Corsa N.EXT TLR real life reviews?

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
vinc

by vinc

Mr.Gib wrote:
vinc wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:11 pm
I recently got me a set of 28mm Corsa Next TLR’s and had a real struggle getting the tires fit correctly. Finally I used an inner tube and left the tires pumped up a couple of days to set themselves and then remove the inner tube and put the sealant in. That worked fine. I didn’t ride with them yet so I’ll inform later on that in comparison with the normal Corsa’s with an inner tube and the Schwalbe One TLE’s…
Please tell us what wheels!
Hi, these are on the Farsport Kaze disc wheels, 19mm internal width (26mm external).

fizzaz

by fizzaz

I just retired my first of the 30mm NEXTs - right around 2000 miles so it isn't a true high-mileage tire, but it is definitely one of the best middle-performance tires. The front still has a lot of life in it, but cords are showing on the rear. All in, I'll probably buy another set for the pit wheels when the season starts.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Hard to imagine considering I get 3800mi out of 25mm GP5K S TRs and got 4100mi out of 30mm Corsa Control TLRs. Rear tires only.

fizzaz

by fizzaz

Tbh, I was a little surprised too and I'm not particularly heavy. I feel like I get slightly more out of the corsa controls as well. Maybe its this batch or maybe that my roads are particularly shitty and I've only ridden in the cold, but that's where its at. Ride quality was great though.

warthog101

by warthog101

The following post was supposed to be an edit.
Cocked that up :roll:
Last edited by warthog101 on Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

warthog101

by warthog101

I usually weigh 75-78kg.
Have one on the front.
Going ok wear wise but that is usually the case for a front tyre.
I guess I am heavier than you guys.
4000km is a great run out of a rear tyre for me. Many go less than that.

Not doing a lot of road lately. Much more gravel.
Soooo nice to be away from motor vehicles here in Australia where cyclists are a minority it appears acceptable to hate on.

Paopawdecarabao

by Paopawdecarabao

I'm less than 200mi on my tires and my rear already has several punctures. There has been a lot of debris here in Los Angeles because of the recent rains for the past few months but I feel like the tires are not durable. I'm using stans sealant but some of the puncture didn't seal well.

I used to ride veloflex corsa EVO and I feel like i had gotten more miles from it before I got any puncture.

OUGrad05

by OUGrad05

How do these roll with tubes compared with GP5k's and how about their resistance to punctures? I'm looking for something easier to mount with similar characteristics to the GP5k.

RoadDiscFor22

by RoadDiscFor22

alanyu wrote:
Sat Oct 15, 2022 3:00 pm
Update3:

Dismounting the NEXT TLR is A Nightmare.

It was such a tight fit on AR46...
Are your AR46's hooked or hookless?

I mounted a set of 32mm N.EXT TLRs on HOOKED Boyd Podiums (22mm internal width) with minimal issues. They sealed just fine even without sealant and easily held good pressure long enough for a test spin.

Cool, now time to add sealant.... but.... now I can't break either bead on one of the wheels and just one on the other wheel. I've had no issues previously mounting and removing various tubeless combinations of WTB, Conti, Pirelli and Hutchison tires on Shimano, Fulcrum, Stans and Campagnolo wheelsets, but I frikkin' swear it's like these N.EXTs have super glued themselves to my wheels.

These are the 1st tires I've mounted to the hooked Boyd Podiums. I'll have to do the walk of shame to my LBS and get these things removed. Then I'll mount and (hopefully) remove a different brand of tires to try and find out if the N.EXTs don't play well with my hooked Podiums.

Here's a review where the N.EXTs were fine to mount and remove on hookless, but a "nightmare" to remove on hooked:

https://roadbikeaction.com/vittoria-cor ... de-review/

alanyu

by alanyu

RoadDiscFor22 wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:14 am
alanyu wrote:
Sat Oct 15, 2022 3:00 pm
Update3:

Dismounting the NEXT TLR is A Nightmare.

It was such a tight fit on AR46...
Are your AR46's hooked or hookless?
They are hooked. Anyway I won't ride NEXT any more. There are other better choices as a training/winter tyre at a lower price.

warthog101

by warthog101

alanyu wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:19 am

They are hooked. Anyway I won't ride NEXT any more. There are other better choices as a training/winter tyre at a lower price.
I have a N.EXT on my roadie front wheel, all good so far.
Interested in better, cheaper choices though.
What qualifies?

alanyu

by alanyu

warthog101 wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:30 am
alanyu wrote:

I have a N.EXT on my roadie front wheel, all good so far.
Interested in better, cheaper choices though.
What qualifies?
NEXT TLR is the worst comfort tyre I have used at the similar price tag, which I have already posted in this thread. I switched to Tufo comtura 5 as winter tyre after several rides. Day and night difference.

warthog101

by warthog101

alanyu wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:50 am

NEXT TLR is the worst comfort tyre I have used at the similar price tag, which I have already posted in this thread. I switched to Tufo comtura 5 as winter tyre after several rides. Day and night difference.
I haven't read all the thread.
Thanks, I'll have a look at the Tufos.

RoadDiscFor22

by RoadDiscFor22

alanyu wrote:

Thx for the reply. I think that fitting issues (particulary when removing) arise when the rims are hooked.

Mine are still brand new, so I will probably end up trying them again, but on my hookless rims (after my Pirellis wear out). I won't buy them again unless I'm superimpressed with both performance and setup on hookless.

Just glad I discovered the issue before getting a roadside flat in the middle of nowhere.

emotive

by emotive

I mounted Corsa Next 30mm (Clincher versions) on some hookless Light Bicycle AR36 and they were too loose. After about 500km the bead unseated, and the latex tube pushed through the gap and burst. I realise the Next clinchers are not recommended for hookless, but this is the first set of tyres that have had an issue on these AR36 rims I've had since 2016.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com