Corsa N.EXT TLR real life reviews?

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
TidyDinosaur

by TidyDinosaur

emotive wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 8:47 pm
TidyDinosaur wrote:Mine seem to have the same problem.

There is no delaminating yet, but they are cracking everywhere….
The bike has been stored for a few months now since it is MTB riding weather and just decided to check on it. And now I see cracks everywhere, even on the tire thread. These things are no longer safe to ride.
The tires were bought in june so only 6 months old...
Looks like ozone gas damage. Are they stored in the same room as a fridge?
The gasses given off by a fridge or freezer will accelerate tyre hardening and crack the rubber.
That's an original explanation 🙂
But no, the bike is kept in the garden shed. Same as 7 other bikes. And no fridge.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

warthog101

by warthog101

The line on one of your photos is what mine looked like early on. It just got wider.

TidyDinosaur

by TidyDinosaur

warthog101 wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 8:07 am
The line on one of your photos is what mine looked like early on. It just got wider.
Yeah, 4 months ago it was just some cracks on the sidewall so it has progressed really fast.
I would expect this state with tires that are 10 years old. Not 1/2 years...
This could have gotten really dangerous...

CyclingGiraffe

by CyclingGiraffe

warthog101 wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:54 am
The rear GP5kTL on my roadie was down to the carcass material in places. Time to swap it out.
The 26mm Corsa N.ext on the front had a line visible in the middle of the tread, so I was going to swap it to the back with a new tyre on the front.
Had a closer look. Nup in the bin 😬

Been on there a while but not that many ks. Been doing more gravel lately.
Anyone else had that happen?
That and the other example in this thread are pretty alarming! I just bought three Corsa Pros to throw on the bike in the spring, and I hope that they do not suffer the same fate.

TidyDinosaur

by TidyDinosaur

Yeah, there is clearly something wrong with the rubber...
Mine are on their way to the store and they will forward them to Vittoria. So I expect it to take a couple of weeks before I get feedback. I'm curious as to what they will say...

TidyDinosaur

by TidyDinosaur

It looks like 2 new tires are on their way to me. I did't get any feedback on the tires I returned, just a shipping confirmation on 2 new tires.

warthog101

by warthog101

I got mine online somewhere and just binned it. Doesn't help it get resolved I guess. It would appear they may be aware of a fault given the replacement hopefully.

montee

by montee

Looking for a good wet grip and puncture resistant winter tyre to run 30mm tubeless on 19mm id hooked rims.

How common are these (pretty shocking) N.EXT rubber failures?

Any thoughts on other good options - GP5000 AS in 32? WTB Exposure in 30?

Until now I was happy with IRC RBCC in 30 for wet grip, but poor availability and recent bad luck with punctures has me looking for a change.

CampagYOLO

by CampagYOLO

montee wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2023 5:04 pm
Looking for a good wet grip and puncture resistant winter tyre to run 30mm tubeless on 19mm id hooked rims.

How common are these (pretty shocking) N.EXT rubber failures?

Any thoughts on other good options - GP5000 AS in 32? WTB Exposure in 30?

Until now I was happy with IRC RBCC in 30 for wet grip, but poor availability and recent bad luck with punctures has me looking for a change.
Mine seem good so far, I've done at least a couple of thousand km's on my N.EXT's which are 32mm tubeless ones.

I would also consider the 30mm S-Works Turbo tyres, I'm considering them when these N.EXT's wear out as the clearence with them and my mudguards is quite fine.

montee

by montee

Bought some N.EXTs and they are nowehere near inflating or seating on my rims with a decent blast of air. I've had no problems with quite a few other tubeless tyres on these rims. Are the N.EXTs particularly fussy?

bobones

by bobones

There is a lot of variance in tyre and rim fit, and this is a problem I've encountered many times. If they're too loose, adding another layer of tape is often the best solution. Also make sure to lube the rim and tyre bead with soapy water from a trigger spray. Another option is to seat the tyre with a tube then unseat only one side to remove the tube. Also blast inflate without the valve core to get maximum air flow.

warthog101

by warthog101

I haven't found them hard to seat on two sets of wheels.
Have a 28 on the front WR50 as road wheels for the gravello.
It seated easily and has no lifting tread yet like that 26 did.

TidyDinosaur

by TidyDinosaur

I installed my new 28mm tires a couple days ago and they were EXTREMELY tight. No problem getting them set ut tubeless though. I used a compressor and removed the valve core the first time to get enough air in there...

TidyDinosaur

by TidyDinosaur

I checked my new tires yesterday and the rear one is cracking again! Only 2 rides since installing them.
Since the cracks are still very small, I think I am just going to ride them as long as I can and then replace them with GP5000's. I don't want to go through the hassle of warranty replacement again.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com