Veloflex enters the tubeless market

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
FlatlandClimber

by FlatlandClimber

The Veloflex Record are a curious case here.
I just had a chat with XAV from Aerocoach on them, and according to him, there have been several iterations during the past two years, of which only 2 were mega fast.
One is the "slick" (so no profile or shape at all) that is matte (not the shiny one) and one is a unreleased tire, that was as thin as sheet of paper. All the other ones were significantly slower.
I have had the first matte slick, and it was definitely faster than any other tire I've had.
I am not a fan of Corsa Speeds.
If the Veloflex TLR are shite, I'd just stick with the Michelin TT. The best TT tire I've ridden so far, in terms of durability, speed and feel.

For me, there is a difference between a tire being worn down after an emergency braking, or the tire completely wearing away, including the tube, with the bare carbon touching the ground within seconds of pulling the brake levers:

That's just downright dangerous.
Cervelo P5 Disc (2021) 9.1kg
Factor Ostro Gravel (2023) 8.0kg
S-Works SL8 (2023) 6.3kg

*weights are race ready, size 58/L.
Sold: Venge, S5 Disc, Roubaix Team, Open WI.DE, Émonda, Shiv TT, Crux, Aethos, SL7

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Emergency braking anecdotes mean nothing to me because I wasn’t there to witness how much skidding occurred. In emergency braking situations, if I skid my rear tire, I instinctively ease off the brake so the tire can actually hook up again, then ease back on. Skidding doesn’t stop you.

I can’t remember the last time I flat-spotted a tire…maybe as a child.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

FlatlandClimber

by FlatlandClimber

You are the man, inspiring story once again!
Cervelo P5 Disc (2021) 9.1kg
Factor Ostro Gravel (2023) 8.0kg
S-Works SL8 (2023) 6.3kg

*weights are race ready, size 58/L.
Sold: Venge, S5 Disc, Roubaix Team, Open WI.DE, Émonda, Shiv TT, Crux, Aethos, SL7

JaeOne3345

by JaeOne3345

lol

Aeo

by Aeo

Test of the 32mm Veloflex TLR tyres (French): https://www.matosvelo.fr/index.php?post ... r-en-32-mm
Giant TCR Adv Pro Disc '17 · BH Lynx Race Evo '19 · Seraph GR029 '21 · Canyon Inflite AL '14

caballero

by caballero

These veloflex corsa tor tires are absolute rubbish.
5 tires, all 28mm gum walls. Took forever to seat the beads, needed around 80ml of sealant in each tyre and needed to be pumped up over and over every 20minutes or so over the first 1-2 days. Sealant bubbling out of the sidewalls all round.
Now they are unable to hold pressure more than a few hours and are totally flat with sealant leaking out the beads.

In the mean time my Vittoria corsas, one pros and various panaracers all hold pressure for weeks.

Ride on the veloflex is supreme. But quality is pure garbage.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

caballero wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:29 am
These veloflex corsa tor tires are absolute rubbish.
5 tires, all 28mm gum walls. Took forever to seat the beads, needed around 80ml of sealant in each tyre and needed to be pumped up over and over every 20minutes or so over the first 1-2 days. Sealant bubbling out of the sidewalls all round.
Now they are unable to hold pressure more than a few hours and are totally flat with sealant leaking out the beads.

In the mean time my Vittoria corsas, one pros and various panaracers all hold pressure for weeks.

Ride on the veloflex is supreme. But quality is pure garbage.

While I don't like the tires either due to the sidewall threads getting cut very easily, I have to ask...

Are you sue you bought the TLR version instead of the regular clinchers?

caballero

by caballero

Sure they are. Just for proof - here's a pic in their currently deflated form. 😂

https://ibb.co/ZWMT6BZ
https://ibb.co/pxMhz6H

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

caballero wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:17 am
Sure they are. Just for proof - here's a pic in their currently deflated form. 😂

https://ibb.co/ZWMT6BZ
https://ibb.co/pxMhz6H

Well that's lame. What sealant are you using?

caballero

by caballero

As I'm in Japan, I'm using the panaracer sealant. I also experimented with Stan's, muc off no puncture and the stuff from silca. All to no avail.

I thought I was finally ok with the panaracer sealant but it's unfortunately not an improvement.

It's a shame as I really like veloflex tubulars and have used their tires for years. Feels bad to give them shade, but these tires are truly bad.

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Sorry if this has been siad already but what rims are these on?

Basso Diamante eps 12

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

MrCurrieinahurry wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:56 am

Basso Diamante eps 12

Looks like the current Dura-Ace C60s. caballero must be on Hollowgram cranks as well. :lol:

caballero

by caballero

No hollowgram cranks - dura ace 9200 by way of pf30a bb

I must say i prefer my columbus max team bike, with 9250 group, 9200 tubulars (and veloflex protours lol) over the current tech. not any slower than on the latest and greatest race bikes i have lol

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

caballero wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:12 pm
No hollowgram cranks - dura ace 9200 by way of pf30a bb

I must say i prefer my columbus max team bike, with 9250 group, 9200 tubulars (and veloflex protours lol) over the current tech. not any slower than on the latest and greatest race bikes i have lol

Oh, what are those silver metal rings on the floor? They look like a lot like the Hollowgram crank removal tool

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

TobinHatesYou wrote:
MrCurrieinahurry wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:56 am

Basso Diamante eps 12

Looks like the current Dura-Ace C60s. caballero must be on Hollowgram cranks as well. Image
I didn't see the c60 logo Image

Basso Diamante eps 12

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com