Winspace Hyper

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
tomsneo

by tomsneo

inertianinja wrote:
Fri Dec 23, 2022 11:51 pm
Has anyone tried the 2023 D33?

I'm looking for a low-profile wheelset. The new LightBicycle Falcon Pro series might be good but the wavy profile is not my cup of tea.
I have the R33 with ceramic bearings I just tried them for the first time yesterday. Extremely fast wheels!!! Great on climbs my only complaint is that the hubs aren't loud enough for my taste (coming from enve hubs) but the wheels didn't disappoint so far.
Masi 3VC SL
S-Works SL7
Supersix Evo HM Black INC

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MrStop

by MrStop

Nice picture. Looks looks like a fast urban assualt bike!

inertianinja

by inertianinja

tomsneo wrote:
Mon Jan 02, 2023 2:27 pm
inertianinja wrote:
Fri Dec 23, 2022 11:51 pm
Has anyone tried the 2023 D33?

I'm looking for a low-profile wheelset. The new LightBicycle Falcon Pro series might be good but the wavy profile is not my cup of tea.
I have the R33 with ceramic bearings I just tried them for the first time yesterday. Extremely fast wheels!!! Great on climbs my only complaint is that the hubs aren't loud enough for my taste (coming from enve hubs) but the wheels didn't disappoint so far.
Thanks for that - looks great.

eisenwo1f

by eisenwo1f

Hello! Any suggestions on what would be a good brake pads for Hypers? Currently a 70kg rider here.

C36

by C36

I haven't played with all my brake-pads to find the best one but the ones coming with the wheel are surprisingly good, quite better than Black Prince for example, much more bite power. exitng the winter I will likely try the other ones I have and see if I find something better.

loxhore

by loxhore

hey, I'm new here. I just took delivery of a set of Hyper R33s. At first I had some Hunt 36UDs and I wasn't too happy with them. They were fast but they didn't ride as well as my alloy Hunt road wheels. They felt heavy on climbs. I noticed the Hypers had the same rim, just a little shallower and wider, same spokes and lower advertised weight, so I decided to make a swap by selling the Hunts nearly new.

As delivered the Hypers weigh in at 550 (f) and 724 (r) = 1274g (with tape, without valves or skewers). That's disappointing. The biggest selling point for me was the claimed 1229g weight, 70g lower than the Hunts. I guess I should have realised that '+/- 25g per wheel' means they're actually going to be 50g over the lowest advertised weight. I mean, it's not as if Winspace is shipping sets of Hypers that weigh 1180g!

Also, a small thing - the skewers that come with them are just nasty. 57g just for the front one and plasticky OEM style. The ones that came with the Hunts were nicely made and 20g lighter per skewer.

So I'm not sure if I should install Winspace wheels and try them out or return them for being basically the same as the Hunts. They only look like a better deal because they have ceramic bearings.

anhk

by anhk

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?stor ... 60252&_rdr

new wheel MEGA from winspace.
It could be the Poor Man's Lightweight.

LRB23

by LRB23

anhk wrote:Image

If this is legitimate, this could be interesting. I’d love to see an affordable Lightweight wheel. I think they look epic on a dream build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fullgazz

by Fullgazz

Hi I've just gotten a pair of d67s
I was wondering what width tyres would be best matches for these rims. 28c or 30c?

C36

by C36

Fullgazz wrote:Hi I've just gotten a pair of d67s
I was wondering what width tyres would be best matches for these rims. 28c or 30c?
Best as in « best performance », 25mm tires that on a 21mm internal inflate to 27 (like Michelin Cup or some gp5k). If you want to experiment lower pressures you could experiment with a 28 at the rear where aéro matter less.

Tifosiphil

by Tifosiphil

loxhore wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:47 am
hey, I'm new here. I just took delivery of a set of Hyper R33s. At first I had some Hunt 36UDs and I wasn't too happy with them. They were fast but they didn't ride as well as my alloy Hunt road wheels. They felt heavy on climbs. I noticed the Hypers had the same rim, just a little shallower and wider, same spokes and lower advertised weight, so I decided to make a swap by selling the Hunts nearly new.

As delivered the Hypers weigh in at 550 (f) and 724 (r) = 1274g (with tape, without valves or skewers). That's disappointing. The biggest selling point for me was the claimed 1229g weight, 70g lower than the Hunts. I guess I should have realised that '+/- 25g per wheel' means they're actually going to be 50g over the lowest advertised weight. I mean, it's not as if Winspace is shipping sets of Hypers that weigh 1180g!

Also, a small thing - the skewers that come with them are just nasty. 57g just for the front one and plasticky OEM style. The ones that came with the Hunts were nicely made and 20g lighter per skewer.

So I'm not sure if I should install Winspace wheels and try them out or return them for being basically the same as the Hunts. They only look like a better deal because they have ceramic bearings.
Those weights probably exclude tape, you're looking at atleast 5g per wheel for single wrap or 10g per wheel if it's double wrapped. Carbon is also going to have slight variability and I don't think massively that a 3% variance from stated is bad at all (they're even under their claimed weight tolerances)

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

LRB23 wrote:
anhk wrote:Image

If this is legitimate, this could be interesting. I’d love to see an affordable Lightweight wheel. I think they look epic on a dream build.

Are there any details on dimensions?

Basso Diamante eps 12

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

garbageman

by garbageman

MrCurrieinahurry wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:31 am
LRB23 wrote:
anhk wrote: https://www.facebook.com/story.php?stor ... 60252&_rdr

Are there any details on dimensions?

Basso Diamante eps 12
Looks like the same rims as Hyper 2023. translation from the fb link:
Inner diameter: 21mm
・Outer diameter: 27.6 to 28.5 mm (differs depending on height)
・Model: MEGA R33 R45 R67 D33 D45 D67

Fullgazz

by Fullgazz

Anyone any tips on installing the gp5000str on this with tubes inside.
This is by far the hardest tyre install I've ever done.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Fullgazz wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:03 pm
Anyone any tips on installing the gp5000str on this with tubes inside.
This is by far the hardest tyre install I've ever done.
All the usual tubeless tips apply to installing with a tube. Push the bead into the center of the rim. Place the tire+wheel with the unmounted portion down by your feet, bend over the tire+wheel. From the top down, grab the casing of the tire with both your hands, pull out and push down. Shuffle your hands down to the next section of the tire+wheel, pull out and push down. Keep doing this until you get to the last bit of unmounted tire. Now take your thumbs/palms and press down+out on the unmounted portion of the tire. All the slack in the bead will have migrated to this section and it should slip over the rim easily.

Soapy water might help, as would leaving the tire on the dashboard of your car, but I have never had a problem with the GP5K S TRs and I have mounted 28s on both 23mm and 25mm internal rims with no issues.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com