NEW GP5000S TR

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
kervelo

by kervelo

joesch wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:48 am
Probably a good tyre for race days when the roads are good and free of debris, but definitely not for everyday training.
My experience is quite the opposite. Compared with the old GP4K and GP5K tyres the tubeless GP5K S TR is a better tyre for every day training rides. We have bad roads that are sometimes covered with splints of sharp gravel (left behind from the winter season), but I seem to get fewer cuts than before. During the spring season I use the GP5K AS TR tyres that are even more robust.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BikeTyson

by BikeTyson

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:54 pm
mikehhhhhhh wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:46 pm

Fwiw, stans recommends 59ml for road tyres.
Also I straight up just don't recommend Stan's of course.
Why "of course?"

Stan's is the only sealant I trust these days. Had horrible experiences with OrangeSeal. Couldn't get it to seal anything. Challenge sealant was ok. Stan's has been rock solid for me. I personally wouldn't choose any other sealant but I'm curious to hear why you're not a fan.

cleanneon98

by cleanneon98

Currently on a set of the "Transparent" 28mm and while I like the tire, the color has really degraded over less than 2,000 miles and I've pretty much given up on tanwalls as a whole since others are the wrong color, blow up too wide, or too narrow, or the wrong color etc. the fact that the Transparent GP5k is considerably slower testing than the black is kind of the nail in the coffin.

Before I order another pair of black 28mm GP5K S TR, are there any other similar tires worth considering? I'm waiting for BRR to test the new P Zero RS but somewhat inclined just to stick to the tried and true Continental

Mounting on a 31mm external / 23mm internal rim, current 28mm measure 31mm
TREK Madone Gen 7 SLR - 7.5kg
TREK Fuel EX Gen 5 - overbuilt and overweight

BBres

by BBres

I just got my Roval Alpinist wheelset and I'm choosing tires.

The dillema is between GP 5000 S TR 28 vs 30.

I also have the Rapide CLX II wheelset and I run them with 28 and it's perfect. The Alpinist wheelset will be used of course mainly in mountains and probably in worse (wet / windy) conditions. What do you suggest? I've never used the 30mm tires. The rim is 21mm internal and 27mm external width.

lukaszzsch

by lukaszzsch

Taking into consideration that 28 mm contis stretch to over 30 after some weeks of using.

Wysłane z iPad za pomocą Tapatalk

gloscherrybomb

by gloscherrybomb

BBres wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2024 2:17 pm

I also have the Rapide CLX II wheelset and I run them with 28 and it's perfect. The Alpinist wheelset will be used of course mainly in mountains and probably in worse (wet / windy) conditions. What do you suggest? I've never used the 30mm tires. The rim is 21mm internal and 27mm external width.
On my Lun Hypers with 21mm internal I run 28mm on the front and 30mm on the back.

kervelo

by kervelo

Continental has released a special "Tour de France" special edition of the GP 5000 S TR.

https://www.instagram.com/r2bike_offici ... W6KvkqUdw/

The tyre is already available in selected shops.

https://www.bike24.com/p2838074.html

Agent041

by Agent041

BBres wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2024 2:17 pm

I think if it will be used also in wet, definatelly go for the 30c. Wider, more grip, lower pressure, better cornering on descends,...

I use 30c on Farsport shallow wave wheels. And 28c on a bit deeper Farsport wheels. Shallow ones with 30c S TR are also are also for windy and wet rides. Even if deeper are also very good in windy conditions. I enjoy on wider tyres much more. And I am not slower on the 30c tyres. But I do mostly hilly rides. I have deeper wheels mostly because they look better on the bike :)

BBres

by BBres

I was a little conservative and ultimately I decided to install the 28c. I was worried the 30c will give too much of a light bulb effect.

So after having them installed overnight and pumped up to ca. 60-65 PSI the front tire is 29mm and the back 29,5mm. Probably they will stretch a little bit after the first ride.

Miller

by Miller

Just got a pair of 32mm GP5Ks TR for a new build. Now, I assume they're 32mm, the packaging has a check mark on the correct item in the list of sizes but the tyre itself, all black, has no sidewall size markings that I can find. Anyway, 310g for the tyre I weighed.

Is there a 'correct' way to align the tread sipe markings, like, does the flat edge go forwards or the pointy edge?

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Miller wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2024 9:14 am
Just got a pair of 32mm GP5Ks TR for a new build. Now, I assume they're 32mm, the packaging has a check mark on the correct item in the list of sizes but the tyre itself, all black, has no sidewall size markings that I can find. Anyway, 310g for the tyre I weighed.

Is there a 'correct' way to align the tread sipe markings, like, does the flat edge go forwards or the pointy edge?

Pointy forwards.
Attachments
IMG_6906.jpeg

Miller

by Miller

Thanks THY, I missed that, found it now.