Winspace Hyper

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
rlanger

by rlanger

PoorInRichfield wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 6:14 pm
rlanger wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 8:10 am
...because with the discount...
Did someone say, "discount"?!?! Who what where!??!?! :lol: I guess it doesn't matter too much as all the Winspace wheels on their web site that I've looked at are out of stock right now. :?
Chinacycling10 gets you 10% off, and with free shipping that's a smoking hot deal.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rlanger

by rlanger

130kms today with 1700+ meters of climbing and gotta say I'm just blown away by the wheels.

If you are looking for a rim brake carbon wheelset, I can't imagine you will find a lighter set at this price that brakes anywhere nearly as well as these do.

Maybe not the most aero. Who knows? But they feel incredibly fast. 26mm wide and my GP5000 CLs measure just over 25mm.

biwa

by biwa

rlanger wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:15 am
130kms today with 1700+ meters of climbing and gotta say I'm just blown away by the wheels.

If you are looking for a rim brake carbon wheelset, I can't imagine you will find a lighter set at this price that brakes anywhere nearly as well as these do.

Maybe not the most aero. Who knows? But they feel incredibly fast. 26mm wide and my GP5000 CLs measure just over 25mm.
How good are their hubs? I guess only time will tell but initial thoughts would be appreicated. And could you tell more about the brake tracks? They look quite different from other ones (e.g. LB and Farsports) and I wonder what makes them brake so well as you've mentioned? Are they textured?

What pressure are you running with GP5000s? Thanks!

rlanger

by rlanger

biwa wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:43 pm
rlanger wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:15 am

How good are their hubs? I guess only time will tell but initial thoughts would be appreicated. And could you tell more about the brake tracks? They look quite different from other ones (e.g. LB and Farsports) and I wonder what makes them brake so well as you've mentioned? Are they textured?

What pressure are you running with GP5000s? Thanks!
So far, the hubs are great. Just as smooth as my Fulcrum Racing Zero hubs, and those hubs are fantastic.

The brake track is not textured in any way, and I don't think it has anything to do with the pads either. They are just cheap, unbranded Chinese pads.

I'm running 75psi in the front and 78 in the rear. Using Continental Supersonic lightweight butyl tubes.

biwa

by biwa

rlanger wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:09 am

So far, the hubs are great. Just as smooth as my Fulcrum Racing Zero hubs, and those hubs are fantastic.

The brake track is not textured in any way, and I don't think it has anything to do with the pads either. They are just cheap, unbranded Chinese pads.

I'm running 75psi in the front and 78 in the rear. Using Continental Supersonic lightweight butyl tubes.
Got it, thanks a lot. Too bad the rim brake versions are sold out now.

CannonMan

by CannonMan

I got a set of the 50s in rim brake. After 2 rides so far so good. They are very stiff, roll smooth and paired with a tubeless Schwalbe Pro One they are good to go. Did not experience any brake rub putting out 1000+ watts on uphill sprints. Really like them. Hopefully they will hold up over time, but so far very impressed.
8FB4F5C1-BD4C-44A9-A0F8-0EA8012EE096.jpeg

rlanger

by rlanger

CannonMan wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:38 pm
I got a set of the 50s in rim brake. After 2 rides so far so good. They are very stiff, roll smooth and paired with a tubeless Schwalbe Pro One they are good to go. Did not experience any brake rub putting out 1000+ watts on uphill sprints. Really like them. Hopefully they will hold up over time, but so far very impressed.

Wow, bike looks fantastic! :beerchug: How was it mounting the Schwalbes?

CannonMan

by CannonMan

rlanger wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:08 pm
CannonMan wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:38 pm

Thanks. Yours too. The Schwalbes were easy to install. Wheels held air overnight without sealant. I got to say though that I like the GP5000 TLs better, even though they are harder to mount and heavier.

rlanger

by rlanger

CannonMan wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:15 am
rlanger wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:08 pm
Thanks. Yours too. The Schwalbes were easy to install. Wheels held air overnight without sealant. I got to say though that I like the GP5000 TLs better, even though they are harder to mount and heavier.
Just ordered the GP5000s since I've got 3 flats in the last 3 months with the non-TL versions. Love the tire, it just doesn't seem to be nearly as durable as the 4000 or maybe I've just been unlucky.

Anyway, here's hoping I don't have any issues. Still loving the wheels.

one60

by one60

would appreciate more input/feedback on the (rim) braking performance of these wheels. Also interested whether changing to a swiss stop or Campagnolo red pad offered any improvement in braking.

rlanger

by rlanger

one60 wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:20 am
would appreciate more input/feedback on the (rim) braking performance of these wheels. Also interested whether changing to a swiss stop or Campagnolo red pad offered any improvement in braking.
As I've stated previously, rim brake performance is outstanding. Not sure what additional feedback you're looking for? Anything specific you want to know?

I'm still using the original pads after about 2500 kms or so, so I'm not exactly sure what advantage some name brand pads would provide. But, given the current pads are just generic, I don't plan on replacing them with anything pricey. I'll first just try some cheap generic replacements first.

And, not that I needed his feedback after having ridden them, but it appears that Hambini gives them the thumbs up too. Fastest 50mm wheels he's measured:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yzgyb-eg4PQ

jencvo

by jencvo

Following and bumping this :D

AndreLM

by AndreLM

This is going to be fun(ny)

Enviado de meu SM-G950F usando o Tapatalk

one60

by one60

rlanger wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:36 pm
one60 wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:20 am

I'm still using the original pads after about 2500 kms or so, so I'm not exactly sure what advantage some name brand pads would provide. But, given the current pads are just generic, I don't plan on replacing them with anything pricey. I'll first just try some cheap generic replacements first.

Thanks for the feedback and the link to Hambini's review. His comments regarding their aero qualities was helpful. Hopefully his commentary won't distract from the intent of this thread...to share insight about a new wheelset.

mag

by mag

I think he uses 23 mm tires in his tests and performance evaluation. Given that the rim is 26 mm wide (with 19 mm inner width) most 25 mm tires would expand to somewhere between 26 - 27 mm and will be therefore wider than the rim which will result in worse results. I wish there would be more rims in the 27 - 27.5 mm width range.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com