Veloflex enters the tubeless market

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
RyanH

by RyanH

They were pretty much spot on 28mm on 21mm internal hed Belgium rims.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

romanmoser

by romanmoser

same here with the evo non tubeless on my hed
very true to size with 19 and 21c internal width rims

if you have 17mm internal width consider moving up to the 28mm evo
as the 25mm evo or race will mesure 24 24.5 mm and may or may not be wide enough for your tastes

Etienne

by Etienne

My Corsa Evo TLR were just a tad over 28mm (circa 28.2-28.3mm) on my 21mm internal rims but after 2000 km, they are more like 28.7mm wide.

romanmoser

by romanmoser

wish veloflex were doing the race one in 28mm width
for those wider rims, hookless etc

instead of just the good but less fast corsa evo

dcj10

by dcj10

romanmoser wrote:
Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:38 pm
wish veloflex were doing the race one in 28mm width
for those wider rims, hookless etc

instead of just the good but less fast corsa evo
Me too, hopefully they'll get around to it
Main ride Aethos Expert 2021 https://weightweenies.starbike.com/for ... 0&t=169445
First reserve Pegoretti steel 2012 Ciavete paint viewtopic.php?f=10&t=168091

Nezz0r

by Nezz0r

Folks; thanks for the measurements - I was looking to use the tires on 18c internal rims. I wanted to replace current 25c Vittoria Corsa Control G2 (measured 27.5mm) tires for the summer and and the info was vital to order the right size (did not want to downsize, in recent years been rolling with measured 27.5ish and it has been comfortable).

Ordered 28c tires and testfitted them on old/spare rim (a whopping 13c internal) and they measured 28mm Testfit on 18c to be done (will post back here) - gut feeling says 28.4 or something similar. Casing measured flat was 74mm compared to the 70mm of the 25c Vittorias.

Nezz0r

by Nezz0r

Update, the 28mm Veloflex Corsa Evo measure 27.2 mm on my 18mm internal rims. The might grow a little bit but I don't expect a lot

alanyu

by alanyu

A quick question: the early vf tubeless was a nightmare to inflate. Have they improved it now or still the same as before?

JaeOne3345

by JaeOne3345

alanyu wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 6:37 pm
A quick question: the early vf tubeless was a nightmare to inflate. Have they improved it now or still the same as before?
I just set up pair of the 28 Corsa Evo TLR for a friend. I have access to a compressor and used it, but there was nothing out of the ordinary about mounting them or inflating them. After seating the bead with a compressor, I added sealant and inflated with a basic floor pump with no issue.

alanyu

by alanyu

JaeOne3345 wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 6:41 pm
alanyu wrote:
I just set up pair of the 28 Corsa Evo TLR for a friend. I have access to a compressor and used it, but there was nothing out of the ordinary about mounting them or inflating them. After seating the bead with a compressor, I added sealant and inflated with a basic floor pump with no issue.
My bad. I should have states more clearly.
Can they be inflated by a floor pump? Most of the tubeless I have dealt with can be set up by a floor pump easily, including P zero race TLR, GP5k TL, Pro one (old micro skin and new addix), Giant AC 0 and Kenda Valkyrie Pro.

IvanZg

by IvanZg

alanyu wrote:
JaeOne3345 wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 6:41 pm
alanyu wrote:
My bad. I should have states more clearly.
Can they be inflated by a floor pump? Most of the tubeless I have dealt with can be set up by a floor pump easily, including P zero race TLR, GP5k TL, Pro one (old micro skin and new addix), Giant AC 0 and Kenda Valkyrie Pro.
No way! With schwalbe airshot 8 barg will set it with valve core removed.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

bobones

by bobones

alanyu wrote:
They are one of the worst I have dealt with: I could only get them to inflate by partially seating the bead using a tube and then an airshot to finish them off. The fact that they sit flat and don't have a round shape until they're inflated contributes to the difficulty ime. They also weep sealant (and air) through the side walls so lose pressure relatively quickly.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

bobones wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 7:24 am
alanyu wrote:
They are one of the worst I have dealt with: I could only get them to inflate by partially seating the bead using a tube and then an airshot to finish them off. The fact that they sit flat and don't have a round shape until they're inflated contributes to the difficulty ime. They also weep sealant (and air) through the side walls so lose pressure relatively quickly.
And then on top of that the sidewalls are more fragile than what's offered by Vittoria and Challenge. I seriously don't get why anyone runs these tires. The Challenge Strada Pro are more supple IMO.

GorrGrimWolf

by GorrGrimWolf

Lots of mixed feelings here. I run the Veloflex Corsa RACE 25 with latex tubes, but what not very impressed by the fragility of latex tubes (I suck at changing inner tubes). Also for the roads around felt 28 will be better. Wanted tan walls and was impressed by the dry grip of Veloflex. Vittoria G2.0 felt more sluggish and dead.

Wheels are Bora WTO 60. Track pump wouldn't do it, needed to use an inner tube to seat one side as I have no access to airshot or strong compressor. After seating, few quick pushes from the track pump would do the trick. 30ml of Joes No Flat sealant was inserted after the tires got seated properly. It got flat relatively quickly two times in a row but held the air overnight easily only losing about 5 PSI.

The most stupid things is obviously using an inner tube to seat tires - kinda goes against the tubeless idea... Riding report following soon.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

polpy

by polpy

They look good, they ride good, but everything else is trash.