33g Inner Tube - Ridenow TPU

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
RimClencher

by RimClencher

macwatt wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 11:38 pm
Anyone tried the ThinkRider TPU tubes? I've recently received and tried have / had a strange issue with the 85mm valve length which I require for my rear Rapide CLX.
I had a similar issue with a Cyclami TPU tube. In my case it was a very slow puncture from a very small hole. To find the hole I needed to carefully inflate the tube outside a tire to its limit (being very careful), then while inspecting it underwater, massage the tube to apply that little bit of extra pressure. I eventually noticed a small bubble of air stuck to the tube that very slowly increased in size, and there was the hole. I've also failed to find any hole with other TPU tubes so ymmv.
Last edited by RimClencher on Wed Jul 26, 2023 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RimClencher

by RimClencher

Double post

macwatt

by macwatt

RimClencher wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2023 1:22 am
macwatt wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 11:38 pm
Anyone tried the ThinkRider TPU tubes? I've recently received and tried have / had a strange issue with the 85mm valve length which I require for my rear Rapide CLX.
I had a similar issue with a Cyclami TPU tube. In my case it was a very slow puncture from a very small hole. To find the hole I needed to carefully inflate the tube outside a tire to its limit (being very careful), then while inspecting it underwater, massage the tube to apply that little bit of extra pressure. I eventually noticed a small bubble of air stuck to the tube that very slowly increased in size, and there was the hole. I've also failed to find any hole with other TPU tubes so ymmv.
Thanks I removed TPU again put as much psi as I dare and submerged in water 💧 this time I found the leak so certainly a lesson for the future.

openwheelracing

by openwheelracing

Ram these for couple months now. Very happy except my front end has more vibration compared to latex. I am thinking about switching front to latex and keep TPU in the back.

jayjay

by jayjay

Is it possible that these tubes loose a bit more air when going up and down mountains (+2000meters)?

openwheelracing

by openwheelracing

I spoke too soon. Two RideNow tubes deflated overnight on separate occasions . No idea what happened.

Keykey1985

by Keykey1985

openwheelracing wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2023 1:40 am
I spoke too soon. Two RideNow tubes deflated overnight on separate occasions . No idea what happened.
Have you checked the valve cores haven't come loose? This happened to me recently.

mattcooke
Resident Pro

by mattcooke

I live in the mountains and routinely will go higher than 2,000 meters and the tubes have not lost air at all.

Tifosiphil

by Tifosiphil

jayjay wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2023 9:38 am
Is it possible that these tubes loose a bit more air when going up and down mountains (+2000meters)?
If you're checking mid-ride then yes. Pressure in the tubes will always up as elevation increases or temperature

JayDee81

by JayDee81

Do you use the tpu tubes with the pressure recommended by the Sram/Silca pressure calculator? I've read that with the Revoloop tpu tube they recommend 3 psi less than with lightweight butyl tube.

BadBoyR

by BadBoyR

JayDee81 wrote:Do you use the tpu tubes with the pressure recommended by the Sram/Silca pressure calculator? I've read that with the Revoloop tpu tube they recommend 3 psi less than with lightweight butyl tube.
I’m running 2 psi less than latex, but still very crashy on my sl7 with turbo cottons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

conradhughes

by conradhughes

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005 ... f19cRFan0j they seem to have now released the latest version of these with the aluminum valves. Bought a couple to try out

jayjay

by jayjay

conradhughes wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:01 am
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005 ... f19cRFan0j they seem to have now released the latest version of these with the aluminum valves. Bought a couple to try out
Only for the 24g super light version. At least I couldn't find any other.

conradhughes

by conradhughes

I received these - mine mostly come in at 28g, but one at 30g IIRC. I ordered 3 and they sent 6!
Installed easily and not lost significant air in 72hrs. Time will tell on puncture resistance but needs a good year of use to really tell. 100g saving over a pair of latex tubes worth an experiment for me.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

auky

by auky

my 36g rear had a pinch flat on the GP5000 @ 80PSI. My guess is, i ran over some sharp cobblestone that may have caused the flat. Patch it and it's good to go.
IMG_7018.JPEG
IMG_7018.JPEG (29.88 KiB) Viewed 1997 times