New Vittoria Corsa Pro!!

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
mrlobber

by mrlobber

Not fully clear if they talk about 5% RR improvement vs the Corsa Pro or the previous Corsa Speed. In case of the former, I'm afraid it won't be anything special, in case of the latter, I guess, this tire will be on the top for the monthly BRR voting to be tested really soon.

28" option is nice, yet all sizes seem to be available in tanwall only.
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

mrlobber wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:15 am
Not fully clear if they talk about 5% RR improvement vs the Corsa Pro or the previous Corsa Speed. In case of the former, I'm afraid it won't be anything special, in case of the latter, I guess, this tire will be on the top for the monthly BRR voting to be tested really soon.

28" option is nice, yet all sizes seem to be available in tanwall only.

It's already in a winning position. Using a realistic "medium" tire pressure value, 5% improvement would be ~.4W at BRR's testing speed of 29kph. For a pair of tires at race speeds, probably <1.5W faster. Honestly there's nothing in it between the Corsa Pro Speed, the Corsa Speed and the GP5K TT TR. The GP5K TT TR is a more durable tire than the Corsa Speed, and I imagine that carries over against the Corsa Pro Speed.

mrlobber

by mrlobber

I've not run the TT TRs, but Corsa Speeds have been good for me for 4000km+ (originally on the TT bike, but later moved to aero road bike for flat training/races), so no real complaints of durability there. If these are on par in durability with the previous model and equal or faster than the Veloflex Records (which I've been fine with too), I'm in.
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

CJosephB

by CJosephB

Hello folks, I'm doing my due diligence, and reading ride reviews on the latest Corsa Pro TLR. What are people's thoughts here on regular riding (NOT RACING)? This is coming from a GP5000 S TR (30mm). The consistent thing I'm reading is, the ride feels great on the road, supple, but at the cost of rolling resistance, probably below par on its class (I don't race, some light enthusiastic rides and regular riding). Some mentioned air retention (on tubeless), I'm disciplined when it comes to pumping and setting my PSI on almost every ride... so that's not an issue for me.

"The supple casing and grippy compound feels fantastic on the road, offering plenty of vibration-damping, and confidence when cornering or descending.

It doesn’t feel slow, either. Had I been doing back-to-back tests in a controlled environment, then perhaps I’d have been able to detect the differences. However, for regular riding, the Corsa Pro TLR feels brilliant."
- https://www.bikeradar.com/reviews/compo ... yre-review

Thanks for the feedback in advance.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

CJosephB wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:12 am
Hello folks, I'm doing my due diligence, and reading ride reviews on the latest Corsa Pro TLR. What are people's thoughts here on regular riding (NOT RACING)? This is coming from a GP5000 S TR (30mm). The consistent thing I'm reading is, the ride feels great on the road, supple, but at the cost of rolling resistance, probably below par on its class (I don't race, some light enthusiastic rides and regular riding). Some mentioned air retention (on tubeless), I'm disciplined when it comes to pumping and setting my PSI on almost every ride... so that's not an issue for me.

"The supple casing and grippy compound feels fantastic on the road, offering plenty of vibration-damping, and confidence when cornering or descending.

It doesn’t feel slow, either. Had I been doing back-to-back tests in a controlled environment, then perhaps I’d have been able to detect the differences. However, for regular riding, the Corsa Pro TLR feels brilliant."
- https://www.bikeradar.com/reviews/compo ... yre-review

Thanks for the feedback in advance.

My opinion is they aren't that much more supple than competing tires, but they are noticeably more puncture prone. And if we trust the Crr and grip tests conducted by BRR, then there's not much reason to use these tires.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

I find corsa pro and slightly worn 5000STR basically the same. The suppleist tire for me is by far the PowerCup TLR, but understand the tread is not wide. Riding through all the crap today was not an issue with PCTLR
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

mrlobber

by mrlobber

Aerocoach already has the Pro Speed bought, so we could expect the first RR results (at TT speeds) soon.

mikehhhhhhh

by mikehhhhhhh

Has anyone else found their Corsa Pro when setup tubeless just doesn't seal as well as other tyres?

I initially thought it was down to my choice of sealant (stans race), but I recently pulled my Corsa Pros back out for a new set of wheels, setup with Silca Ultimate and the same small hole that wouldn't quite seal before still seems to weap now.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

mikehhhhhhh wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:26 pm
Has anyone else found their Corsa Pro when setup tubeless just doesn't seal as well as other tyres?

I initially thought it was down to my choice of sealant (stans race), but I recently pulled my Corsa Pros back out for a new set of wheels, setup with Silca Ultimate and the same small hole that wouldn't quite seal before still seems to weap now.

I had two punctures within a couple weeks of switching to Corsa Pros, in which case three DynaPlugs were required. This was with Vittoria’s own sealant, which didn’t help. When I switched to Orange Seal, the large puncture which required two plugs finally sealed permanently.

Mirco

by Mirco

After riding a couple of years with tubeless, even the Corsa Pro TRL, I switched back to latex tubes. Makes life much more easier.

Aryeh

by Aryeh

mikehhhhhhh wrote:Has anyone else found their Corsa Pro when setup tubeless just doesn't seal as well as other tyres?

I got more flats in a few weeks using the corsa pros than I got in a year using GP5000S TR.
I'm now using Challenge Criterium RS and I have not had any issues so far.
Last edited by Aryeh on Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

e4rthm0ver

by e4rthm0ver

Same, had multiple flats that would not completely seal running corsa controls for 5 months last year. Only one over 3 years running gp5000 tl & str prior to that. Coming back to conti for 2024

mikehhhhhhh

by mikehhhhhhh

Yep, that's the end of my experiment with the Corsa Pro.

I've just replaced them with another set of GP5000s. Gutted to lose the cream sidewalls, really liked the look, but can't deal with the constant poor sealing

JMeinholdt

by JMeinholdt

mikehhhhhhh wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:26 pm

I've had my Corsa Pro's set up tubeless since ~May of last year. I'll have a long term review up on my YT channel this weekend, but the jist is that overall I like them. My experience is that they haven't been too puncture prone. More so than GP5K's I've used in the past, but I've only had one incident over ~1000-1200 miles where I had a puncture and it sealed up quickly. I didn't even notice a loss of pressure. I'm using Muc-off no punctures sealant if that matters.

My one major complaint is that they leaked down quickly for a LONG time. Like months of leaking down completely after just a few days. No punctures or anything, just air loss through the casing. More so than any other tire I've had.
Wilier Cento10AIR - SRAM Force AXS - Road/race
3T Exploro - SRAM Rival AXS XPLR - Gravel
Wilier Sestiere - Shimano Tiagra - Commuter

YouTube link: https://www.youtube.com/@JMCyclingVideos

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Xabi

by Xabi

You might need to improve your tubeless setup, I have riden Corsa pros since before they were released and no issues with Hutchinson sealant, orange seal regular and orange seal endurance.

Veloflexes are a bit leakier but not a big deal... Corsa graphene 2.0 have been the trickiest ones to seal during first days, you could use them 2 days and find them flat on the third...