Veloflex enters the tubeless market

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
bobinski

by bobinski

One of my Veloflex corsa Evo's began to seep through the sidewalls, but only after being ridden for 1200km including a Raid Pyrenees. Very strange, as if the main trad was coming away from the tyre. Anyway, being replaced under warranty by Sigma sports. I like the ride feel so much i didnt want to change them for another tyre.

RDY

by RDY

RDY wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2023 9:02 pm
RDY wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2023 6:57 am
One data point. Mounted Corsa Evo TLR 32 tan walls on Nextie ARX 60/65 yesterday, with 50ml sealant and 15ml water. Zero sidewall weeping, only a bit of bubbling from under the bead initially. But after shaking it around a bit, then pumping up to 60psi again, fully sealed. More bubbling happened on the front than the rear (expected due to wider ID on rim). Also with PTN inserts and PTN valves.
Update:

On the second or third day (I forget which), they began weeping like a kid with a broken toy. After 7 days I added another 20ml sealant / 15ml water to each as they were losing air rapidly and most likely dry. Holding air well and most of the sidewall leakage is over now. But they're a mess from the leakage. They feel much quicker than the smaller size's measured RR would suggest. They also feel pretty supple; not as much as Enve SES (Tufo) or Vittorias and more so than S TRs**. No tread damage and no punctures at all despite a load of rocks, completely broken asphalt, rough chipseal, potholes and road debris on my first couple of rides. Bit sceptical of the sidewalls though given how porous they are - if you rail corners they could be vulnerable. But tread width on these is more than adequate - unlike Corsa Pros and Power Cups.

**I've been using the Silca pressure calculator, but I feel like it's suggesting values that might be too high for these particular tires. I might drop them a few PSI (currently at 56 front, 58 rear).
Gave up on them after about 300km and fitted a pair of Enve SES I had in my tire box. Had a few thorn punctures, which wasn't a problem in itself, as I think other tires would have been punctured too, but bizarrely sealant didn't leak out at all for any of them, but all the air did. On each occasion I refilled the air with CO2 and took the thorns out and the tire instantly leaked and sealed. Aberrations or strange facet of these tires I don't know. The big problem is that once the tire deflates air begins leaking from under the bead & continues to do so, and whilst you can finish the ride, usually once you get home you need to reseat and reseal properly. Which is a huge pain in the ass. When I took them off today there was loads of sealant dried under the rim hooks. Another issue is that they seem to shed bits of cotton and rubber which then aggregate in the sealant, these balls then find their way into the valve and block it. This happened several times.

Overall a big disappointment, some stuff was expected (sidewall leakage), other things were not (losing air and no sealant during punctures, bead seal issues, shedding detritus that blocked valves).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

branchingfactor

by branchingfactor

FlatlandClimber wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:59 am
Has anyone gathered real world experience with the Veloflex Record TLR?
They are around 30g heavier than the 25mm clincher version, and are only airtight with sealant inside (and apparently not compatible with most sealants).
I am wondering if they are an actual option for TT, or just as flimsy and frail as the clinchers (which were gone after one emergency braking at 45kph).
I ran Veloflex Record TLR 25mm on Swiss Side Hadron2 800s with Orange seal for two 10 mile TTs. They were easy to mount. The front tire sealed up with a hand pump only. For the rear tire, I had to use a co2 cartridge to get the bead to seal against the outside of the rim. Both measured 26mm. They remained inflated for the race. After a week or so they lost air pressure but the bead stayed on the edge of the rim so it is easy to pump them up again.

skinnybex

by skinnybex

I'm officially giving up on the VF Corsa race TLR 25mm. I bought 4 of these awhile back a in my last 6 rides I've had 2 front sidewall punctures that didn't come close to sealing and I ended up installing a tube. The sidewalls just aren't strong enough IMHO for general paved riding. The tread cap seems fine but I'm done with these which is a shame because they felt supple and rolled well.
23’ Cervelo Soloist / 6.88kg - 1x Crit Bike
22' Cervelo R5 / 6.35kg - Climbing Bike
22' Cervelo Caledonia 5 / 7.55kg - Travel Bike
21' Cervelo Aspero / 8.06kg - Gravel Travel Bike
23' Cervelo Aspero 5 / 8.25kg - Gravel Race Bike

CampagYOLO

by CampagYOLO

skinnybex wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 12:40 am
I'm officially giving up on the VF Corsa race TLR 25mm. I bought 4 of these awhile back a in my last 6 rides I've had 2 front sidewall punctures that didn't come close to sealing and I ended up installing a tube. The sidewalls just aren't strong enough IMHO for general paved riding. The tread cap seems fine but I'm done with these which is a shame because they felt supple and rolled well.
Agreed. My findings as well, they're just not tough enough for general riding. I'm currently using mine on my outdoor track bike which they are good for.

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

CampagYOLO wrote:
skinnybex wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 12:40 am
Agreed. My findings as well, they're just not tough enough for general riding. I'm currently using mine on my outdoor track bike which they are good for.
Polar opposite here. I’m commuting on them with no issues!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

timmerrr

by timmerrr

I would agree with Ultimobici here. I did 16,000 miles outdoors in the last 2 years on only 3 pairs of veloflex tires. 2 sets of 28mm corsa evo clinchers and 32mm corsa evo TLR. Not a single puncture in the midwest of the USA. the 32mm TLRs went up with a booster pump, sealed with 60ml or orange seal, and hold air as well as my other latex tubed setups. Usually top up sealant every 2 months.

What rim width are you using skinnybex? If its over 22mm internal then I could see having sidewall issues on a 25mm tire.
State Bicycle Co. Undefeated: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=171358

skinnybex

by skinnybex

timmerrr wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 5:55 pm
I would agree with Ultimobici here. I did 16,000 miles outdoors in the last 2 years on only 3 pairs of veloflex tires. 2 sets of 28mm corsa evo clinchers and 32mm corsa evo TLR. Not a single puncture in the midwest of the USA. the 32mm TLRs went up with a booster pump, sealed with 60ml or orange seal, and hold air as well as my other latex tubed setups. Usually top up sealant every 2 months.

What rim width are you using skinnybex? If its over 22mm internal then I could see having sidewall issues on a 25mm tire.
The Evo is not the same tire. I'm refering to the Race version which is 350 TPI compared to the Evo model which is 320 TPI. Although the difference in weight is 10-20 grams between the Race and Evo I've had better luck with the Evo. I'm using 21mm id and 28mm od rim. The tires also need cosiderably more sealant than even Vittoria or Turbo cotton tires to seal and prevent air loss. The tire does fell great and rools well but for the price I won't buy again.
23’ Cervelo Soloist / 6.88kg - 1x Crit Bike
22' Cervelo R5 / 6.35kg - Climbing Bike
22' Cervelo Caledonia 5 / 7.55kg - Travel Bike
21' Cervelo Aspero / 8.06kg - Gravel Travel Bike
23' Cervelo Aspero 5 / 8.25kg - Gravel Race Bike

Aeo

by Aeo

They are available for under 50€. Not a lot of tyres in this league at that price point
Giant TCR Adv Pro Disc '17 · BH Lynx Race Evo '19 · Seraph GR029 '21 · Canyon Inflite AL '14

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

Aeo wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 5:14 pm
They are available for under 50€. Not a lot of tyres in this league at that price point
Power Cup TLR is below 50€. Looking at BRR and the mounting/sealing info from this thread, they seem better in every aspect.

Xabi

by Xabi

Veloflex corsa evo 32 was a cinch to set up tubeless, a bit of seeping of tubeless liquid and a tight fit, tire seated with floor pump(reserve Fillmore high flow valves) no problem on my Dt Swiss erc wheel, 1 hour ride without pressure loss, will see how it goes overnight.

fogman

by fogman

Mine seem to be holding up okay. No punctures yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.

naylor343

by naylor343

Anyone got experience of the veloflex Corsa evo 32mm VS Vittoria corsa control 30mm?

How do they compare in size on the same rim?

Currently got the corsa control on my rear wheel on a 19mm rim, want to try the veloflex in 32mm but don't want to go too much wider.

Talrand

by Talrand

This might be peak WWism but did anyone check weight difference between tan- and blackwall? I'm assuming the tanwall might be lighter but it doesn't fit my bike visually :?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com