Has anyone tired the new S-works turbo 2Bliss T2/T5?

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
Sock3t

by Sock3t

I was a huge fan of the original RapidAir when it dropped. Feel, traction, and speed it was amazing. It absolutely sucked at flat protection, wore out quickly, and would constantly delaminate the tyre from the casing. I've since tried the GP5K TL S TR (tan wall!) and while it didn't have the traction or feel of the RapidAir, it had terrible flat protection also.

I'm now on the Vittoria N.EXT and it's not fast, it feels vague, but the flat protection and casing are amazingly durable. It's impressive, actually. Edit: The N.EXT is actually my new favourite tyre - it's amazing how good it rolls for the protection it has.

I now see Spec has two versions of the new 2Bliss tyre; a "Turbo 2Bliss T2/T5" in black and tanwall and a "RapidAir 2Bliss T2/T5" in black only. The RapidAir version is also only in a 26 and is 230 grams lighter.

I ordered a set of the non-RapidAir in Tanwalls to try but wanted to ask if anyone else has tried them yet?

jwiegand

by jwiegand

I've been using the Turbo T2/T5 since release, like you I used the RapidAir previous gen and liked how it ride and how grippy it was. So far the T2/T5 is a bit less supple but exceeds in everything else the old RapidAir.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

The new RapidAir has almost identical performance to the old RapidAir…except the Crr at lower pressures is improved.

Sock3t

by Sock3t

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:31 pm
The new RapidAir has almost identical performance to the old RapidAir…except the Crr at lower pressures is improved.
I'm really hoping the new compound is more flat-resistant. The skill walls are beautiful - I hate how specialized never has stock and then disallows their retailers from shipping. I finally found an east coast shop in the US that has them and didn't mind shipping to the west coast.

Sock3t

by Sock3t

I mounted my set of T2/T5 turbos tubeliss.

I allegedly bought 28's but they are much smaller than my N.ext 28's. I am almost suspect they are re-packaged 26's.

I'm going to ride them, still, but it was a little annoying to see this fact. I'll measure them today.

Xabi

by Xabi

Sock3t wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:43 pm
I mounted my set of T2/T5 turbos tubeliss.

I allegedly bought 28's but they are much smaller than my N.ext 28's. I am almost suspect they are re-packaged 26's.

I'm going to ride them, still, but it was a little annoying to see this fact. I'll measure them today.
Tires grow up after some kms.

skinnybex

by skinnybex

Never been a fan of Turbo Cotton tires, too fragile and wear out fast. The only Specialized tires I''ve liked were the Pathfinder Pro and Butcher Grid MTB tire. I've been running the Corsa Next 28's for about 500 miles as a training tire and it's been outstanding for the wet winter conditions and the chip seal roads that have lots of debris. The tire feels nice inlated tubeless 61/65 psi. I'll use the Next tires for everything but racing where I'll use GP5k TR.
23’ Cervelo Soloist / 6.88kg - 1x Crit Bike
22' Cervelo R5 / 6.35kg - Climbing Bike
22' Cervelo Caledonia 5 / 7.55kg - Travel Bike
21' Cervelo Aspero / 8.06kg - Gravel Travel Bike
23' Cervelo Aspero 5 / 8.25kg - Gravel Race Bike

Kluuz

by Kluuz

I have them in 28mm on my new Tarmac SL7 expert, I also thought they looked skinny compared to the schwalbe pro one's 28mm that I'm used to on a narrower rim. But they actually measure close to 30mm on my Roval C38's... No wonder they felt a bit harsh at 5 bar. Going to try a lower pressure.

Sock3t

by Sock3t

Kluuz wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:48 pm
I have them in 28mm on my new Tarmac SL7 expert, I also thought they looked skinny compared to the schwalbe pro one's 28mm that I'm used to on a narrower rim. But they actually measure close to 30mm on my Roval C38's... No wonder they felt a bit harsh at 5 bar. Going to try a lower pressure.
I rode them for the first hard ride and they're not impressive compared to the N.ext. So far, no flats which is nice but they don't feel any quicker than the N.ext and they're a LOT stiffer in sidewall and total road feel. I might not hold onto these long honestly and move back to the N.ext. Thinking of going with a 30mm with airliners.

Kluuz

by Kluuz

Sock3t wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:48 am
Kluuz wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:48 pm
I rode them for the first hard ride and they're not impressive compared to the N.ext. So far, no flats which is nice but they don't feel any quicker than the N.ext and they're a LOT stiffer in sidewall and total road feel. I might not hold onto these long honestly and move back to the N.ext. Thinking of going with a 30mm with airliners.
Yeah might be that, for me it's also on a new bike and wheels so it's still hard for me to differentiate. I will probably eventually go back to my regular choice too, if only for the price of these tires, but I am hoping to wear these out far enough.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

pushpush

by pushpush

I can't wait for mine to wear out so I can either go back to the previous gen of this tire, if I can find some, or maybe give the Schwalbe another try. I run them at 60psi on Enve 4.5 wheelset. Comfort is fine and handling is good at low speed. There's something different about them though, above about 40mph they start to vibrate for me which I really don't like.