Roval 2020/2021 Road Wheelsets

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
macwatt

by macwatt

K4m1k4z3 wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 8:40 am
To those who have purchased 1st gen Rapide CLX: Could you please share the included tension charts that come with the wheelset? I'm especially interested in the 24H rear wheel. Thanks!
Hi attached as requested front and rear
94F2CC2E-5031-49E4-AD5E-B5155A1EBB2F.jpeg
CEE4F697-CB84-4F0F-ACB1-01751CA58C84.jpeg

tommyboyo

by tommyboyo

Does anyone else have spokes that sound like a rusty bed spring on their Alpinist wheels?

Just trying to figure out if I have a problem or not.

It's a terrible sound and the greasing the spokes cross point does not even quieten them.

I find it embarrasing to ride the bike sometimes.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sheldonsmith

by sheldonsmith

Try a small piece of electrical or duct tape, although general purpose Park grease has worked for me...

macwatt

by macwatt

Hi wondering what tyre sizes are now being used after having used the Roval Rapide's for several months initially there were a mixture of people running 25/26's front and rear, 25/26's front 28 rear or 28 front and rear. Curious if anyone has changed tyre sizes due to looking for more aero benefits or comfort and what is now your considered best choice I have been running Turbo Cottons 26 F and 28 rear which is measuring around 28mm F and 30mm at the rear. Tyres are nearing the end of life so undecided if I'll replace with the same tyres / sizes.

Thanks in advance

Stueys

by Stueys

I'm running GP5KS in 28 front and back. The front measures as 30 wide, so far happy

mtwinste

by mtwinste

tommyboyo wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:30 pm
Does anyone else have spokes that sound like a rusty bed spring on their Alpinist wheels?

It's a terrible sound and the greasing the spokes cross point does not even quieten them.

I agree and putting electrical tape between spokes on a $2500 wheelset just so I can ride them is BS and that's the only thing that worked. Grease works for 30min. I hate it and same thing happens on my CLX50. Good reason to ride FarSports wheels spokes don't cross on DT Swiss hubs and 50 grams lighter plus tubeless

macwatt

by macwatt

Stueys wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:38 pm
I'm running GP5KS in 28 front and back. The front measures as 30 wide, so far happy
Thanks

My Michelin Power Cup clinchers have finally arrived easiest tyres I have ever installed front 25mm weighs 222g @80 psi measures 28mm, rear 28mm weighs 241g @80 psi measures 30mm they both have RideNow TPU tubes installed.

Indyx

by Indyx

mtwinste wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 4:54 pm
tommyboyo wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:30 pm

I agree and putting electrical tape between spokes on a $2500 wheelset just so I can ride them is BS and that's the only thing that worked. Grease works for 30min. I hate it and same thing happens on my CLX50. Good reason to ride FarSports wheels spokes don't cross on DT Swiss hubs and 50 grams lighter plus tubeless
Interesting. I had 3 sets of farsports wheels. For many reasons (Under tensioned wheels pinging 2x, rim exploded running tubeless, hub exploded) I decided to switch to a well known brand. Just picked up barely used sets of Alpinist and CLX Is. Plan to run them tubeless (Yes I know they are not technically tubeless due to Sagan drama(. Very light, wide and dt swiss internal hubs, with great hub geometry. After lots of research Gen I Roval Rapides / Alpinist appear to be very soli.

tyro13

by tyro13

Does anyone know the dimensions or what type of bearing for the front wheel roval rapide clx ? Thanks :D

tyro13

by tyro13

tyro13 wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:22 am
Does anyone know the dimensions or what type of bearing for the front wheel roval rapide clx ? Thanks :D
Nobody?

1llum4

by 1llum4

DT Swiss sinc ceramic bearing 6802 15x24x5mm
S220600002
HSBXXX00N2521S

https://support.specialized.com/wheels/ ... ment-parts

ODC

by ODC

Does someone knows if the hubs off the Rapide CLX II and Alpinist CLX II are the same in dimensions?
I ask this because i wanna buy both wheel sets but I don’t want to do adjustments before every ride if i change wheel set (brake rub or micro adjustments rear derailleur).

1llum4

by 1llum4

Disc placement and Cassette placement is dictated by standard from shimano so regardless of hub model they should be at the same distance in theory. Manufacturing tolerance mean that is not often the case even for the same model of hub. You will proabably need thin centerlock disc & cassette spacer to make sure both wheels are the same.

Indyx

by Indyx

ODC wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:49 pm
Does someone knows if the hubs off the Rapide CLX II and Alpinist CLX II are the same in dimensions?
I ask this because i wanna buy both wheel sets but I don’t want to do adjustments before every ride if i change wheel set (brake rub or micro adjustments rear derailleur).
On Gen 1 they are the same. Same reason I bought both to swap wheels without adjusting discs. Working well so far.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ODC

by ODC

Indyx wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:27 pm
ODC wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:49 pm
On Gen 1 they are the same. Same reason I bought both to swap wheels without adjusting discs. Working well so far.
Thanks for your answer. Then hopefully on GEN 2 they are also the same.