Corsa N.EXT TLR real life reviews?

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
TLN

by TLN

Is that correct that original Corsa 2.0 TLR (regular or control) will be a better choice, compared to N.EXT, if price is the same?
His: Orbea Orca OMX
Hers: Cannondale Synapse HM Disc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

TLN wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:24 pm
Is that correct that original Corsa 2.0 TLR (regular or control) will be a better choice, compared to N.EXT, if price is the same?
The Corsa and Corsa Control have wider tread, so might be better suited on rough surfaces. The cotton casing is, however, quite porous and will lose air quickly / cause sealant to dry out. The cotton Corsas have also had tread delamination issues in the past.

Personally I would choose the Corsa N.EXT over the Corsa, especially if initial reports on ride quality are true.

Hexsense

by Hexsense

My friend destroyed Corsa in a single trainer ride.
He use it on wheel-on trainer. And the rotating trainer wheel gets hot which make the glue fail and leave Corsa's tread separate from Cotton casing.

Could that happen on hot tarmac too?

C36

by C36

Hexsense wrote:My friend destroyed Corsa in a single trainer ride.
He use it on wheel-on trainer. And the rotating trainer wheel gets hot which make the glue fail and leave Corsa's tread separate from Cotton casing.

Could that happen on hot tarmac too?
No, tires deformation on those trainers is huge (usually to avoid tire to slip) so is the associated heat generated. On the road you have way less deformation, less heat generated and cooling from your moving speed.

Lakal

by Lakal

Lakal wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:47 am
My experience so far.
Bought a 26mm and 28mm and installed the tyres on a 19mm rim. The 28mm tyre was easy to install. No issues with air leaks. The 26mm tyre is a pain in the ***. The sidewalls are full of small holes and after 80mm of sealant it still leaks way too fast. Like 2-3 bars in a couple og hours.

The grip is very good though.
Update: I replaced the rim tape and sealant and the 26mm tyre does not leak that much anymore.
The grip is really good compared to gp5000. However it also feels slower. Maybe because it is a bit noisier than gp5000.

alanyu

by alanyu

My first 147 km ride on corsa NEXT tlr 26C. I'm not satisfied with them.

The grip is good, but the comfort is really BAD, worse than GP5K S TR and Pzero race TLR. They were all inflated to a similar pressure 75-80 psi. The comfort reminds me the butyl...

I'm not sure if they need more km to break in to be a tubeless comfort.

extrusionedwin

by extrusionedwin

are you using the same wheels?

alanyu

by alanyu

Update1:
3 days' commute after 147 km first ride and more disappointing.

day 1 lost 40 psi; day 2 lost 25~30 psi; day 3 lost 25~30 psi. Had to pump these tyres everyday so far. I put 45 ml Orange Endurance when I mounted the tire. Both 26c tires are leaking air fast, but I didn't observe any sealant leaking out.

May the air leak be better after a bit more days of use, but these tyres are so porous currently, even worse than some latex.

For comparison, GP5000 S TR and Pzero Race TLR lost 15~20 psi on day 1, and 5~10 psi on day 2 on the same wheel (w/o back holes) after the initial setup with Orange Endurance. I usually pump them once a week at weekend for long ride, and check each time before crit in summer.

Regarding the comfort, I need to reduce 5~10 psi compared to the tyres mentioned above, to achieve a similar comfort level, which means they are slower upon slow due to the less psi.

I regret that I purchased NEXT TLR so far, especially they are at a similar price as Pzero Race TLR from where I can order.

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

alanyu wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:57 am
Update1:

day 1 lost 40 psi; day 2 lost 25~30 psi; day 3 lost 25~30 psi. Had to pump these tyres everyday so far. I put 45 ml Orange Endurance when I mounted the tire. Both 26c tires are leaking air fast, but I didn't observe any sealant leaking out.

May the air leak be better after a bit more days of use, but these tyres are so porous currently, even worse than some latex.

For comparison, GP5000 S TR and Pzero Race TLR lost 15~20 psi on day 1, and 5~10 psi on day 2 on the same wheel (w/o back holes) after the initial setup with Orange Endurance. I usually pump them once a week at weekend for long ride, and check each time before crit in summer.

Regarding the comfort, I need to reduce 5~10 psi compared to the tyres mentioned above, to achieve a similar comfort level, which means they are slower upon slow due to the less psi.
Thanks for the review.

Could there be an issue with your wheels? Maybe some air escaping under the bead? I installed GP5000 TR yesterday and they lost just 5 psi overnight.

Shame about the comfort, as the high level of grip would make them a great winter option. Poor ride quality is a deal breaker for me. Life is too short for "hard" feeling tires.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

alanyu

by alanyu

Mr.Gib wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 4:19 pm
alanyu wrote:
Update1:

Thanks for the review.

Could there be an issue with your wheels? Maybe some air escaping under the bead? I installed GP5000 TR yesterday and they lost just 5 psi overnight.

Shame about the comfort, as the high level of grip would make them a great winter option. Poor ride quality is a deal breaker for me. Life is too short for "hard" feeling tires.
Wheels should be good. Losing 20~30 psi a week was pretty fair with Conti and Pirelli. It's possible that the air can escape under the bead, but NEXTs were a very tight fit, as I had to use levers and quite a bit of my muscle to mount them. :unbelievable:

CampagYOLO

by CampagYOLO

alanyu wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:01 pm
Mr.Gib wrote:
alanyu wrote:
Update1:

Thanks for the review.

Wheels should be good. Losing 20~30 psi a week was pretty fair with Conti and Pirelli. It's possible that the air can escape under the bead, but NEXTs were a very tight fit, as I had to use levers and quite a bit of my muscle to mount them. :unbelievable:
Losing 20-30 psi a week is a lot to me. Most of my tubeless set ups lose air at roughly the same rate as butyl tubes.

Could be an issue with the rim tape?

alanyu

by alanyu

CampagYOLO wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:27 pm
alanyu wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:01 pm
Mr.Gib wrote:
alanyu wrote:
Update1:

Thanks for the review.

Losing 20-30 psi a week is a lot to me. Most of my tubeless set ups lose air at roughly the same rate as butyl tubes.

Could be an issue with the rim tape?
Please read the post

alanyu

by alanyu

Update2:
day 4 and day 5. Heavy rain, didn't ride. Checked the pressure after 36 hrs.

Orange endurance is fixing the leak of the rear NEXT (~70 to ~60 psi in 36 hrs, acceptable). However, the front tyre had no almost no pressure now (~70 to ~15 psi in 36 hrs). The sidewall is 360° leaking. This is even worse than the first several batch of Pro One ADDIX TLE in 2020. Stupid QC. :noidea:

Emailed the seller (bike-components). Let's see what will happen in the next few days.

I don't recommend NEXT at all now.
Attachments
IMG_20221014_220131.jpg
IMG_20221014_220049.jpg

Lakal

by Lakal

My experience was exactly the same with a 26mm tyre. After a reinstall with fresh Silca sealant it became a lot better.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

StanleyM

by StanleyM

Loving my TUBED 28s. Latex. The tires seem to need some break-in time. My samples started out measuring tall and narrow compared to spec but came in line with a few decent rides on them. Ride great fwiw. Grip is v good (objectively datalogged).