Corsa N.EXT TLR real life reviews?

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
gorkypl

by gorkypl

robertbb wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:31 pm
I'd love to know what the 32mm tube type measure on a 19mm internal rim.
My educated guess based on checking various tyre-rim combination is that they will measure 32mm or a hair width less.

Fuji Cross 1.5 - Shimano 105 5800 | Cinelli Superstar Disc - Record 12s | Custom steel Karamba - Ekar 13s

CampagYOLO

by CampagYOLO

gorkypl wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:35 pm
robertbb wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:31 pm
I'd love to know what the 32mm tube type measure on a 19mm internal rim.
My educated guess based on checking various tyre-rim combination is that they will measure 32mm or a hair width less.
Agreed. If I had to guess, when the N.EXT was designed it was for a 19mm internal rim as they'd have been the most prevalent rim size around then.
Hence they should be true to size.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

robertbb

by robertbb

Excellent, thanks fellas! I intend to try these out in the next few weeks and will report back.

fizzaz

by fizzaz

BigBoyND wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 10:27 am
Looking at BRR, I don't get the point of the NEXT and Pro Control coexisting. Same or very close in nearly all specifications. Except NEXT has better sidewall protection and yet rolls marginally faster.
I commented the same thing on the BRR review. There is zero reason to get the Pro Control. I don't even see them riding much better either as the NEXT is a great riding tire. The tradeoffs in dependability are so far out it just makes the Controls a non-starter.

warthog101

by warthog101

gorkypl wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:13 pm
kofsw4 wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2023 1:42 pm
Very helpful, thanks. Actually looking at fitting them on the same wheels (hooked LB WR38s) but the 32c gravelkings I have on at the moment blow up to 35mm and so don't fit under my mudguards. I need something around 32-33mm WAM so maybe these tyres in a 32 would work?
Corsa NEXT 32mm mounted on hooked WR38s measure exactly 35mm. You want 30mm tyres for 32-33mm WAM on 25mm rim.

Thanks. I have some WR50s. Will grab some N.EXT in a 30mm size.
They are my go to tyre now. Simply not interested in paying >$100 for a disposable bicycle tyre.

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

fizzaz wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 3:09 pm
BigBoyND wrote:
Looking at BRR, I don't get the point of the NEXT and Pro Control coexisting. Same or very close in nearly all specifications. Except NEXT has better sidewall protection and yet rolls marginally faster.
I commented the same thing on the BRR review. There is zero reason to get the Pro Control. I don't even see them riding much better either as the NEXT is a great riding tire. The tradeoffs in dependability are so far out it just makes the Controls a non-starter.
The only downside of NEXT vs Pro Control is that there is no tan option 😅

Does it ride great though? I read one of the comments above as this tire being numb.

I spent a lifetime on GP4k and GP5k, not knowing anything else. Now I'm on the Power Cup and the suppleness is a revelation.

TidyDinosaur

by TidyDinosaur

FYI: my 28mm tires measure 30,5 mm on a 23mm ID hookless rim
Last edited by TidyDinosaur on Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

fizzaz

by fizzaz

BigBoyND wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 6:09 am
fizzaz wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 3:09 pm
BigBoyND wrote:
The only downside of NEXT vs Pro Control is that there is no tan option 😅

Does it ride great though? I read one of the comments above as this tire being numb.

I spent a lifetime on GP4k and GP5k, not knowing anything else. Now I'm on the Power Cup and the suppleness is a revelation.
Numb is fair, but in a good way. They are definitely a performance training tire in that regards.

kofsw4

by kofsw4

gorkypl wrote:
kofsw4 wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2023 1:42 pm
Very helpful, thanks. Actually looking at fitting them on the same wheels (hooked LB WR38s) but the 32c gravelkings I have on at the moment blow up to 35mm and so don't fit under my mudguards. I need something around 32-33mm WAM so maybe these tyres in a 32 would work?
Corsa NEXT 32mm mounted on hooked WR38s measure exactly 35mm. You want 30mm tyres for 32-33mm WAM on 25mm rim.

Thanks, yes I'll order some 30s Image

Sent from my CPH2305 using Tapatalk

SamA

by SamA

My 28mm N.Ext's fitted on Farsports Wheels with a 24mm ID (hooked) measure at 30.75mm
2023 Wilier Zero SLR (Red Velvet, of course)

Jklotz

by Jklotz

I'm trying a 32mm pair on my Domane with Bontrager Aeolus RSL 37, first ride this morning. I can say they feel a lot better than the Bontrager R3's that came on it. Mine went on with a little struggle, but not horrible and seem to have held air overnight. We'll see. One review said they need 75 miles or so to break in, so I'll reserve judgement until after that, but so far, so good.

APPROVED

by APPROVED

We've ridden them for the past 6 months and the feel of the tire in the corners in the dry is superb! Rolling resistance although on some tests is slower we didn't get that feeling. We rode them with PCW Peak wheels and now with PCW Wake Strada wheels. We tested 26 and 28mm width and the feeling is great on both. Here is the video of the bike we are ridding them now: https://youtu.be/uJD_sNCDnJM

I must say the last time we got cought in the rain the tire feels a bit more slippery than the Corsa. I ran my tires @6bar.

TidyDinosaur

by TidyDinosaur

Today I noticed the sidewalls of my tires are already cracking (about 2,5 months and 1.000km). Anyone else have this? The picture is the front tire, but they both have it. I only inflate to 55-60 PSI since I only weigh 63kg.

warthog101

by warthog101

Nup. 26c N.EXT on the front of my hooked tubeless. Running 70-75psi as I weigh mid to high 70s kg.
I wouldn't be too worried. Had it on GP4000S2 before. The belting provides the carcass strength and I don't see any evidence of them being broken, in that photo at least.
Put it on the back if you are worried.

maxim809
Administrator

by maxim809

After riding 2 sets of N.EXT, I've arrived at the conclusion that these are amazing training and winter tires but not great for speed. Unless it's wet. Then they're great again.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com