Pirelli P Zero TLR tubeless

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
Requiem84

by Requiem84

I'm seeing these tires back in some online vendors in 28mm.

Does that mean the recall issue is fixed for tires that are now manufactured? Or am I just seeing lazy shops that don't pay attention to such recalls...

thirdsun

by thirdsun

Requiem84 wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:55 am
I'm seeing these tires back in some online vendors in 28mm.

Does that mean the recall issue is fixed for tires that are now manufactured? Or am I just seeing lazy shops that don't pay attention to such recalls...
I'd assume it's the new, fixed version. If I remember correctly Pirelli was planning to have a fixed version ready at around end of August. Are those reliable vendors?

Here in germany the 28-622 classic variant is still out of stock everywhere. Although Bike24 has the black version back in stock: https://www.bike24.de/p1388157.html - that's a pretty good indicator that the new version is indeed available now. Bike24 wouldn't sell the recalled version.
  • Canyon Aeroad CF SLX 8 Di2
  • Cervelo Caledonia Rival eTap AXS
  • Vitus Venon Evo
  • Canyon Grail CF SL 8 Di2

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Requiem84

by Requiem84

Seems like a logical conclusion :).

Time to order some 28mm's Pirelli's again then.

kervelo

by kervelo

thirdsun

by thirdsun

Apparently the recall just now extends to North America: https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/pirell ... an-market/

Did Pirelli think that the affected tires weren't distributed in North America or were they applying different standards? Such a delay between different regions seems strange to me.
  • Canyon Aeroad CF SLX 8 Di2
  • Cervelo Caledonia Rival eTap AXS
  • Vitus Venon Evo
  • Canyon Grail CF SL 8 Di2

Pottermouse

by Pottermouse

This is about when the bike store my new bike is coming from said they would have them back in stock, so sounds like reputable dealers will be pushing out the new ones.

1llum4

by 1llum4

thirdsun wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2023 7:09 am
Apparently the recall just now extends to North America: https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/pirell ... an-market/

Did Pirelli think that the affected tires weren't distributed in North America or were they applying different standards? Such a delay between different regions seems strange to me.
It's more a legal issue with the CPSC to make sure everything is in order before making the official annoucement. Recall like these are not done on a whim. Distributors in NA already knew of the issue well before hand and quarantined their stock to make sure no more would be sold until they received the revised version.

Requiem84

by Requiem84

I have the 28mm Pirelli's back on my bike and I'm SO happy again.

For me they are - by a margin - the best compromise between speed and comfort, with the added bonus that they are relatively puncture resistant for a tyre of this speed.

Was incredibly difficult to get the tire on the rim though. I know all the tricks and didn't have any issues with the Vittoria's Corsa Pro's or the GP5000's, but the Pirelli's seem to be a tad smaller somehow...

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

No issues with mounting them here. I used a lever out of convenience, but could have done it purely by hand too. Date codes are 3523 for all of my tires. On 23mm rims, they measure 28.7-29.0mm when freshly installed and inflated to 72psi. Weights: 314g, 314g, 315g, 315g.

AsphaltAddict

by AsphaltAddict

Does anyone know how to figure out whether a P Zero Race TLR is Speedcore or the old version?

I have a good offer, seller says they are from his new bike, however he does not know which version (if Speedcore or not). The Pirelli website also offers no clues: https://press.pirelli.com/pirelli-prese ... ike-range/

The new Speedcore version is said to be more comfortable yet faster, so I want to buy the outdated old version.

AXA

by AXA

AsphaltAddict wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:03 pm
Does anyone know how to figure out whether a P Zero Race TLR is Speedcore or the old version?

I have a good offer, seller says they are from his new bike, however he does not know which version (if Speedcore or not). The Pirelli website also offers no clues: https://press.pirelli.com/pirelli-prese ... ike-range/

The new Speedcore version is said to be more comfortable yet faster, so I want to buy the outdated old version.
Just check the Tire ID on the side and production date.

AsphaltAddict

by AsphaltAddict

AXA wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:30 pm
AsphaltAddict wrote:

Are the Tire ID and date printed on the tires? Because the package is not available, unfortunately (seller sells them from a new bike which he bought already completely built).
Nevertheless, I pulled the trigger and bought them, even if it's the older version, it shouldn't make me slower, I guess.

AXA

by AXA

AsphaltAddict wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 7:09 pm
AXA wrote:
AsphaltAddict wrote:

Are the Tire ID and date printed on the tires? Because the package is not available, unfortunately (seller sells them from a new bike which he bought already completely built).
Nevertheless, I pulled the trigger and bought them, even if it's the older version, it shouldn't make me slower, I guess.
Yes, both printed on the side of the tyre.
Btw the old version is still very good except for the weight.

AsphaltAddict

by AsphaltAddict

AXA wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 7:39 pm
AsphaltAddict wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 7:09 pm
AXA wrote:
AsphaltAddict wrote:

Yes, both printed on the side of the tyre.
Btw the old version is still very good except for the weight.
Wow didn't know that, thanks for the info!
Will try out the tires then when the season starts again next year and post my review then.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

AsphaltAddict

by AsphaltAddict

I just bought two P Zero Race TLR in 30C for a good price.
However I checked the side walls and two things are off:
  • the production date is in two circles (one for month, one for year) (see photographs attached) instead of month + year together in one rectangle as on Pirelli website: https://www.pirelli.com/tyres/car/dynam ... =3840&q=75
  • it says "Made in France" on the sidewall instead of "Made in Italy" (Pirelli says P Zero Race TLR are made in Italy)
Have I bought fake tires?
Or are they just old versions without the new Speedcore technology they introduced in 2023? (That would suck!)
Attachments
Pirelli P Zero Race TLR 30C_Produktionsdatum Reifen 2.JPG
Pirelli P Zero Race TLR 30C_Seriennummer Reifen 1.JPG