Challenge vs Veloflex vs Vittoria

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
TLN

by TLN

Been running tubeless for a while and pretty happy with setup. Mostly Vittoria Corsa and Corsa control. Now wanna try something different and get tan-walls for next season. No racing, but prefer to get fast rolling and comfy tire.
Been riding 30c (Corsa Control TLR) for a while and want to see what else is out there.

I'm looking at Challenge Strada, but cannot wrap my head around all the versions they have. Can anyone clarify what's the difference between Strada and Strada Bianca and all the versions they have: Handmade, Vulcanized and etc? Open Tubular, Tubeless Tubulars?
I assume Vulcanized versions is less supple, than "Handmade Tubeless". And that Strada Bianca is more protected version of Strada. both are available in 30c.

Considering Veloflex EVO TLR, all possible issues aside, how does Veloflex stack against well-known Vittorias and Challenge tires?

Alternatively: Forget about tan walls and stick with proven Vittoria Corsa Control for another summer
His: Orbea Orca OMX
Hers: Cannondale Synapse HM Disc

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Strada Bianca definitely uses a thicker casing than the regular Strada. Handmade TLR is their highest performing tubeless tire.

Challenge, IMO, has the most durable casings of the three brands you mentioned. They use nylon instead of cotton. The Strada Bianca has better air retention than the regular Strada due to casing thickness. The Challenge tread is made of natural rubber and has the worst wet grip, but is fine in dry conditions.

I found the Challenge Strada Pro H-TLRs more supple than Veloflex Corsa Race TLRs. That extra rubber strip inside the Veloflex tires does it no favors.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TLN

by TLN

Okay, that confirms my thoughts: Challenge Strada Pro H-TLR is worth considering and it comes in 30c size, but I can skip on Veloflex, that only comes in 28 or 32.
I'm not that worried about air retention, I'm checking tyre pressure regurarly and don't think it's going to be a big issue for me.

Now to figure out how does Strada Pro compares to Corsa TLR, Corsa Control TLR or N.EXT TLR. From what I'm reading, Challenge will fit somewhere between Corsa Control and N.EXT. Is that correct?
His: Orbea Orca OMX
Hers: Cannondale Synapse HM Disc

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Faster air loss / exchange means sealant dries up faster.

The Strada Pro is as supple or possibly more supple than the Vittoria Corsa TLR.