Corsa N.EXT TLR real life reviews?

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
CampagYOLO

by CampagYOLO

maxim809 wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 5:02 am
After riding 2 sets of N.EXT, I've arrived at the conclusion that these are amazing training and winter tires but not great for speed. Unless it's wet. Then they're great again.
My findings as well, they're what the Rubino should be, I'm very happy with mine. Vittoria always pitched these tyres as high quality training and poor conditions ones.

If they were also really fast then there'd be no point to the Corsa Pro!

kofsw4

by kofsw4

Can confirm, new 30mm Corsa N.Ext on 25mm internal width rims (LB WR38s) measure exactly 32mm at 55psi. Looking forward to trying them out on the suddenly very autumnal uk roads.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

xanrabia

by xanrabia

kofsw4 wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:19 pm
Can confirm, new 30mm Corsa N.Ext on 25mm internal width rims (LB WR38s) measure exactly 32mm at 55psi. Looking forward to trying them out on the suddenly very autumnal uk roads.
Long time reader first time poster...

Waiting on delivery on a new wheelset from farsports (well, wheelsfar). Was looking through tyre options and the N.EXT looks to be great value. I got the gravel wheels for the wider width, 24mm internal and 30mm external.

Tossing up between the 28mm or 30mm N.EXT tyres - leaning towards tube type. Cheaper and tubeless will be a major hassle to maintain in my circumstances. Plus I have TPU lying around anyway.

Does anyone have any experience or recommendations re: the tube type and actual measurements? Saw some estimated discussion on the previous pages. My reading seems to indicate that 28mm will work well and be almost 30mm (mmm, aero) but also, not the most experienced when it comes to comparing tube vs tubeless ready tyres. Cheers :)

EDIT: Oops, sorry. New user mistake. Just spotted the dedicated tube type thread...

warthog101

by warthog101

kofsw4 wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:19 pm
Just mounted a 28mm N.Ext on my hookless LB WR50.
Pretty well the perfect sized tyre for the rim. 25int 32ext. The 28 measusures just over 31mm mounted and inflated.

warthog101

by warthog101

The rear GP5kTL on my roadie was down to the carcass material in places. Time to swap it out.
The 26mm Corsa N.ext on the front had a line visible in the middle of the tread, so I was going to swap it to the back with a new tyre on the front.
Had a closer look. Nup in the bin 😬

Been on there a while but not that many ks. Been doing more gravel lately.
Anyone else had that happen?

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

So I am in the process of using up my stock of Corsa 2.0 because I don't trust them due to delamination, and now your showing us that the the Corsa Next also suffers from delamination? Come on Vittoria, get your act together. Was considering these for my winter bike. Guess not.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

robertbb

by robertbb

warthog101 wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:54 am
The rear GP5kTL on my roadie was down to the carcass material in places. Time to swap it out.
The 26mm Corsa N.ext on the front had a line visible in the middle of the tread, so I was going to swap it to the back with a new tyre on the front.
Had a closer look. Nup in the bin 😬

Been on there a while but not that many ks. Been doing more gravel lately.
Anyone else had that happen?
Is this a tubeless model, or tube type?

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

What a bizarre failure. How did a portion of the center tread end up crackled like that? Was there initially an overlap there?

warthog101

by warthog101

Tubeless 26mm. Mounted on the front only, pumped to 80psi max on a hooked 19mm int rim.
That line has been there for ages. Just hadn't bothered having a close look until I went to change it. Oops.
Carcass intact but peeling back on one side all the way around. "Made in Thailand" marked on the tyre. Just seems like the bond between the carcass and tread has failed. I have a 28 on the WR50 front for when I use my gravel Revolt on road. I'll pay more attention to that goer.

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

the rubber almost looks like it is degrading from age or long term UV light exposure, shrinking, cracking, etc. But of course that tire hasn't even been around long enough for that to happen... and yet it appears as though that is the case.

Very little in life freaks me out, but tires I cannot trust certainly do. Just too many companies over the last few years have had some life threatening quality issue with their tires. I have developed a solid level of paranoia on this issue - perhaps a good thing.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

warthog101

by warthog101

Less than 12 months old but kept inside in the garage. The garage does get warm occasionally in Summer but certainly not warmer than the country where they are made. It seemed to separate near the middle of the tyre where tyres have a moulding line when new. No flats or puntures in the thousand odd ks it did, but yeah, you wouldn't want to be racing a crit on it or something (not that I do anymore).
The line just started slowly and gradually got wider. I haven't been riding the TCR much. More the Revolt on gravel and on road even. I will keep an eye on the 28mm one I have just put on my WR50 front for the Revolt and report any signs of the same.

TidyDinosaur

by TidyDinosaur

Mine seem to have the same problem.

There is no delaminating yet, but they are cracking everywhere. At first only the sidewalls were cracking. I contacted the seller in august and they asked me to return and they would sent them back to the producer to check if it was a warranty case.
Since I would be without tires I decided to not return them and see if it would get worse.
The bike has been stored for a few months now since it is MTB riding weather and just decided to check on it. And now I see cracks everywhere, even on the tire thread. These things are no longer safe to ride.
The tires were bought in june so only 6 months old...

TidyDinosaur

by TidyDinosaur

Some pictures of mine. I just put them in a box to return to the store.

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

That is an extraordinary material failure. Vittoria's overall business mission could be distilled down to creating a tire that does not endanger its users. You had one job Vittoria...shame.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

emotive

by emotive

TidyDinosaur wrote:Mine seem to have the same problem.

There is no delaminating yet, but they are cracking everywhere….
The bike has been stored for a few months now since it is MTB riding weather and just decided to check on it. And now I see cracks everywhere, even on the tire thread. These things are no longer safe to ride.
The tires were bought in june so only 6 months old...
Looks like ozone gas damage. Are they stored in the same room as a fridge?
The gasses given off by a fridge or freezer will accelerate tyre hardening and crack the rubber.