FARSPORTS DISC CARBON WHEELSET Test & Review

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
Vespasianus

by Vespasianus

My less than one year old Farsport wheels cracked. Not sure what happened but still holds air (tubeless). I have four sets of carbon rims on mountain bikes and road bikes (over 15 years) and these are the first to crack.
Attachments
IMG_1643.jpg
Cinelli Superstar - Campagnolo H11
Tommasini Custom X-Fire gravel - EKAR

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

polpy

by polpy

Vespasianus wrote:My less than one year old Farsport wheels cracked. Not sure what happened but still holds air (tubeless). I have four sets of carbon rims on mountain bikes and road bikes (over 15 years) and these are the first to crack.
Looks like you hit a pothole?

Vespasianus

by Vespasianus

polpy wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 11:13 am
Vespasianus wrote:My less than one year old Farsport wheels cracked. Not sure what happened but still holds air (tubeless). I have four sets of carbon rims on mountain bikes and road bikes (over 15 years) and these are the first to crack.
Looks like you hit a pothole?
I would have said that as well if it was not my bike but I can't remember ever doing it and the tire is perfect and still holds tubeless fine. Not sure when it happened or how long I had been riding with it in that condition. Just noticed it when cleaning the bike.

Rearviewmirror7

by Rearviewmirror7

Just received my Farsports Feder 25mm wheels (the lightest build they have https://www.wheelsfar.com/ultralight-fe ... p0102.html) today. Slightly heavier than the stated weight of 1010g (apparently the brass spokes add 30g, and my total wheelset came out to 1060.9g).

Looking forward to taking them out tomorrow! Need to add in a couple of disc brake shims so I can easily switch between wheelsets but so far they look great and setting them up tubeless w/ GP5000 tubeless was a breeze.

PUNlSHER

by PUNlSHER

Vespasianus wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 11:10 am
My less than one year old Farsport wheels cracked. Not sure what happened but still holds air (tubeless). I have four sets of carbon rims on mountain bikes and road bikes (over 15 years) and these are the first to crack.
Apparently, due to the low pressure in the tire, you got the rim to the surface.. What about the rim on the other side?
S6 EVO3 - 6380g CAAD13 - 6626g TOPSTONE Al - 8195g

Vespasianus

by Vespasianus

PUNlSHER wrote:
Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:03 am
Vespasianus wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 11:10 am
Apparently, due to the low pressure in the tire, you got the rim to the surface.. What about the rim on the other side?
Perfect. I think it got hit by a rock. The lip edge is fine, which is why it holds air fine. Going to just sand it down and put down some carbon stips and epoxy and sand back down.

Uselessman001

by Uselessman001

Hi weenies.

I want to replace the spokes of the FEDER wheel because they are broken, but I don't know how to remove the NDS spokes from the rear wheel of the RD230 hub.
The hub shaft interferes with the spokes and the shaft does not come off.

I need the maintenance manual for the RD230 hub, can you tell me where I can find it?Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
- Factor OSTRO VAM
- Cinelli STRATOFASTER

robbosmans

by robbosmans

The does come out, just hit it it out.

stan1000

by stan1000

Rearviewmirror7 wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:25 pm
Just received my Farsports Feder 25mm wheels (the lightest build they have https://www.wheelsfar.com/ultralight-fe ... p0102.html) today. Slightly heavier than the stated weight of 1010g (apparently the brass spokes add 30g, and my total wheelset came out to 1060.9g).

Looking forward to taking them out tomorrow! Need to add in a couple of disc brake shims so I can easily switch between wheelsets but so far they look great and setting them up tubeless w/ GP5000 tubeless was a breeze.
I've just taken delivery of the hooked 30mm and the hooked 45mm rd230 sets.

The 30mm set was 10 grams over the stated weight (so 1100 grams actual), and the 45mm set 2 grams over (1212 grams), I just need to shim one of the wheels before riding too, and I've set-up with TPU tubes and GP5000. (the 30mm set is for my other half 8) both sets are not mine :lol: ).

bmrk

by bmrk

stan1000 wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:42 pm
Rearviewmirror7 wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:25 pm

I've just taken delivery of the hooked 30mm and the hooked 45mm rd230 sets.

The 30mm set was 10 grams over the stated weight (so 1100 grams actual), and the 45mm set 2 grams over (1212 grams), I just need to shim one of the wheels before riding too, and I've set-up with TPU tubes and GP5000. (the 30mm set is for my other half 8) both sets are not mine :lol: ).
Those came with the improved endcaps covering the hub bearings? Could you post some pictures?

kgcx

by kgcx

Has anyone had issues with 12 speed shimano cassettes on the rd230 hub? I am swapping over to 12 speed and I've had two seperate 12 speed cassettes wobble on this freehub. My 11 speed cassettes are fine and the 12 speed cassettes are also fine on my other dt swiss wheelset. Wondering if it is just a defective hub or if other people are having this issue.

milanv

by milanv

kgcx wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:59 pm
Has anyone had issues with 12 speed shimano cassettes on the rd230 hub? I am swapping over to 12 speed and I've had two seperate 12 speed cassettes wobble on this freehub. My 11 speed cassettes are fine and the 12 speed cassettes are also fine on my other dt swiss wheelset. Wondering if it is just a defective hub or if other people are having this issue.
Look into new Dura-Ace thread, it is full of same experiences across all hubs and combinations.

The solution is take-out glued ring behind the biggest cog.
https://bettershifting.com/12-speed-dan ... cillation/
Last edited by milanv on Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

milanv

by milanv

kgcx

by kgcx

Already did that trick, still has the same issue. Got a response from Emma at farsports last night, she said they are not compatible with the 12 speed spacers. She recommended using different spacers, looks to be the standard 11 speed ones. I'll try that and see if that fixes the issue.

Maddie

by Maddie

I have two sets of RD230 wheelsets with 12s Shimano cassettes, Ultegra and Dura Ace. Both are perfectly fine after I removed the glued rings. Actually, I bought one of these two wheelsets from someone who said that he was having issues with a 12s Shimano cassette...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com