Disk brake wheelset

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
godspeed

by godspeed

Hello there !

Iam searching for new wheels and need info about wheels spec - what i need - what i will buy .

I need hub with better rolling resistance - for climbing - disk brake - 23mm tyre .

My current entry wheels . fulcrum 600db . disk brake - centerlock.

It says : rim width 25mm - inner rim width 20mm - rim height 24mm .

I will spend 500 euro . it worth the upgrade / i will mention any obvious difference or should spend more?

Thx in advance !

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jch3n

by jch3n

500 eur won't get you anything much better than the Fulcrums you currently have. Definitely consider spending more.

dirks

by dirks

I am in the same boat as OP. My wheelset is a Fulcrum 600 aswell, with 10k KM on them and recently the third spoke on the rear wheel broke. From what I have read so far is, that after the 3rd strike, you should consider relacing the wheel or buy a new set.
I m thinking 500€ too, like Fulcrum 3, Campagnolo Zonda or DT Swiss (1400 if I stretch my budget).

You think that makes no sense? I m an endurance rider and I dont care about aero or weight. I just like to upgrade to a nicer set.