elite drive Vs winspace hypers

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
Petr

by Petr

I've been riding DRIVE, HYPER, and other Chinese wheels, so I'm getting better at spotting the differences between them. I love DRIVE wheels for their responsivity and stiffness. They are perfect for climbing and attacking. However, they don't maintain their speed as well on flats due to their lower inertia.
HYPERs, on the other hand, are faster, especially on flats and in rolling terrain. They maintain their momentum better. They also feel stiffer, so they are not too comfy on harsher roads. They feel slightly less responsive and have worse crosswind stability. I also wrote an in-depth comparison on my website if you are interested.
biwa wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:17 pm
Do these carbon spoked wheels ride any differently from steel spokes ones? I think most people seem to feel they're harsher when riding on not so perfect roads..
Yes. I've tested around 10 wheelsets (all with the same tires and tire pressure), and carbon-spoked ones are usually stiffer and less comfortable on harsh roads than steel-spoked wheels.
Petr Minařík
Founder of the Cyclists Hub and avid cyclist
https://www.youtube.com/@cyclistshub