New Vittoria Corsa Pro!!

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
jlok

by jlok

DHG01 wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:00 pm
Reading through Vittorias site, I was surprised to read the Corsa Pro Tubular is faster than the TL. Thoughts?
Anyone tried the tubular?
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cleanneon98

by cleanneon98

Anyone running these on a 23mm internal width rim? I am considering a set for my Aeolus RSL51 and hoping they measure out slightly narrower than the ~31mm GP5k S TR. Also if anyone has photos of how they fit on the rim would be great, trying to see if they will have a nice aero profile
TREK Madone Gen 7 SLR - 7.43kg
TREK Fuel EX Gen 5 - overbuilt and overweight

PeytonM

by PeytonM

cleanneon98 wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 1:05 pm
Anyone running these on a 23mm internal width rim? I am considering a set for my Aeolus RSL51 and hoping they measure out slightly narrower than the ~31mm GP5k S TR. Also if anyone has photos of how they fit on the rim would be great, trying to see if they will have a nice aero profile
I have 23mm internal hooked rims and the 28 Corsa pro measures 29.5mm at 70psi. Previously had 28 gp5000 clinchers at 30.0mm @ 70psi.

DHG01

by DHG01

jlok wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 8:49 am
DHG01 wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:00 pm
Reading through Vittorias site, I was surprised to read the Corsa Pro Tubular is faster than the TL. Thoughts?
Anyone tried the tubular?
I have not; have a pretty big stock at home of other models.
I don't n think BRR will test- but curious to see why Vittoria claim it is their fastest tyre.

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

Has anyone measured the 32mm on a 21-23mm rim?

LeMillion

by LeMillion

Does anyone know if the pink walled corsa pros will be making a return this year? Haven't seen them at the giro yet. I'm building a frame with pink accents that would look great with it.

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

Jaisen wrote:
Thu May 16, 2024 2:39 pm
I wonder if it is just a relabelled 28 or actually a new size. Not much point in having sizes in 28, 29, and 30. Perhaps they will change the line up to 26, 29, 32.
With the latest standards, having a 28mm and 30mm doesn't make must sense, since the reference rim width is 2mm different. So in reality the 30mm is should be just 1mm bigger than 28mm ok the same rim. At that point you might as well save a SKU, split the difference, and just offer a 29mm.

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

JMeinholdt wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:28 pm
BigBoyND wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:59 am
I really don't understand the Pro Control. Compared to the N.EXT it is 3% heavier, 7% slower, 3% smaller, 10% thinner, and 50% worse sidewall puncture protection. Grip and tread puncture protection are the same. So there are zero benefits and several drawbacks. At a higher price, too!

Why would anyone choose the Control?
I ordered the 34c Corsa Control's. The biggest thing for me is the cotton casing vs. nylon casing. The cotton casing should lend itselt to a much more supple ride feel.

Also, I think the control will actually be faster on the rough chipseal roads that I typically ride. Pure speculation on my part though.

I get a team deal on Vittoria's so the price difference wasn't all that much after the discount.
What are your thoughts on the Control, do they feel supple?

And how big did the 34mm turn out?

JMeinholdt

by JMeinholdt

BigBoyND wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 11:31 pm
JMeinholdt wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:28 pm
BigBoyND wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:59 am
I really don't understand the Pro Control. Compared to the N.EXT it is 3% heavier, 7% slower, 3% smaller, 10% thinner, and 50% worse sidewall puncture protection. Grip and tread puncture protection are the same. So there are zero benefits and several drawbacks. At a higher price, too!

Why would anyone choose the Control?
I ordered the 34c Corsa Control's. The biggest thing for me is the cotton casing vs. nylon casing. The cotton casing should lend itselt to a much more supple ride feel.

Also, I think the control will actually be faster on the rough chipseal roads that I typically ride. Pure speculation on my part though.

I get a team deal on Vittoria's so the price difference wasn't all that much after the discount.

Well, they're still in boxes. I'll work on the install tomorrow. Will put together an unboxing and install video for the YT channel as well, but I'll put all the details here for those that don't use Youtube (or want to sit through a video).
Basso Palta II - SRAM Force AXS 2x - Road/Gravel/Commute
Wilier Cento10AIR - retired
Wilier Sestiere - Shimano Tiagra - Collecting dust

YouTube link: https://www.youtube.com/@JMCyclingVideos

JMeinholdt

by JMeinholdt

JMeinholdt wrote:
Mon May 27, 2024 2:45 am
BigBoyND wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 11:31 pm

Well, they're still in boxes. I'll work on the install tomorrow. Will put together an unboxing and install video for the YT channel as well, but I'll put all the details here for those that don't use Youtube (or want to sit through a video).
Alright, I got these mounted up yesterday and put a short ride on them. Install was a breeze. Had to use a tire lever, but I don't think you can get away without these days on TL spec tires. It was far from difficult. The biggest surprise for me is that I was able to seat them with a standard floor pump, no compressor or TL specific pump necessary. Both front and rear so it wasn't a fluke.

Both tires were heavy. Claimed weight is 360g for the 34c. I don't recall the exact weights now but one was approximately 375g and the other approximately 385g. So a significant amount heavier than claimed.

Measured width (installed on 20c internal wheels) was almost right at 32mm. Now, I expect that might change as the tires settle, but it shouldn't by much as I measured that at their max 80psi when I seated them. I'll run these right around 50psi for my use.

Even though my alloy wheels only have a 26mm external width, there wasn't nearly as much lightbulb effect as what I anticipated.

As for the ride quality. Honestly it's nothing short of amazing. They feel so smooth and fast.

I've been switching between 26c Vittoria Pro's (usually 60-65 psi) and 40c Schwalbe G-One RS (usually 30-35psi). On the comfort spectrum, these 34c Corsa Pro Control's are MUCH closer to the 40c gravel tires with spongy tire pressure.

I'd estimate 90% of the road buzz I felt on the 26c tires has been eliminated. Even the harsh jarring from large cracks has been significantly reduced.

While I haven't measured anything, I don't think I've lost any speed from upsizing and going to the control's. But perception doesn't always equal reality to take that how you will.

Unboxing and install video will be up on my YouTube channel (link in signature) in a couple weeks.
Basso Palta II - SRAM Force AXS 2x - Road/Gravel/Commute
Wilier Cento10AIR - retired
Wilier Sestiere - Shimano Tiagra - Collecting dust

YouTube link: https://www.youtube.com/@JMCyclingVideos

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Was just reminded by an IG post that tread cap width does indeed matter.
Attachments
Snapinsta.app_448626263_18441253081025511_4526363102144246952_n_1024.jpg

robbosmans

by robbosmans

Alec knows how to corner, imagine that on Michelins

George46GR

by George46GR

Hi, I have a pair of Farsports Hyper wheels (24mm int / 30 mm ext widths). What would you suggest, 28 mm or 30 mm? I currently use Challenge Criterium RS tyres (28 mm / 27 mm rear/front both measuring arround 29.5 mm wide) but I would like to test the new 30 mm wide Vittorias Corsa Pro TLR. Thank you !

After reading the whole thread, I will reconsider the purchase of the Corsa Pros 30mm. I will probably continue with my Challenge Criterium RS (27mm / 28mm).
These have more than 7000 km with no punctures at all (fingers crossed).
2023 Cervelo S5, size 56, sapphire/ice

Ol3Tarmac

by Ol3Tarmac

George46GR wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2024 3:46 pm
Hi, I have a pair of Farsports Hyper wheels (24mm int / 30 mm ext widths). What would you suggest, 28 mm or 30 mm? I currently use Challenge Criterium RS tyres (28 mm / 27 mm rear/front both measuring arround 29.5 mm wide) but I would like to test the new 30 mm wide Vittorias Corsa Pro TLR. Thank you !

After reading the whole thread, I will reconsider the purchase of the Corsa Pros 30mm. I will probably continue with my Challenge Criterium RS (27mm / 28mm).
These have more than 7000 km with no punctures at all (fingers crossed).
Im also considering both tire models.

It seems that the challenge criterium are more puncture resistant despite being much lighter than the corsa pros. On the other Hand, one often read that they almost impossibile to unmount in case of a puncture. Do you have experiences regarding the grip of the tires on wet conditions?

For the Vittorias it is often stated that they are quite delicate, i guess somewhere in this thread is even mentioned that not even the "Control" version provides a better puncture protection. However, they are still a quite popular choice among users and peloton.

I've learned that probably next month (during tdf) a Corsa Pro variant in 29mm and Criterium RS in 30mm will be available.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

timmerrr

by timmerrr

robbosmans wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2024 10:10 am
Alec knows how to corner, imagine that on Michelins
The Reign Storm Racing Crit team here in the US just switched to Michelins, and they have been sliding out left right and center... (well maybe not center :D )

I have had similar experiences of cornering on the side walls of the Corsa Pros, no grip or crash problems, but concerning none the less.
State Bicycle Co. Undefeated: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=171358