FARSPORTS DISC CARBON WHEELSET Test & Review

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
Beancouter

by Beancouter

kgcx wrote:Already did that trick, still has the same issue. Got a response from Emma at farsports last night, she said they are not compatible with the 12 speed spacers. She recommended using different spacers, looks to be the standard 11 speed ones. I'll try that and see if that fixes the issue.
I bought some shims for mine …. Will double check tomorrow these were the ones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

skinnybex

by skinnybex

I just ordered a set of Wave 60's on Carbon-Ti hubs. Hopefully they'll come in at 1500 grams. I have 2 sets of Zipp FC 404 wheels but if I'm happy with the waves then I'll sell one set. I wanted to go back to Hooked and I like the 21mm internal / 32mm outer so should be great for all 28-30mm tires
23’ Cervelo Soloist / 6.88kg - 1x Crit Bike
22' Cervelo R5 / 6.35kg - Climbing Bike
22' Cervelo Caledonia 5 / 7.55kg - Travel Bike
21' Cervelo Aspero / 8.06kg - Gravel Travel Bike
23' Cervelo Aspero 5 / 8.25kg - Gravel Race Bike

ttommerdal

by ttommerdal

FYI. I had a RD230 XDR freehub fail on me here to other day. Had about 150miles on them or so.
Standing up pushing about 500watts or so when one of the paws broke off. Changing the freehub to a non freehub.
Talked to Farsports on skype, and they are sending me an replacement with an updated design.

mogwaiboi

by mogwaiboi

Pretty damn happy with the weight of the Farsports wheelset I had delivered today! 35 depth, 32mm external wdith hook rims, Bitex hubs, Sapim spokes and brass nipples for a total of 1334g.
Canyon Ultimate CF SL
Canyon Grizl CF SLX
Open U.P.

nickf

by nickf

Just to pick up where the other thread left off. Yes, Farsports pricing has gone up a bit. But still a good deal. I rather have a set of Farsports wheels than a low-spec 1500g+ Zipp entry-level wheelset with a warranty. All you are paying for is a warranty because their entry-level wheels are nothing to get excited about, just a heavy generic build all around. Most consumers get warm and fuzzy knowing they have a warranty. My oldest Farsports wheels are from 2019 and are still going strong, I even used cheap Novatec hubs. Thousands of miles, many of them on very chunky gravel. My latest set of Farsports gravel wheels were put through the wringer this weekend without issues. Similar build with, cxray spokes, Novatec hubs, 6bolt disc (big brands only offer centerlock), hookless 40 deep/30 wide, 1300g. $800ish shipped, pretty deal to me.

Beancouter

by Beancouter

New wheel day!

Rims - Gravel carbon 50mm deep, 30mm ext / 24m int, hooked. No holes in rim bed.
Hubs - RD230
Spokes - sapim CX Super

The weight came in at 1245 which I am really pleased with for a pretty chunky set of wheels. For reference my same spec 35mm Feder 28/ 21mm came in at 1138g.

Wearing 32mm Corsa Pro tubeless. Can’t say I am that keen on the look of the tyres but thought I’d give them a go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by Beancouter on Tue May 23, 2023 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AJS914

by AJS914

Personally, I'm not looking for the bleeding edge and I'm too big to ride a 1300g wheelset. Yes, Farsports will custom build anything and that is a bonus for some of you. Me, I just want a reliable wheelset with a moderm rim profile (wider). I'm looking for best bang for the buck. The best bang for the buck was definitely Farsports 5 years ago. I think Light Bicycle is out shining them with rim profiles and they are coming in around $100 less per wheelset.

Having to use Novatec hubs to get the price down is a negative to me.

I love my current wheels and I have nothing bad to say about my experience with Farsports. I'm just looking for something a little different at a better price 5 years later.

Edit: Was responding to Beancounter. The next post slipped in while typing. Maybe I have to look the gravel rims? I never looked at that category but they are probably closer to what I'm looking for.

nickf

by nickf

I originally went with novatec on the first disc wheelset to hit a price point. I'm currently running 4 sets of wheels, all using novatec hubs with zero issues. I just don't see the value in going with something more expensive.

mrlobber

by mrlobber

Looks like Farsports have launched a new, lighter rim version, called the "Hyper".

Hooked/hookless variants available, 30..32mm external weighing around 400g @ 50mm depth, seems pretty solid.

https://wheelsfar.com/hyper-series-c0462
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

nickf

by nickf

Anyone have experience with Zipp Tangente Platinum Pro Evo Brake Pads on Farsports wheels? Have a set laying around.

LedZeppelin007

by LedZeppelin007

Anybody checked out the FarSports Hyper? I loved my Feders and they are running a $100 intro discount on these new Hypers which are supposedly lighter. My 35mm hookless Feders were ultralight (1267g no tape needed) with 240 straight pull hubs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

tiz92

by tiz92

Does anybody have experience with their carbon spokes? I really wanna try out carbon spokes and they offer good deals and I had great ecxperience with farsports.

Combining carbon spokes with 45mm Hyper rims should get a 1200gr wheelset with their own RD270 hub.

hmof

by hmof

Any suggestions for a good 32mm 700c road tyre that fits easily on the Kaze rims?

I use GP5000, but they are ridiculously tight. I don't think I can fix a puncture on the side of the road. I've been using Rene Herse recently which go on easily but I had too many punctures.

mogwaiboi

by mogwaiboi

hmof wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2023 11:41 am
Any suggestions for a good 32mm 700c road tyre that fits easily on the Kaze rims?

I use GP5000, but they are ridiculously tight. I don't think I can fix a puncture on the side of the road. I've been using Rene Herse recently which go on easily but I had too many punctures.
I use Corsa NEXT TLR with my Kaze rims and they were pretty easy to install and inflate.
Canyon Ultimate CF SL
Canyon Grizl CF SLX
Open U.P.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

JerryAT

by JerryAT

LedZeppelin007 wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2023 11:58 pm
Anybody checked out the FarSports Hyper? I loved my Feders and they are running a $100 intro discount on these new Hypers which are supposedly lighter. My 35mm hookless Feders were ultralight (1267g no tape needed) with 240 straight pull hubs.
I ordered the FarSports Hyper last week. They claim 1325g (+/-30g) for the 45cm hooked version with DT240 hub, no holes in rim bed, CX-Ray spokes. I really like that they are 30mm wide becaue I'll use 28/30mm tyres (front/rear). Initially, I tought about the Feder 45mm as well as the LightBicycle AR46, but the Hyper are wider and lighter plus less expensive compared to LightBicycle (with shipping to EU).
I can provide an update on the Hyper wheelset in some weeks. :)