New Vittoria Corsa Pro!!

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

If you’re experiencing higher than expected overnight air loss for months and not switching away from Muc-Off’s sealant to Orange Seal, that’s your own fault.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spartan

by spartan

first test of the new pro speed tlr

https://www.cyclesetforme.fr/test-de-ro ... tlr-28-mm/
Current Rides:

2023 Tarmac SL7 Di2 9270
ex 2019 S-works SL6
ex 2018 Trek Madone SLR Disc
ex 2016 Giant TCRAdvanced Sl
ex 2012 Trek Madone7

mrlobber

by mrlobber

Looking pretty good :no1:
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

MDecius

by MDecius

Looks nice so far but I think he’s set up the two for a non equal comparison. The TT TR was a 25mm where the Corsa Speed was 28mm and they were run at the same pressure. Despite nearly equal width on very narrow rims (17mm internal), the casing tension on the 28mm would likely have been higher.

If I understand the BRR article on this, for a true test of C_rr one has to equalize the two tires for casing pressure, otherwise comparing non equal widths is impossible.
Road - Time Alpe d'Huez 01 rim
All-road - Diverge Elite DSW '16 disc

xav

by xav

mrlobber wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:06 am
Aerocoach already has the Pro Speed bought, so we could expect the first RR results (at TT speeds) soon.
It is a bit quicker than the Corsa Speed, data out next week most likely. Weirdly the sizing is very close in real life between the 24 and 26mm Pro Speed (ie less than 2mm), and the 24mm Pro Speed is practically identical size to the old 23mm Speed on our test rim :?:

We've just published the track high pressure data which includes the Corsa Pro Speed at 130psi, but the differences between tyres will change at lower pressures so it's not relevant to road riding:

https://aero-coach.co.uk/clincher-tyre- ... ck-cycling

OCSlick

by OCSlick

Can we / has anyone used the new Corsa Pro with tubes? I don't want to run tubeless but want all of the new greatness of this tire.

Otherwise my option seems to be G2.0

PeytonM

by PeytonM

OCSlick wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:29 pm
Can we / has anyone used the new Corsa Pro with tubes? I don't want to run tubeless but want all of the new greatness of this tire.

Otherwise my option seems to be G2.0
Yes I've run them with latex and tpu, no problems.

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

Looks like the 30mm size will fail to get the necessary votes on BRR this month. Probably is a wasted vote since the 28mm is on there.

Let's get the 32mm tested instead. That would be more interesting

DHG01

by DHG01

3phase wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:10 am
I got the 28 version last month and I have about 500+ km. What I noticed is they puncture easily and I'm comparing this with a GP5K STR 30c which is mounted on my other bike. Road surface can be considered very paved and smooth, very minimal potholes and I ride both my bikes on the same road, with the GP5K STR doing better in terms of holes. It's curious as the holes are around pin hole sized , and some have maybe 1-2mm slice. everything on the middle and nothing on the side walls.I'm using Orange seal as sealant and you can see the bubbles coming out of this tiny holes. pressure is 74/77. It doesn't seal, but the pressure loss on the tires is not that big so in a way the sealant helps. On some days I will see bubbles coming out, I wipe it off, then it will return after a day or two. After a ride, you wouldn't see the holes, only after half a day then the bubbles appear. What I don't understand is why the sealant doesn't work on such a tiny hole? Should I change sealant? I kinda like the Orange compared to Stans.

On my gravel bike (Gravel King SS 38C) i had bigger punctures, but the Orange seal manages to seal it. I only actually noticed after a bike wipe down and I would see those holes sealed.

I like the tires actually, they're fast and they look nice TBH, the tan sidewalls don't stain easily. I think they're fragile being race tires and all but I really like how they roll.
Are you riding tubeless? Or tubed? If tubed and latex I have very good experience with Effetto Mariposa - on tubular, but key is the lattex inner tube. No issues when it dries out; spreads across the inner tube.

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

Has anyone mounted a 32mm on 21-23mm IW wheels? What's the weight and width?

B0tt0mline

by B0tt0mline

What is the real life difference between the Pro and the Pro Control?

I have the Pro on my C68 in 28mm and like them.

Thinking now of building up an Enve Fray with 34mm Pro Control - what do you think?
Colnago C68- Enve SES 4.5
S-Works Aethos - Enve SES 2.3
Open MIN.D - Enve SES AR 4.5
Mosaic GT2-45 - Enve SES AR 3.4
Open WI.DE - no money for Enve

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

I really don't understand the Pro Control. Compared to the N.EXT it is 3% heavier, 7% slower, 3% smaller, 10% thinner, and 50% worse sidewall puncture protection. Grip and tread puncture protection are the same. So there are zero benefits and several drawbacks. At a higher price, too!

Why would anyone choose the Control?

Feddesman

by Feddesman

Can I use stans Sealant for corsa pro tlr?

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Feddesman wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:21 am

You can use whatever sealant you want, but Orange Seal is better in pretty much every respect.

X5SAE

by X5SAE

Feddesman wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:21 am
It's not recommended with cotton carcasses as Stan's is ammonia based.

Orange Seal or Vittorias oen sealant or Silca should be a better choice.
Road
Cube Agree C:62 SLT 2021 (frame+fork) DA 9270 6.9x kg - ride-ready 7.25 kg w/pedals, cages, sensors, Wahoo mount

Gravel
Velobuild GF-002 Force AXS 7.5 kg, ride-ready 7.775 kg w/200 ml Stan‘s, pedals, cages, sensors, Wahoo/Cateye mounts

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com