Corsa N.EXT TLR real life reviews?

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
Boshk

by Boshk

For me, so far so good. 28mm version.
Massive pita, fingers bleed experience trying to put them on 303FC.
Seated very very easy with normal pump
50ml Peaty sealant used in each tire
rolls nice, looses about 5psi per day.....front a lot less
quiet, comfortable but thats probably because I'm running 70psi compared to 90-100 on clicnher 25mm

alanyu

by alanyu

Update3:

Dismounting the NEXT TLR is A Nightmare.

It was such a tight fit on AR46 that I couldn't push the tire off the shelf to the bottom with my bare hand, and my thumb was hurt. Had to use a flat head screwdriver carefully pushing the tire bead on both sides, and use tyre levers to dismount. It's impossible for me to tube it on road side if needed. :noidea:

It's even more difficult than the old GP5K TL. Though those tyres were used on different wheels and mounting was even harder than NEXT, I could diamount them w/ only tire levers on the road side. :smartass:

Maybe AR46 is on the + side of the ETRTO TLR tolerance, but I can push the GP5000 STR and the old Pro One TLR micro skin off the shelf on the road side quite easily before. :noidea:
Attachments
IMG_20221015_154218.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Lakal

by Lakal

I had the same experience the first time. It gets easier after a while.
I just installed a gp 5000s TR today and it is so much easier to work with. It is easier to mount, easier to inflate, and easier to dismount.

renoracing

by renoracing

I'll chime in with my positive experience thus far. I've been running the 30mm version of the N.EXT TLR's for over a month. I'm a long time Corsa TLR and Corsa Control TLR fan. For a recent ultra distance race(500miles) I wanted something a bit more durable, and gave the N.EXT's a go. I was able to mount them without tools onto my 23mm internal BTLOS wheelset. Seated easily, and held air for a few hours without sealant. The ride feel is great, albeit different than the cotton casings I've been on. The sound alone is very reminiscent of my days on GP4000s. The N.EXTs feel much better than the Conti's to me, and truly they feel nearly as fast as the Corsa Controls, which seems to be verified in tests.
During the race I did manage to tag a big rock in the road at 35mph while descending in the dark. It resulted in a 1/8" diameter hole in the front tire. I tried to plug it with a Dynaplug to no avail. Ended up beign able to un-seat one beat with a mini Pedros lever, install a tube, and re-seat the tire with a Co2 cartridge. Part of my choice in running this tire was my comfort with the ability to handle issues on the roadside. I wouldn't feel as confident with a GP5000 based on my experiences.

skom25

by skom25

I have just bought foldable (not TLR!) 700x34. Catalogue says that is should weigh around 315 g. Real weight is...

1. 228g
2. 240g

Surprising weight for such big tire. It measure little above 32mm on 22.5mm ID rim.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

skom25 wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:54 am
I have just bought foldable (not TLR!) 700x34. Catalogue says that is should weigh around 315 g. Real weight is...

1. 228g
2. 240g

Surprising weight for such big tire. It measure little above 32mm on 22.5mm ID rim.

Brands really have to start putting out WAM tables for their tires on their websites. Only a handful do so far.

alanyu

by alanyu

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:21 am

Brands really have to start putting out WAM tables for their tires on their websites. Only a handful do so far.
Hi tobin, something off topic, about the feeling of the slow tyre.
I'm definitely the one sensitve to rolling resistance, or at least the draggy feeling.

I replaced the porous front NEXT TLR with used GP5k STR on Saturday, but forgot to check the pressure of the rear NEXT. I forgot agian to check the pressure before starting the ride on Sunday. In the first 10 km, I felt the drag was larger than usual, but may be due to the headwind. However, in the next 15 km, I was convienced that the drag came from the backend, and stopped for a check. The front Conti was 75 psi, but the rear Vittoria was only 45 psi. I pumped it up to 70 psi, and yeah, the draggy feeling went away directly.

The RR difference would be 4.5 Watts max based on a parabola fit to BRR data and considering the speed and load difference, and maybe 50% larger on real world road. However, I can still feel it.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

alanyu wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:12 pm
TobinHatesYou wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:21 am

Hi tobin, something off topic, about the feeling of the slow tyre.
I'm definitely the one sensitve to rolling resistance, or at least the draggy feeling.

I replaced the porous front NEXT TLR with used GP5k STR on Saturday, but forgot to check the pressure of the rear NEXT. I forgot agian to check the pressure before starting the ride on Sunday. In the first 10 km, I felt the drag was larger than usual, but may be due to the headwind. However, in the next 15 km, I was convienced that the drag came from the backend, and stopped for a check. The front Conti was 75 psi, but the rear Vittoria was only 45 psi. I pumped it up to 70 psi, and yeah, the draggy feeling went away directly.

The RR difference would be 4.5 Watts max based on a parabola fit to BRR data and considering the speed and load difference, and maybe 50% larger on real world road. However, I can still feel it.

I have uphill sprinted on a 26mm tire at 45psi. It was not a good feeling. The tire will literally bounce with each downstroke and lose traction at such low speeds, but high torque.

warthog101

by warthog101

Got some 26mm next tlr on their way.
Have given up on gp5k str. Too expensive, I don't even look at conti tubeless anymore.
These test ok on BRR.
$77- AUD is far better than $130-

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

warthog101 wrote:
Fri Oct 21, 2022 4:38 am
Have given up on gp5k str. Too expensive, I don't even look at conti tubeless anymore.
These test ok on BRR.

Order your GP5K S TRs from Europe. Order enough to make the shipping worthwhile.

GP5K S TR have an MSRP of US$104 these days. Currently about half that on various EU e-commerce sites like BikeInn (US$54.)

warthog101

by warthog101

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:01 am
warthog101 wrote:
Fri Oct 21, 2022 4:38 am
These test ok on BRR.

Order your GP5K S TRs from Europe. Order enough to make the shipping worthwhile.

GP5K S TR have an MSRP of US$104 these days. Currently about half that on various EU e-commerce sites like BikeInn (US$54.)

Thanks, I'll have a look. :)

maxim809
Administrator

by maxim809

Given these are still new, very few people have ridden these in my area. The LBSes in my area got huge shipments of these recently, in various sizes. But they have yet to sell any to customers so the mechanics have not been able to comment on tubeless mounting ease or difficulty.

So anyway, I read this thread. Then read the Amazon reviews, and I just could not help but notice some of the peculiar Q&A and comments.
Question: How much does the 700x28 carcus expend at 110 psi?
5-Stars: SUPER and Lightweight: 120 psi max but I guess thats ok. I was hoping for 145 -160 psi so I could fill to 140 psi but I guess it's ok. They ride well. Cornering is all right. riding them for almost 2 months and no blow outs. Ha ha ha no tire in impervious to blow outs so like everyone else im waiting for that day.
5-Stars: Great Tire:Tires roll nicely, and in spite of the higher pressure (I’m running about 120psi), they seem to be pretty smooth.
jfc

bikeaddict314

by bikeaddict314

Here's my review:

Mounting:

Last month, I replaced my GP5000 STR after a deep cut that left me stranded. I couldn't find a GP5000 STR in a 700x30 so I bought the N.EXT tires in 700x30. The inner width of my wheelset is 21mm and it measures 29mm. I have ridden about 500 miles on these tires. It's mounted on Enve 45 Foundations wheelset and set up as tubeless (I used orange seal). It was slightly easier to get the tire on the rim than GP5000 STR but not much. I used an air compressor to mount the tires on the wheels and it was easy. I can't say if you can use a track pump to mount these but I believe it shouldn't be an issue. I had a lot of issues with the tire and sealant on my particular wheelset. I normally do one wrap of rim tape but these tires required 2 wraps. I never encountered any issues with 1 wrap of rim tape so it might be user error.

Comfort:

Comfort is pretty subjective and includes many variables such as rider weight, inner rim width, tire pressure, road condition, bike stiffness, etc. I believe that these tires are pretty comfortable on my setup but nothing mind-blowing. It's what I expected a nice tire would feel like. I inflated the front to 58ish and the rear to 60ish. I still believe GP5000 STR is one of the most comfortable tires I've ridden so I might be biased.

Grip:

The grip is fine. I won't say you can't race the tires but it's not my first choice. GP5000 STR still wins this category. There are times I wish the tire provided more grip. I can't comment on wet conditions.

Puncture Resistance:

Finally, my 2 cents on puncture resistance. I live in the city and the streets are littered with broken glass and other sharp debris. I notice that there was a very tiny scrape on the side wall after my first ride. The scrape was enough to expose the inner layer so I put a little dab of super glue and never had an issue. I believe Ride of Japan had issues with the sidewall of the tire. It does provide much more puncture resistance than the GP5000 STR and my P Zero Race TLR. The weakest point of this tire could be the sidewall.

Overall impression of the tires is good. Will I continue to purchase these tires? It depends on the price and sales available at the time. I still prefer P Zero Race TLR as my first choice, GP5000 STR, and then N.EXT. Speed-wise, It's slower than the GP5000 STR which I expected. It shouldn't deter you from purchasing these tires. I still beat my PB using these tires. If you plan on mounting these tires on an Enve rim make sure you wrap the wheel twice with tape.

CampagYOLO

by CampagYOLO

Mounted the 32mm tyres onto 25mm internal rims. A little tight but I got them on with my hands. Seated with a track pump although they needed some soapy water on the beads to help encourage them to seat.

C36

by C36

2200km from a tester (26mm TLR) on the rear.
(Not from me)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com