FARSPORTS DISC CARBON WHEELSET Test & Review

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
BalticSea

by BalticSea

toxin wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2024 2:53 pm
Not sure if this deserves its own thread but we have the first example of dt swiss carbon spoke hubs https://www.superteamwheels.com/product ... D%E5%88%B6
Damn, they look nice

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

toxin

by toxin

Can any farsports carbon spoke owner measure how thick the spokes are?

Agent041

by Agent041

toxin wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2024 12:31 am
If I remember correctly, they are 3,8mm. Also as I remember, Joe from Panda Podium once said (regarding the inperfection of CRW spokes) that width of the spoke should not affect construction stability and therefore I assume also not stiffness. Is probably only small margin for aero and cosmetic detail if the spokes are even wider.

Sorry @eins4eins for my another daily post on this thread :D

nino10

by nino10

toxin wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2024 12:31 am
How wide or how thick?

Wideness:
"On the subject of carbon spokes:
- the new Newmen use 5.2 mm wide spokes (similar to Cadex on their 50 Ultra)
- the Farsports EVO 2024 use 5.0 mmm wide spokes
- the Wheelsfar (RD 270) (from Farsports) use 3.8 mm wide spokes
(Off. info from Newmen and Farsports/Wheelsfar representatives)"

Newmen Vonoa 2024 thread:
viewtopic.php?f=132&t=175514&start=30

Agent041

by Agent041

Scarpa wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2024 12:27 pm
Does someone has more Infos about their RD270 Hub, all i know from now they are using the DT star ratched system right ? If yes what parts are neccessary to convert it with the original DT stuff? I would need more tecnical infos. If someone can help it would be great not just for me :-) Also a link for the parts or all more Infos are great to see.
I hope this provides needed data:
Farsport RD270 hub.jpeg

Ensi

by Ensi

Scarpa wrote:
Does someone has more Infos about their RD270 Hub, all i know from now they are using the DT star ratched system right ? If yes what parts are neccessary to convert it with the original DT stuff? I would need more tecnical infos. If someone can help it would be great not just for me :-) Also a link for the parts or all more Infos are great to see.
DT-Swiss original Ratchet 36t with springs:
HWDXXX00N2884S

Fits in my >6 Wheelsets I had so far perfectly.

toxin

by toxin

I'm asking for thickness not width.

bmrk

by bmrk

toxin wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2024 12:15 pm
I'm asking for thickness not width.
search. viewtopic.php?p=1826606#p1826606

toxin

by toxin

fair enough, since I've never seen it mentioned I just assumed it wasn't out there

Scarpa

by Scarpa

Thanks this helps :-)
Ensi wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2024 10:06 am
Scarpa wrote:
DT-Swiss original Ratchet 36t with springs:
HWDXXX00N2884S

Fits in my >6 Wheelsets I had so far perfectly.

tyoac

by tyoac

tyoac wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 7:40 pm
My 50mm RD270 24/30 were pretty much DOA. Just got about 250km on them and them freehub is slipping through basically now at a point where it's completely unrideable.
Anybody else experienced something similar and would know what's up? Do I have to exchange the freehub for another one or is it something more. In any case this sucks so bad, this bike build already feels like a never-ending story.
I reached out to Emma via Whatsapp directly as well, let's see..
For anybody who might experience the same thing:
The original DT Swiss springs alone didn't help, I then got the 18t DT Swiss ratchets locally as in interim solution without spending too much money and not knowing what was up exactly but long story short: this helped the slipping, the bike is finally rideable again!

So the 54t ratchets that originally came with my wheels and I payed the upgrade for must've been faulty right from the beginning and broke completely after 250km. Working out a solution now with Farsports but it looks very promising so far and Emma has always been super responsive via Whatsapp so customer service is definitely up for par in that case. I'm sure we'll have found a solution once they are back from dragon boat festivities mid next week.

I guess such things can happen and I was just unlucky in that case, other than that the wheels are highly recommended!

EINSTEININHO

by EINSTEININHO

tyoac wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2024 8:45 am
tyoac wrote:
My 50mm RD270 24/30 were pretty much DOA. Just got about 250km on them and them freehub is slipping through basically now at a point where it's completely unrideable.
Anybody else experienced something similar and would know what's up? Do I have to exchange the freehub for another one or is it something more. In any case this sucks so bad, this bike build already feels like a never-ending story.
The original DT Swiss springs alone didn't help, I then got the 18t DT Swiss ratchets locally as in interim solution without spending too much money and not knowing what was up exactly but long story short: this helped the slipping, the bike is finally rideable again!

So the 54t ratchets that originally came with my wheels and I payed the upgrade for must've been faulty right from the beginning and broke completely after 250km. Working out a solution now with Farsports but it looks very promising so far and Emma has always been super responsive via Whatsapp so customer service is definitely up for par in that case. I'm sure we'll have found a solution once they are back from dragon boat festivities mid next week.

I guess such things can happen and I was just unlucky in that case, other than that the wheels are highly recommended!
It would be good to know if @Maddie who solved the issue with a spring replacement also had a 54t ratchet. Maybe this ratchet seleeping issue only come with 54.

bmrk

by bmrk

EINSTEININHO wrote:
tyoac wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2024 8:45 am
tyoac wrote:

It would be good to know if @Maddie who solved the issue with a spring replacement also had a 54t ratchet. Maybe this ratchet seleeping issue only come with 54.
It seems this problem is being overcomplicated.
A ratchet slipping is either too much/too thick grease or spring tension too low.

To increase tension you just need to stretch each spring a very small amount by pulling.

It makes no sense this ideas of replacing for Dt springs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

justuswander24

by justuswander24

Looking into the FSD35CM-28T-HL Carbon spoke wheelset with RD270 Hubs. Does anyone have the weight for the FW and RW - could only find pics for the total wheelset which is around 1100g. Thanks

EINSTEININHO

by EINSTEININHO

I just saw they added the 70% UD matte finish again for their RD270 wheelsets. Does anyone have any pics of this particular finish, i think it could be a good alternative from the greyish UD matte

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com