What to do with my Carbon Ti rim hubs?

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
Nixster

by Nixster

I have a nice pair of Carbon Ti rim brake hubs laced to Far sports 25x30mm tubular rims. I recently bought some Bora WTO 45s, also rim brake (of course) and tubeless. The Boras are great if a bit heavy, so I’m starting to think my tubular wheels are unlikely to get much use! I really like the hubs so that would be a shame.

I could keep them as a climbing set or re-lace the hubs onto some light tubeless rims. Any thoughts?
And if new rims, which ones? Similar depth would be best and if I can reuse the spokes even better.

Braking on the Boras is excellent so that’s a factor and I’d like to avoid swapping pads.
Thanks!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

eli76141

by eli76141

How about reaching out to farsports and ask them for a pair of rims with the same specs in clincher?

MichaelK

by MichaelK

Nixster wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:42 pm
And if new rims, which ones? Similar depth would be best and if I can reuse the spokes even better.
Not worth the hassle re-using spokes IMHO.

basilic

by basilic

Unclear what you're trying to achieve by changing the rims.
You have two wheelsets that you like, even if you currently favor the Boras. You need a backup wheelset anyway. Keep them as they are.