Pirelli P Zero TLR tubeless

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
CampagYOLO

by CampagYOLO

Woland wrote:
Sat Apr 08, 2023 8:01 am
DouglasDDX wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:24 pm
Review is up now on BRR with the new speedcore.
Not the fastest tire out there but really good puncture protection
The results look practically identical to the Conti Allseason, which is not bad at all. Good to have one more choice in the market.
I'd say there's significantly better puncture resistance on the Pirelli. When my Corsa N.EXT's wear out on the winter bike I'll give the Pirelli's a go.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RDY

by RDY

Rolling resistance slight disappointment given Pirelli's claims, but still good. Grip and puncture resistance absolutely excellent. The weight ... that's a really heavy 28mm race tire. The 32s might be approaching the 400g mark.

If you want puncture resistance and wet grip (all round grip) go Pirelli; if you don't ride in the wet, then get the Challenge Criterium.

Shame they don't do the tan walls above 30mm.

wickedstealthy

by wickedstealthy

RDY wrote:
Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:53 am
Rolling resistance slight disappointment given Pirelli's claims, but still good. Grip and puncture resistance absolutely excellent. The weight ... that's a really heavy 28mm race tire. The 32s might be approaching the 400g mark.

If you want puncture resistance and wet grip (all round grip) go Pirelli; if you don't ride in the wet, then get the Challenge Criterium.

Weight ? Sure as it has 3mm thread compared to 2.3 of most others in the same league. So that also contributes to rr. I would love to see tires tested when they are 50% worn or after say 1000km. I'm curious what they will do as soon as Pirelli presents the sl version basically around same thread thickness as the gp5000 tr s

RDY

by RDY

wickedstealthy wrote:
Sat Apr 08, 2023 4:16 pm
RDY wrote:
Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:53 am

Weight ? Sure as it has 3mm thread compared to 2.3 of most others in the same league. So that also contributes to rr. I would love to see tires tested when they are 50% worn or after say 1000km. I'm curious what they will do as soon as Pirelli presents the sl version basically around same thread thickness as the gp5000 tr s
Pirelli claim the tread is identical to the French-made ones, including thickness. Yet the tire is much heavier, and way over its listed (by Pirelli) weight. Something else is going on unless the sample BRR got is an aberration. If the others are similarly porky, they're going to make the 5000 AS look like a relatively light tire in the bigger sizes.

Schadenfreude

by Schadenfreude

I've been running Pirelli P Zero Race TLRs for a while now and have roughly 3500km on them. The rear is looking like it will need replacing soon - is this the sort of lifespan that others are getting on these tyres?

jekyll man

by jekyll man

Schadenfreude wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:58 am
I've been running Pirelli P Zero Race TLRs for a while now and have roughly 3500km on them. The rear is looking like it will need replacing soon - is this the sort of lifespan that others are getting on these tyres?
I got significantly more than that.
12 months and approximately 6000m whatever that is in km.
Front picked up a few punctures in the last few weeks, despite looking fine, and the rear was really squared off (got used as a commuter with panniers), but it's final ride was Flanders, and the carcass was beginning to poke through in a few places.
Replaced like for like
Official cafe stop tester

tomycs

by tomycs

Schadenfreude wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:58 am
About 7k km for me.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

6000 miles on a rear mounted race tire is impressive, to say the least.

Schadenfreude

by Schadenfreude

Thanks for the responses. I think I have a bit of life left in the rear tyre, but there's no way I'll be getting 6000miles (9650km) out of it. Not even sure I'll get 7k km out of it.

twoangstroms

by twoangstroms

Sigh. Just got my hands on a pair in 28, tubeless, and was going to put them on Zipp 303FC. But now I'm worried that that's not meeting the new guidance (though Zipp says, "I mean, should be ok"). Should I try to return them for a pair of 30?

warthog101

by warthog101

Schadenfreude wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:12 am
Thanks for the responses. I think I have a bit of life left in the rear tyre, but there's no way I'll be getting 6000miles (9650km) out of it. Not even sure I'll get 7k km out of it.
I must be a lard arse compared to many on here. I never get more than 4k km out of any road rear tyre.
I don't use touring or tyres designed primarily for mileage however.
I am about 77-78kg at the moment.

warthog101

by warthog101

twoangstroms wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2023 1:51 am
Sigh. Just got my hands on a pair in 28, tubeless, and was going to put them on Zipp 303FC. But now I'm worried that that's not meeting the new guidance (though Zipp says, "I mean, should be ok"). Should I try to return them for a pair of 30?
Seems to meet the compatibility chart here?

https://www.sram.com/en/zipp/campaigns/ ... patibility

twoangstroms

by twoangstroms

Thanks – I saw that, but as mentioned on the Escape Collective/Geek Warning podcast, the new ETRTO guidelines say at least 29 for that combination, and Zipp seems not to be acknowledging that. Maybe I'm just looking for something to worry about.

twoangstroms

by twoangstroms

(Though I am glad to support that gang of cycling journalists, they don't make it easy to see all the topics discussed on episodes, so sorry for not having a direct link.)

warthog101

by warthog101

twoangstroms wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2023 2:28 am
Thanks – I saw that, but as mentioned on the Escape Collective/Geek Warning podcast, the new ETRTO guidelines say at least 29 for that combination, and Zipp seems not to be acknowledging that. Maybe I'm just looking for something to worry about.
Is there a newer etrto standard than this?
https://www.veloflex.it/en/blog/post/ro ... s-coupling
I can't find it if there is.
28mm tyre is fine on a 25mm wide rim according to that.
I have run 28mm p-zero race TLR on my hookless WR50s (25mm int) with no probs.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com