New Vittoria Corsa Pro!!

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
Xabi

by Xabi

My 30s Corsa pro are pretty big on 19 and 22 inner width.

I will go for 28 when I wear them out

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

robbosmans

by robbosmans

You have a set already?

Xabi

by Xabi

I have 2 sets, have been using them this winter season.

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

Xabi wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:42 pm
My 30s Corsa pro are pretty big on 19 and 22 inner width.

I will go for 28 when I wear them out
Have you measured them with calipers? How wide are they on those two rims?

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

Any indication of launch date for these?

ichobi

by ichobi

In a few days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yoln

by Yoln

From Vittoria's website. 12% improvement to a 12.8w (BRR data at 100psi for current Corsa g2 tlr) would put it at 11.2w, not fantastic still, and I would guess that those improvements are probably overstated...
Litespeed Gravel Ultimate : https://tinyurl.com/zvxxy8zk
Wilier “Cento Ramato“ : https://tinyurl.com/29vs8vre
#RETIRED# Lynskey “the Do-it-all Helix” 🧬:https://tinyurl.com/bdmb5y24

alanyu

by alanyu

Yoln wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 2:42 pm

From Vittoria's website. 12% improvement to a 12.8w (BRR data at 100psi for current Corsa g2 tlr) would put it at 11.2w, not fantastic still, and I would guess that those improvements are probably overstated...
Vittoria has already cheated the numbers on N.EXT, and after several rides with N.EXT TLR, I'm totally disappointed on them. Thus, I don't trust them anymore. I will wait for BRR test.

Yoln

by Yoln

I mean, next was never supposed to be a performance tyre was it? I always saw it as an alternative to Rubino
Litespeed Gravel Ultimate : https://tinyurl.com/zvxxy8zk
Wilier “Cento Ramato“ : https://tinyurl.com/29vs8vre
#RETIRED# Lynskey “the Do-it-all Helix” 🧬:https://tinyurl.com/bdmb5y24

alanyu

by alanyu

Yes, N.EXT is an alternative to Rubino, but
Vittoria compared it to GP5k and Pro One Addix in their media materials, showing the rolling resistance is on par with Pro One, which is apparently a cheating. :noidea:
They also released a similar picture comparing rolling resistance/weight/grip to the old model, claiming a huge rolling resistance improvement in %, which is apparently a cheating number. Now they removed it everywhere. :noidea:
Also, they claimed "The ride quality of cotton with the price of nylon", but again, this is a cheating. Its riding quality is way worse than a cotton tyre, but the price is much higher than Rubino. :noidea:

CyclingGiraffe

by CyclingGiraffe

alanyu wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 8:53 pm
Yes, N.EXT is an alternative to Rubino, but
Vittoria compared it to GP5k and Pro One Addix in their media materials, showing the rolling resistance is on par with Pro One, which is apparently a cheating. :noidea:
They also released a similar picture comparing rolling resistance/weight/grip to the old model, claiming a huge rolling resistance improvement in %, which is apparently a cheating number. Now they removed it everywhere. :noidea:
Also, they claimed "The ride quality of cotton with the price of nylon", but again, this is a cheating. Its riding quality is way worse than a cotton tyre, but the price is much higher than Rubino. :noidea:
I've no experience with the N.EXT, but their place in the Vittoria lineup reminds me very much of the old Diamante Pro clinchers from ten or fifteen years ago. I believe they were marketed as a nylon-casing tire that felt like and were just as fast as the Open Corsa tires, but more durable. If I recall correctly, in the end they weren't that well received because they simply did not have the same supple feel as the Open Corsa and were not actually that durable; they cost quite a bit more than the Rubino Pros, but did not really deliver the "premium" experience promised. Seems very similar to the N.EXT tires, based on feedback I've seen online.

fbonde

by fbonde

So I finally got the new CORSA Pro; I went for the 28mm because that was what I had been using. Just the regular Corsa G2.0

To my big surprise, the 28mm was 1,2 mm shorter in height and ~2mm shorter in width on my Obermayer evo (18.2mm inner width)

This is the new CORSA pro 28mm - Measures ~26.41

This is the Old Corsa G2.0 Measures ~28.37

This is the Old Corsa G2.0 vs CORSA pro 28mm

This is the CORSA pro 30mm It Measures ~28.63

The ride feels a bit faster but not at all as comfy as the old one. I don't know, I think the cotton is a synthetic version rather than old "real" cotton walls. Maybe it's just me. I don't know what the material is 100%. Maybe some of you guys do. It feels good don't get me wrong; maybe it just takes time to get used to. I used to run the old version with latex tubes. I chose to go for tubeless - yes I did it :mrgreen:
insta: @fbonde

skinnybex

by skinnybex

fbonde wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 3:21 pm
So I finally got the new CORSA Pro; I went for the 28mm because that was what I had been using. Just the regular Corsa G2.0

To my big surprise, the 28mm was 1,2 mm shorter in height and ~2mm shorter in width on my Obermayer evo (18.2mm inner width)

This is the new CORSA pro 28mm - Measures ~26.41

This is the Old Corsa G2.0 Measures ~28.37

This is the Old Corsa G2.0 vs CORSA pro 28mm

This is the CORSA pro 30mm It Measures ~28.63

The ride feels a bit faster but not at all as comfy as the old one. I don't know, I think the cotton is a synthetic version rather than old "real" cotton walls. Maybe it's just me. I don't know what the material is 100%. Maybe some of you guys do. It feels good don't get me wrong; maybe it just takes time to get used to. I used to run the old version with latex tubes. I chose to go for tubeless - yes I did it :mrgreen:
If your running tubeless for the first time it's likely a tire pressure adjustment that needs to be made for the Corsa Pro to feel nice and compliant. I'd guess initially you could reduce by 10psi front and rear and see how that feels...so if you were 85-88 on your older corsa with latex for example you could try 75-78psi on the new tires since 28mm and no risk of pinch flatting. Also use either the Silca or Zipp tire pressure calculator to get close to ideal for your bodyweight and equipment along with rim width.
23’ Cervelo Soloist / 6.88kg - 1x Crit Bike
22' Cervelo R5 / 6.35kg - Climbing Bike
22' Cervelo Caledonia 5 / 7.55kg - Travel Bike
21' Cervelo Aspero / 8.06kg - Gravel Travel Bike
23' Cervelo Aspero 5 / 8.25kg - Gravel Race Bike

fbonde

by fbonde

skinnybex wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 4:29 pm
fbonde wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 3:21 pm

If you're running tubeless for the first time it's likely a tire pressure adjustment that needs to be made for the Corsa Pro to feel nice and compliant. I'd guess initially you could reduce by 10psi front and rear and see how that feels...so if you were 85-88 on your older corsa with latex for example you could try 75-78psi on the new tires since 28mm and no risk of pinch flatting. Also use either the Silca or Zipp tire pressure calculator to get close to ideal for your bodyweight and equipment along with rim width.
Thanks a lot for that. I just tried the calculators. I usually do 78 PSI rear and 75 in the fornt on the old Corsa 28mm G.20 rider+bike 88 kilos.

I start with lowering it by 10 psi (I read it somewhere out there) so 68 psi and 65 psi on the 30mm Corsa Pro. It seems like the Zipp calculator is more or less about that. Where is the Silca way too high?

The silica wants me to do this - Rear 71 PSI and front 69.5 PSI

And Zipp wants me to do this. Rear 65.8 front 61.9 PSI.

All input are welcome :beerchug:
insta: @fbonde

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

skinnybex

by skinnybex

Just make sure your selecting the proper internal rim width which i think you said is 18.5 and hooked-tubless. I think you should try 69F and 72R and see how that feels as well as perceived rolling speed. remember that the tire may look soft visually and feel a bit sluggish but you'll likely have better grip and more tire patch contact which should overall be faster.
23’ Cervelo Soloist / 6.88kg - 1x Crit Bike
22' Cervelo R5 / 6.35kg - Climbing Bike
22' Cervelo Caledonia 5 / 7.55kg - Travel Bike
21' Cervelo Aspero / 8.06kg - Gravel Travel Bike
23' Cervelo Aspero 5 / 8.25kg - Gravel Race Bike