FARSPORTS DISC CARBON WHEELSET Test & Review

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
tyoac

by tyoac

bmrk wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2024 8:46 pm
EINSTEININHO wrote:
tyoac wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2024 8:45 am
tyoac wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 7:40 pm
My 50mm RD270 24/30 were pretty much DOA. Just got about 250km on them and them freehub is slipping through basically now at a point where it's completely unrideable.
Anybody else experienced something similar and would know what's up? Do I have to exchange the freehub for another one or is it something more. In any case this sucks so bad, this bike build already feels like a never-ending story.
I reached out to Emma via Whatsapp directly as well, let's see..
For anybody who might experience the same thing:
The original DT Swiss springs alone didn't help, I then got the 18t DT Swiss ratchets locally as in interim solution without spending too much money and not knowing what was up exactly but long story short: this helped the slipping, the bike is finally rideable again!

So the 54t ratchets that originally came with my wheels and I payed the upgrade for must've been faulty right from the beginning and broke completely after 250km. Working out a solution now with Farsports but it looks very promising so far and Emma has always been super responsive via Whatsapp so customer service is definitely up for par in that case. I'm sure we'll have found a solution once they are back from dragon boat festivities mid next week.

I guess such things can happen and I was just unlucky in that case, other than that the wheels are highly recommended!
It would be good to know if @Maddie who solved the issue with a spring replacement also had a 54t ratchet. Maybe this ratchet seleeping issue only come with 54.
It seems this problem is being overcomplicated.
A ratchet slipping is either too much/too thick grease or spring tension too low.

To increase tension you just need to stretch each spring a very small amount by pulling.

It makes no sense this ideas of replacing for Dt springs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Springs were streched properly, especially compared to the not so streched DT springs, I cleaned the Farsports parts including ratchets and even tried it without grease - it was still slipping through.
Putting in the 18t DT ratchets and springs that came with this maintenance package solved the problem immediately, I didn't bother to try the Farsports springs with the DT ratchets in the end but my guess would be that this would've worked as well.
Surely must be the ratchets themselves, I wouldn't know what else in my case.

LRB23

by LRB23

I am experiencing slippage intermittently again but have noticed a slight pattern. After free-wheeling for a prolonged period the first pedal stroke, particularly if it’s aggressive, will cause a small slip before the hub engages.

I’ll pull apart the hub tomorrow and hoping it’s only a case of removing the grease and re-applying.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

EINSTEININHO

by EINSTEININHO

LRB23 wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2024 2:27 pm
I am experiencing slippage intermittently again but have noticed a slight pattern. After free-wheeling for a prolonged period the first pedal stroke, particularly if it’s aggressive, will cause a small slip before the hub engages.

I’ll pull apart the hub tomorrow and hoping it’s only a case of removing the grease and re-applying.

Are you one the 54t or 36t ratchet ?

martocom

by martocom

BalticSea wrote:
Thu May 30, 2024 10:22 am
Maximum depth for Hyper rims is 58mm. I hope they'll release 60+ option in the future
Same here, I'm instantly going for a 65 to 70 mm Wheelset.

Maddie

by Maddie

My wheels came with 18t ratchets and an exchange of springs was all it took to remove the same slipping that others experience. It was not a question of too much grease because they only thing I changed were the springs.

SamA

by SamA

Agent041 wrote:
Sun May 19, 2024 3:51 pm
SamA wrote:
Sat May 18, 2024 9:39 pm
Mindflash wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:33 pm
Hi carbon spoke wheells owners,

Can anybody share feedback after 5000km/10000km? How long do wheels stay true and how do (ceramic) bearings hold up? Any troubles with servicing?
6500km on my 35mm/RD270/Carbon Spoke/ Hyper wheels. Still true, zero issues with the spokes and bearings. The only issue i've had from the start (but failed to follow up with Farsport) is the cassette has a "wobble" in it when spinning. I've read a couple of other posts in here where others have had the same issue. My bike mechanic tried a few different cassettes - no difference, wobble is still there. It doesn't affect shifting at all.
This issue should not be because of wheels/hub. The problem is probably in Shimano cassette. Remove the spacer in the back of the cassette, and you should be OK.
https://bettershifting.com/12-speed-dan ... cillation/
Thank you so much for this info/tip. I never knew that there was a spacer at the back of the cassette. I was picturing a plastic spacer (like the ones in between the sprockets) - not a thin metal one that's glued to the cassette body. Removed this thin spacer (popped out easilt with my fingernail) - cassette wobble has disappeared.

With that issue now solved, I've zero issues with my Hypers.
Attachments
PXL_20240610_020807613.jpg
2023 Wilier FIlante SLR - l'elefante

LRB23

by LRB23

EINSTEININHO wrote:
LRB23 wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2024 2:27 pm

Are you one the 54t or 36t ratchet ?
36T

Agent041

by Agent041

SamA wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2024 3:31 am
Agent041 wrote:
SamA wrote:
Mindflash wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:33 pm
Hi carbon spoke wheells owners,

Can anybody share feedback after 5000km/10000km? How long do wheels stay true and how do (ceramic) bearings hold up? Any troubles with servicing?
6500km on my 35mm/RD270/Carbon Spoke/ Hyper wheels. Still true, zero issues with the spokes and bearings. The only issue i've had from the start (but failed to follow up with Farsport) is the cassette has a "wobble" in it when spinning. I've read a couple of other posts in here where others have had the same issue. My bike mechanic tried a few different cassettes - no difference, wobble is still there. It doesn't affect shifting at all.
This issue should not be because of wheels/hub. The problem is probably in Shimano cassette. Remove the spacer in the back of the cassette, and you should be OK.
Thank you so much for this info/tip. I never knew that there was a spacer at the back of the cassette. I was picturing a plastic spacer (like the ones in between the sprockets) - not a thin metal one that's glued to the cassette body. Removed this thin spacer (popped out easilt with my fingernail) - cassette wobble has disappeared.

Happy to hear you fixed your issue. How many clicks of micro adjustment did you have to do on your Di2 rear derailleur in order to get perfect shifting without the ring at the back of cassette?

SamA

by SamA

Agent041 wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2024 7:56 am
SamA wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2024 3:31 am
Agent041 wrote:
SamA wrote:

Happy to hear you fixed your issue. How many clicks of micro adjustment did you have to do on your Di2 rear derailleur in order to get perfect shifting without the ring at the back of cassette?
It seems to be shifting fine without any adjustments on the di2 RD whilst the bike is on the stand (didn't get a chance to take it for a ride). I shall advise once I take it for a spin.
2023 Wilier FIlante SLR - l'elefante

justuswander24

by justuswander24

New DT Swiss Carbon Spoke Hubs 20H/24H at 369g a set?

https://wheelsfar.com/ultralight-rims-a ... p0180.html

toxin

by toxin

ooh was waiting for these to show up, a little dissapointed by the weight

EINSTEININHO

by EINSTEININHO

I guess i've missed something but are those hubs genuine DT Swiss ones ? how did DT swiss not advertise this at all ?

Mindflash

by Mindflash

Huh, wished for 100g less...

toxin

by toxin

wishing for a 16 spoke front hub

LeMillion

by LeMillion

Mindflash wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2024 7:20 pm
Huh, wished for 100g less...
Yup, since it's stiffer I wonder if there's changes to the rim design. I would've expected less given the new carbon spoke dtswiss hub and decreased front spokes vs the hypers with dtswiss hubs.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com