elilee xxe wheels

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
Oriental

by Oriental

all translate by Google

Recently, ELILEE's ELIATS wheel set with integrated carbon fiber spokes was officially released. Here's the product details. Let's learn about it:

ELIATS uses the ATS automatic twining system technology, which is also a relatively advanced molding system at present. It was first used in the molding of missile heads. Its characteristic is that during the molding process, the machine is used to carry out bidirectional winding molding, and finally the single point reinforcement is carried out manually. Compared with the traditional process, the appearance has special grain and no joint integrity is stronger

The wheel set is paired with integrated carbon fiber spokes, which are provided by carbon king, known as carbonking's main business is motor cars and bicycles and sporting goods

Single-heel spokes weigh 3.3g (with spoke caps)

The spokes, like the mainstream carbon fiber spokes on the market, are directly formed from carbon wire-coated steel cores, tested to the standard of mainstream spokes, and have been tested by athletes for more than a year before being launched by ellee

Wind breaking section

Carbon Spoke Test Equipment

7075 High-precision machining of traditional pawl structure

Enduro ceramic bearings are used for carbon spokes and top closed wheels

X series and E series adopt coating-free process

X46 1140g (open

ELIATS has spent hundreds of thousands of dollars a year developing ultra-light closures for Iron III and TT users with 80-frame high front wheels and X76 Iron Tri wheel sets, the lightest of which the x870 open closure weighs just 880 grams. The tube tire weighs 800 grams, which no one has ever done in the disc brake era

Price of each model

Each series 19 inner wide wheel set, tire compatibility range from 23c to 35c; 21 inner wide wheel set, tire compatibility range from 25c to 45c

Elilee's first crank product, the elleexxe carbon fiber road crank, will also be introduced Interested friends welcome to continue to pay attention!
63646b3a8e9f09056b21439e_1024.jpg
63646b398e9f09056b21438d_1024.jpg
63646b398e9f09056b21438f_1024.jpg
63646b398e9f09056b214390_1024.jpg
63646b398e9f09056b214391_1024.jpg
63646b3a8e9f09056b214396_1024.jpg
63646b3a8e9f09056b214399_1024.jpg
63646b3a8e9f09056b21439f_1024 (1).jpg
I'm a native Chinese. I,thought maybe you guys may interested in it so I post it
as for me..... haha it is far more too expensive for me. But 860g discwheel for disc brake shocked me as well.
It would be nice of you to let me learn what you think. or if you need more details I may find for you.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Oriental

by Oriental

more translate and the wheels listed in picture below are for disc brake.
63646b3a8e9f09056b21439f_1024 (1)_edit_499264753084233.jpg
Last edited by Oriental on Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

StiffWeenies

by StiffWeenies

Honestly I thought they were going to be more expensive. 1040g for the X46 Tubular and 1140g for the clincher/tubeless version is very impressive. The 10.8K pricetag also undercuts the Farsports EVO4 and Vortex N4 which both cost 14K RMB. There is a pretty big gap between those 14K wheels and lower priced options like UP-VINE (10K), SCOM (9K), Weir (8K) and Hyper (7.8K), so I wonder how Elilee will be received. Regardless, Elilee is a very exciting brand and I'm looking forward to their upcoming carbon axle crankset and Blize climbing frame product launches.

I myself am eyeing the X46 Tubular to pair with Pirelli TUB SLs. The only negatives I can think of are the pawl hubs (should really be star ratchet like EXS AR24) and a potentially low weight limit because they're just so light.

Oriental

by Oriental

StiffWeenies wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:10 pm
Honestly I thought they were going to be more expensive. 1040g for the X46 Tubular and 1140g for the clincher/tubeless version is very impressive. The 10.8K pricetag also undercuts the Farsports EVO4 and Vortex N4 which both cost 14K RMB. There is a pretty big gap between those 14K wheels and lower priced options like UP-VINE (10K), SCOM (9K), Weir (8K) and Hyper (7.8K), so I wonder how Elilee will be received. Regardless, Elilee is a very exciting brand and I'm looking forward to their upcoming carbon axle crankset and Blize climbing frame product launches.

I myself am eyeing the X46 Tubular to pair with Pirelli TUB SLs. The only negatives I can think of are the pawl hubs (should really be star ratchet like EXS AR24) and a potentially low weight limit because they're just so light.
haha I am concerning the discwheel for 19800 QAQ. by the way, in domestic market, 10% or even more sale is available for far or vertex for some sellers.(but only in privately way).
For other wheels, elilee does seem more nice. It impress me that you get a really nice look of Chinese domestic wheel companys. Sadly, exs ar24 seems to be a monopolized project only for BR, it can't be found on Taobao now. oh! as for hubs, here is the weight of front and rear hubs. vortex is no longer a good choice for its rear hub broke for several times(although it provide nice guarantee). back to the topic, The elilee has register the brand in European market, the regenerationis done in about half year ago. l believe it will soon coming to you.(although more products are made now, like carbon axis crank) the boss himself is also a motor lover and there's truly many projects for him to be done. haha
mmexport1667914498097.jpg
ohhh, moreover here is one of self bulid wheel that I want to introduce to you. It has more plain price, and just a little gram heaver. Called cloud cycle or in Chinese 云迹. 1138g 50high only 5688yuan. and diy option is also ok to lose some weight.
URLs follows 【淘宝】https://m.tb.cn/h.U6cNLRi?tk=HoHudYQr6es CZ0001 「云迹Cloud Trail新款旗舰轮组:Storm风暴 碳纤维辐条碟刹公路碳刀」

Screenshot_20221108_215820_com.taobao.taobao.jpg
Last edited by Oriental on Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

StiffWeenies

by StiffWeenies

Oriental wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:07 pm
StiffWeenies wrote:

haha I am concerning the discwheel for 19800 QAQ. by the way, in domestic market, 10% or even more sale is available for far or vertex for some sellers.(but only in privately way).
For other wheels, elilee does seem more nice. It impress me that you get a really nice look of Chinese domestic wheel companys. Sadly, exs ar24 seems to be a experiment project, it can't be found on Taobao now. oh! as for hubs, here is the weight of front and rear hubs. vortex is no longer a good choice for its rear hub broke for several times(although it provide nice guarantee). back to the topic, The elilee has register the brand in European market, the regenerationis done in about half year ago. l believe it will soon coming to you.(although more products are made now, like carbon axis crank) the boss himself is also a motor lover and there's truly many projects for him to be done. haha

ohhh, moreover here is one of self bulid wheel that I want to introduce to you. It has more plain price, and just a little gram heaver. Called cloud cycle or in Chinese 云迹. 1138g 50high only 5688yuan. and diy option is also ok to lose some weight.
URLs follows 【淘宝】https://m.tb.cn/h.U6cNLRi?tk=HoHudYQr6es CZ0001 「云迹Cloud Trail新款旗舰轮组:Storm风暴 碳纤维辐条碟刹公路碳刀」

I know that you can get 10-15% discount if you buy from Xianyu but I believe Farsports has a history of not honoring the warranty of wheels bought from there according to some Tieba threads I read. For the EXS AR24 hub, you can buy it now built up in a wheelset from Builder Reserve or wait for EXS to release their own 42mm Granfondo and 50mm Competition wheelsets. And yes, I know Cloud Trail - I bought RideNow tubes from them in the past. I'm worried that their wheels might be a bit flexy like 0011 though.

As for the Elilee hubs, they're quite light but I wonder how much lighter the wheels would be if they were laced with Tactic. The tubular would likely be sub-1000g and the clincher sub-1100g.

eucalyptus

by eucalyptus

Weight of 45-50 ish clincher rims?

I guess some of the weight savings come from carbon spokes over CX ray. What about berd spokes? I rather use DT swiss 180 EXP hubs than anything chinese but that's just me.

Oriental

by Oriental

StiffWeenies wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:29 pm
Oriental wrote:
StiffWeenies wrote:

For other wheels, elilee does seem more nice. It impress me that you get a really nice look of Chinese domestic wheel companys. Sadly, exs ar24 seems to be a experiment project, it can't be found on Taobao now. oh! as for hubs, here is the weight of front and rear hubs. vortex is no longer a good choice for its rear hub broke for several times(although it provide nice guarantee). back to the topic, The elilee has register the brand in European market, the regenerationis done in about half year ago. l believe it will soon coming to you.(although more products are made now, like carbon axis crank) the boss himself is also a motor lover and there's truly many projects for him to be done. haha

I know that you can get 10-15% discount if you buy from Xianyu but I believe Farsports has a history of not honoring the warranty of wheels bought from there according to some Tieba threads I read. For the EXS AR24 hub, you can buy it now built up in a wheelset from Builder Reserve or wait for EXS to release their own 42mm Granfondo and 50mm Competition wheelsets. And yes, I know Cloud Trail - I bought RideNow tubes from them in the past. I'm worried that their wheels might be a bit flexy like 0011 though.

As for the Elilee hubs, they're quite light but I wonder how much lighter the wheels would be if they were laced with Tactic. The tubular would likely be sub-1000g and the clincher sub-1100g.
My god, you seems more Chinese like than I do. you even know 0011 hubs boom for many times. hahaha up to now cloud is durable enough and none accident happened.
I don't want to bother you but I can't help guessing you may live in Sichuan hhhh. in addition, as for farsports, they said they enve guarantee sencond-hand products, since 11,2021. so I thought it's ok to buy in xianyu.
passage by far as follows (in weixin) 微信
https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/C1dQyGckFCZXghSazPfLUA

Oriental

by Oriental

eucalyptus wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:40 pm

I guess some of the weight savings come from carbon spokes over CX ray. What about berd spokes? I rather use DT swiss 180 EXP hubs than anything chinese but that's just me.
sorry, my fault, I forgot to translate it that all wheels are for disc brake. As you said, it would be a nomal weight if it is a rim wheel.

StiffWeenies

by StiffWeenies

eucalyptus wrote:

Berd spoked wheelsets seem to be quite flexy. The ITLAB 45 from Japan with titanium spoked DT180 EXP might interest you.

eucalyptus

by eucalyptus

StiffWeenies wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:11 pm
eucalyptus wrote:

Berd spoked wheelsets seem to be quite flexy. The ITLAB 45 from Japan with titanium spoked DT180 EXP might interest you.
Shiiiish those look good! My Timetec 45mm rims with CX-ray 24/24 and 180 EXP were first around 1260, then had the front rim replaced on warranty and now just below 1300g.

1230g for a similar setup with lighter spokes is insane! I also see these are 30mm wide and not 28, damn!

I cannot find a price or max rider weight limit

Oriental

by Oriental

2.3g carbon spoke for 38yuan per
chaim that

The maximum tension can be 280~300kg

Factory test is 200~220kg

It is a flat strip, which is broken and replaced directly.

The product has a one-year warranty.

usable but kind of soft. May meet your need?

URL:
闲鱼 https://m.tb.cn/h.U5kTIrp?tk=TaQBdYk3ET7
Attachments
image_editor_1667922797762.jpg

RDY

by RDY

Oriental wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:05 pm
chaim that

URL:
Aren't these the glued type?

RDY

by RDY

StiffWeenies wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:29 pm
Oriental wrote:
StiffWeenies wrote:

I think the Chosen / FarSports RD230s are lighter than NonPlus / Tactic, but obviously not as good and lower spoke count.
StiffWeenies wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:11 pm
eucalyptus wrote:

Ti spokes are notorious for breaking if you're not super light, smooth on the power and ride on good surfaces. Much better to get Alpina Hyperlite ... lighter than CX Super and some Ti spokes, and don't fail any more than CX Ray.

Oriental

by Oriental

RDY wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:22 pm
Oriental wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:05 pm
chaim that

URL:
Aren't these the glued type?
No, they are not glued type. These spokes are made by The same factory of those 3.2 gram carbon spoke one.
I've used it for some while. The owner told me that well, it's kind of soft, but after long term of use the spoke doesn't seem to broke. I thought it is not suitable for daily use. It is hard in vertical ward and soft in horizontal. It is very weird experience. You can feel every single shake. Well, it is actually a soft wheel when you stand up to ride.(I am 80 kg by the way. )

StiffWeenies

by StiffWeenies

RDY wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:49 pm
I think the Chosen / FarSports RD230s are lighter than NonPlus / Tactic, but obviously not as good and lower spoke count.
Tactic says they weigh 215g for the pair, not sure how accurate the figure is in the real world though

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com