Pirelli P Zero TLR tubeless

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

AsphaltAddict wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:40 pm
I just bought two P Zero Race TLR in 30C for a good price.
However I checked the side walls and two things are off:
  • the production date is in two circles (one for month, one for year) (see photographs attached) instead of month + year together in one rectangle as on Pirelli website: https://www.pirelli.com/tyres/car/dynam ... =3840&q=75
  • it says "Made in France" on the sidewall instead of "Made in Italy" (Pirelli says P Zero Race TLR are made in Italy)
Have I bought fake tires?
Or are they just old versions without the new Speedcore technology they introduced in 2023? (That would suck!)

You bought the old version made by Hutchinson. The "2" is not the month, but the week of production.

It looks like Pirelli started making the Speedcore versions of the tire at their Italy factory during week 10.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

AsphaltAddict

by AsphaltAddict

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 12:02 am
AsphaltAddict wrote:
  • the production date is in two circles (one for month, one for year) (see photographs attached) instead of month + year together in one rectangle as on Pirelli website: https://www.pirelli.com/tyres/car/dynam ... =3840&q=75
  • it says "Made in France" on the sidewall instead of "Made in Italy" (Pirelli says P Zero Race TLR are made in Italy)
Or are they just old versions without the new Speedcore technology they introduced in 2023? (That would suck!)

You bought the old version made by Hutchinson. The "2" is not the month, but the week of production.

It looks like Pirelli started making the Speedcore versions of the tire at their Italy factory during week 10.
Thanks for the information!
Damn, so I bought the old version without Speedcore, which is 24% slower (more rolling resistance) according to Pirelli!
Well, at least they were very cheap (35 € per tire), but next time I will buy the new model.

thirdsun

by thirdsun

AsphaltAddict wrote:
Just checked on my old non-SPEEDCore P Zero Race TLRs: Same date format in 2 circles. Although I couldn't find where they were made. However in any case Pirelli has moved production back to Italy only since the updated version of the tires.

So, to conclude: You have received the old version. Was this from a retailer? Were they advertised as the new Speedcore version? If so, I might return them.
  • Canyon Aeroad CF SLX 8 Di2
  • Cervelo Caledonia Rival eTap AXS
  • Vitus Venon Evo
  • Canyon Grail CF SL 8 Di2

AsphaltAddict

by AsphaltAddict

thirdsun wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 1:00 pm
AsphaltAddict wrote:
Just checked on my old non-SPEEDCore P Zero Race TLRs: Same date format in 2 circles. Although I couldn't find where they were made. However in any case Pirelli has moved production back to Italy only since the updated version of the tires.

So, to conclude: You have received the old version. Was this from a retailer? Were they advertised as the new Speedcore version? If so, I might return them.
Thanks for checking with your tires!
I bought them used, but like new (eBay private seller, he said they came with his new bike and he rode a short test ride with them only and decided for his GP 5000 S instead) and they are like new (the wear indicator is like new, very deep dimple still, the rubber seam is even still visible). I estimate they were ridden like 20-30 km the most.

I can live with non-Speedcore, I guess, I am not racing anyway and the quality should not be day and night difference between older model and new one.

So I will not return them, since I bought them on eBay for 65 EUR for the pair and they are like new. Here in Germany you pay 65 EUR for a new Pirelli P Zero Race TLR when you buy in the online shops – and that's just for one tire, I paid this amount for both, so a bargain.

thirdsun

by thirdsun

Yes, even the old version was quite good already. For that price you should be fine.
  • Vitus Venon Evo

AXA

by AXA

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 12:02 am
Don't know when they start the Italian production but I have 2 Pirelli Speedcore made in the 9th week.

AsphaltAddict

by AsphaltAddict

Those of you who ride the P Zero Race tubeless:
Which sealant did you find works best with them?

(I'm thinking about normal mild to hot temperatures, in winter I ride other tires anyway)

tiberiade

by tiberiade

I'm 2,400km in with the 4S version using Stan's and it's worked great. I lose very little pressure and it's filled several cuts already.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

AsphaltAddict wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:36 am
Those of you who ride the P Zero Race tubeless:
Which sealant did you find works best with them?

(I'm thinking about normal mild to hot temperatures, in winter I ride other tires anyway)

It’s 2024, I figured everyone would know the correct answer is always Orange Seal.

thirdsun

by thirdsun

I'm using Stan's but I don't see how that's relevant or specific to the Pirelli P Zero Race TLR. It's a discussion that applies to all tires and has been debated in other threads at length. A starting point: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=173840
  • Vitus Venon Evo

robertbb

by robertbb

The non-Italian made Pirelli's, in clincher at least, are good in the dry but deathtraps in the wet.

twoangstroms

by twoangstroms

Orange Seal on my race wheels. They do lose pressure after sitting in a bag for a week or two, but I could be better in moving them around in between races.

seamaster76

by seamaster76

Good afternoon gents, anyone tried the SL version of PZero Race?

Used last summer and swapped with PZero Race SpeedCore after 2500km as they become prone to puncture (always sealed with WAG) after every ride.

According to BRR they’re not the best choice looking at low rolling resistance , but I rate them to be damn fast.Image

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Perhaps a need P Zero Race SL?
Attachments
IMG_2601.jpeg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

fulton

by fulton

Those who use 26 and 28mm Pirelli p zero race TLR tires, what sealant did you use(at what psi)? did they work?