33g Inner Tube - Ridenow TPU

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

Many kms with carbon rim brake - no problems.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BadBoyR

by BadBoyR

BikeEatSleepRepeat wrote:3 rides in on a pair of these and I'm impressed.

I've ridden latex exclusively the last 4-5 years and find these similar in some ways, but mostly better.

They seem faster to me, and post ride I feel fresher.

I expected them to be harsh, and while the ride feel is less muted than latex it is not harsh but nicely more "planted".

I noted only very slight air loss over the span of three rides, hardly enough to even bother topping off.

The constant latex leaking will not be missed.

Just ordered another pair, so I'm a convert.
Are you running the same psi as latex?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

markyboy

by markyboy

My 4 tubes turned up in about 8 days from china to uk which I thought was good.I fitted 2 and 1 had a hole in it so I stuck on a patch which came with them and all good now.
I Inflated both to 75psi and still holding that psi.i am still yet to ride them so we shall see if they hold up,I bought the 24g version🤞
Colnago arabesque campagnolo super record 12
Colnago c64
Cinelli zydeco grx di2

BikeEatSleepRepeat

by BikeEatSleepRepeat

BadBoyR wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:10 am
BikeEatSleepRepeat wrote:3 rides in on a pair of these and I'm impressed.

I've ridden latex exclusively the last 4-5 years and find these similar in some ways, but mostly better.

They seem faster to me, and post ride I feel fresher.

I expected them to be harsh, and while the ride feel is less muted than latex it is not harsh but nicely more "planted".

I noted only very slight air loss over the span of three rides, hardly enough to even bother topping off.

The constant latex leaking will not be missed.

Just ordered another pair, so I'm a convert.
Are you running the same psi as latex?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Essentially, yes.

I've varied it up/down a little to test and the TPU tubes do not seem to be as sensitive to small psi differences.

satanas

by satanas

BikeEatSleepRepeat wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:40 pm
...and the TPU tubes do not seem to be as sensitive to small psi differences.
That in itself is enough to justify their existence and use IMHO, plus less air loss compared with latex.

PFoxy

by PFoxy

2 ordered, one leaking... not amused. So went tubeless after all.

SamA

by SamA

Moved to TPU tubes in Oct (from Tubeless), just to see what they're like. So far, I'd say it's been a positive experience. They feel great (set up with Panaracer Agilest 25mm Clinchers & Farsport 35mm carbon spoked wheelset) & retain air quite well - I check them every couple of days & they've only lost a few psi.

A couple of things to keep in mind (apologies if this has been stated in a previous post).

* I couldn't inflate the Ridenow tube with my Silca Imperio hand pump. Thankfully my mates pump (screw-type chuck) got the job done. I initally put it down to a slightly bent valve core. However, another mate had the same issue (he carries the same hand pump as me). He reached out to Silca, where they advised a friction chuck isn't compatible with the TPU tubes. I would add it's specific to the Ridenow TPU tube, as I had zero issue inflating a "Magene Exar Ultralight TPU" tube with my Silca pump.

* We discovered this morning that the Ridenow Valve stem diameter (which supports Silca's reply to my mate) is slightly larger than a standard butyl tube's valve stem. We couldn't get the Ridenow valve stem through the valve hole in my mates Lightweight wheelset. Thankfully someone was carrying a butyl tube & we got him back on the road.

I'm curious to try a couple of the other branded TPU tubes that are sold on AE. There's a green TPU tube that has a more traditional valve stem (metal, rather then plastic).
Attachments
WhatsApp Image 2023-12-14 at 11.47.32.jpeg
2023 Wilier Zero SLR (Red Velvet, of course)

markyboy

by markyboy

Just installed the vittoria ultra light and the quality compared to the ridenow is so much better all thou they come in at 30g. I will use the ridenow as a spare in case of a puncture.
Colnago c64
Cinelli zydeco grx di2

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

markyboy wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:40 am
Just installed the vittoria ultra light and the quality compared to the ridenow is so much better all thou they come in at 30g. I will use the ridenow as a spare in case of a puncture.
RED VALVE STEM!!! WTF would posess Vitiria to do that? OTOH it will match all those bright red carbon wheels out there. :evil:
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Red valves where the heck is this?!?;

Basso Diamante rim Campagnolo EPS 12 Bora WTO 60's

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

markyboy

by markyboy

Mr.Gib wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:05 pm
markyboy wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:40 am
RED VALVE STEM!!! WTF would posess Vitiria to do that? OTOH it will match all those bright red carbon wheels out there. :evil:
Just wrap the stem in vinyl wrap black or electrical tape black won't even add a gram 👍
Colnago c64
Cinelli zydeco grx di2

Aeo

by Aeo

To whom it may concern
Got a pair of Cyclami MTB TPU tubes (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005932850326.html), 61 and 64 grams (advertised as 65 +-3 grams) to go on someone else's bike

They lost 1 bar (15 psi) of air in 6 days
Giant TCR Adv Pro Disc '17 · BH Lynx Race Evo '19 · Seraph GR029 '21 · Canyon Inflite AL '14

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

MrCurrieinahurry wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:49 pm
Red valves where the heck is this?!?;
Somebody somewhere actually made this decision. :noidea:
MrCurrieinahurry wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:49 pm
Just wrap the stem in vinyl wrap black or electrical tape black won't even add a gram 👍
Exactly my first thought, but I think instead I will paint the rest of the bike red to match. :idea:

inertianinja

by inertianinja

the red valves are passable on an all-black bike, but when one gets a puncture and I have to use a non-vittoria spare - mismatched tubes, ugh

EtoDemerzel

by EtoDemerzel

Really wish I liked tpu tubes but the ride quality...are there any differences between brands or all tpu's the same in this regard? I only use tpu as a spare for pack size now.

Compared to latex, tpu feel sketch especially cornering at speed. Can't deny the weight savings though.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com