?

also how wide would 30mm tires be on that wide rims?

LedZeppelin007

by LedZeppelin007

Tofast wrote:Is anybody running the 28mm tires on rims with inner rim width 25mm? If so how wide are the tires?

I have. I think they blew up to 30mm. I think 30s were like 32mm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

garbageman

by garbageman

Tofast wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:02 pm
Is anybody running the 28mm tires on rims with inner rim width 25mm? If so how wide are the tires?

I have a 28c and a 30c on 24mm internal rims. 28c is a hair over 30mm. The 30 is 32mm. both at 60psi.

mrlobber

by mrlobber

Tofast wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:02 pm
I doubt you'd find any 28mm tyre less than 30mm on this IW. Most will be 30.5+, the "oversized ones" 31+ mm WAM. Add 2-3mm WAM for 30mm tyres.
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

Tofast

by Tofast

Thanks for the input guys😊
Trying to decide width for Zipp 303FC and just got answer from Vittoria that 28mm is not officially approved for rim width above 23mm as per ETRTO

CampagYOLO

by CampagYOLO

Tofast wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:38 am
Trying to decide width for Zipp 303FC and just got answer from Vittoria that 28mm is not officially approved for rim width above 23mm as per ETRTO
I'd run a 28mm tyre on a hooked rim with 25mm internal width but those Zipp's are hookless so I probably would heed Vittoria's advice and not use that combo.

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

FlatlandClimber wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 2:37 pm
Yes, officially Corsa Speed Pro will not arrive until 2024, and tire aerodynamics are definitely a little overrated.
While Swiss Side claims un-aerodynamic tries "destroy the aerodynamics of every wheel", all tests I've seen have put the difference from best to worst (with a given width) of 2-4 watts at 45kph. That difference in Rolling Resistance between a very aerodynamic road tire, and a non aerodynamic TT tire is usually bigger than that.

I really hope for the new Corsa Speed Pro to be as fast as the Veloflex Record TLR, with a tread width and wear rate of the GP5000TT. That'd be amazing.
Any word on roughly when in 2024 the Speed is coming?

The 2-4W aero difference seems quite big, depending on speed. The RR difference between GP TT and Speed is less than 1 W, so that would suggest a GP TT on the front wheel would be much faster. And that the Speed is also slower than the more puncture resistant S TR. Makes it seem like the Speed is not a good choice for the front wheel.

RadB

by RadB

CampagYOLO wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:54 am
Tofast wrote:
I'd run a 28mm tyre on a hooked rim with 25mm internal width but those Zipp's are hookless so I probably would heed Vittoria's advice and not use that combo.
That's the problem with etrto advice, it's mindlessly generic with no actual rim, tyre or manufacturer specificity. It's eye wateringly stupid.

FlatlandClimber

by FlatlandClimber

BigBoyND wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 6:54 am
FlatlandClimber wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 2:37 pm
Yes, officially Corsa Speed Pro will not arrive until 2024, and tire aerodynamics are definitely a little overrated.
While Swiss Side claims un-aerodynamic tries "destroy the aerodynamics of every wheel", all tests I've seen have put the difference from best to worst (with a given width) of 2-4 watts at 45kph. That difference in Rolling Resistance between a very aerodynamic road tire, and a non aerodynamic TT tire is usually bigger than that.

I really hope for the new Corsa Speed Pro to be as fast as the Veloflex Record TLR, with a tread width and wear rate of the GP5000TT. That'd be amazing.
Any word on roughly when in 2024 the Speed is coming?

The 2-4W aero difference seems quite big, depending on speed. The RR difference between GP TT and Speed is less than 1 W, so that would suggest a GP TT on the front wheel would be much faster. And that the Speed is also slower than the more puncture resistant S TR. Makes it seem like the Speed is not a good choice for the front wheel.
I don't know anything about the release.
2-4W is probably a pretty high guess. But 2 watts at 45kph would be offset by the difference in rolling resistance:
https://www.aero-coach.co.uk/time-trial ... tance-data
Cervelo P5 Disc (2021) 9.1kg
Factor Ostro Gravel (2023) 8.0kg
S-Works SL8 (2023) 6.3kg

*weights are race ready, size 58/L.
Sold: Venge, S5 Disc, Roubaix Team, Open WI.DE, Émonda, Shiv TT, Crux, Aethos, SL7

floriansantana

by floriansantana

Can anyone who also used the “old” Corsa Graphene 2.0 tell me if there is any point in upgrading to the new Corsa Pro if I’m not planning to use a tubeless setup. I'm looking to buy new tires for this season and can’t really decide if I it’s worth to spend double the money on the Corsa Pro.
Cannondale SuperSix Evo Disc
Cannondale SystemSix HiMod Disc
@floriansantana

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

floriansantana wrote:Can anyone who also used the “old” Corsa Graphene 2.0 tell me if there is any point in upgrading to the new Corsa Pro if I’m not planning to use a tubeless setup. I'm looking to buy new tires for this season and can’t really decide if I it’s worth to spend double the money on the Corsa Pro.
None.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikehhhhhhh

by mikehhhhhhh

Tofast wrote:
I'm running this combo. It's on Zipp's own compatibility chart

AXA

by AXA

The new Vittoria Corsa Pro Speed is out!

https://int.vittoria.com/blogs/magazine ... thlon-tire

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

AXA wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2024 12:13 am
The new Vittoria Corsa Pro Speed is out!

https://int.vittoria.com/blogs/magazine ... thlon-tire

It's going to be interesting to see if the Crr gains outweigh the aero losses from not having siping like on the GP5K TT TR.