Vittoria Graphene 2.0

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
ccache

by ccache

Hey guys

We just got some stock in of the new G2 (graphene 2.0) tyres from Vittoria.

Here's some actual weights for reference

Corsa Control 30mm :: 281g
Corsa 25mm :: 260g
Corsa TLR 25mm :: 293g
Corsa Speed TLR 25mm :: 227g

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RocketRacing

by RocketRacing

Interesting. I am waiting for some independant testing from the likes of BRR or tom anhault before i get too excited. I bet the corsa g+ 2.0 will stay close to the gp5000, similar to last gen. But similar to the gp5000, i don’t think there will be free lunch on the reliability or grip side.

But man, if they could make a faster, longer lasting, and more reliable corsa speed... that would be untouchable. At the current wear/reliabilty, is remains a race day only fantasy.

3Pio

by 3Pio

RocketRacing wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:39 am
Interesting. I am waiting for some independant testing from the likes of BRR or tom anhault before i get too excited. I bet the corsa g+ 2.0 will stay close to the gp5000, similar to last gen. But similar to the gp5000, i don’t think there will be free lunch on the reliability or grip side.

But man, if they could make a faster, longer lasting, and more reliable corsa speed... that would be untouchable. At the current wear/reliabilty, is remains a race day only fantasy.
At a moment im on Corsa G+ tubular,where my front have 4750 km, and still good grip, and cant notice some wear to make me want to replace it (the rear lasted 3500 km)

On second bike clinchers Corsa G+ with 3700 km on them (but those look like will last maybe another 500 until they are done).

With Corsa G+ tubulars, i had from 1900 km until i had to replace them (my fault, they had a puncture, put a Tufo Extreme sealant, changed the wheelset and forgot to add some air to dont stick inside. And when i pump them again, the inner tube was destroyed), to this 4750 km on my front now (where im sure i'll ride it another 1000 km at least). So not that Corsa G+ is not reliable enough..... So i hope that did not ruin this just to save some weight or to have better RR on tests (if they improve this even better, definetely my choice of tire)

GaBa

by GaBa

I did 5350 km with clincher Corsa G+, then it started to feel "thin" and I changed it. Still running the front tire (I changed both at the same time). Have to say I am very satisfied with endurance of the tire.

Swannie

by Swannie

i don't get it people are still riding these tires.
Here in Belgium, they are a pain in the ass.
You can not ride them without having punctures, the regular nor the control version.
It's a shame cuz they are the most beautiful tires available...

octav

by octav

I agree with wet weather, they kind of attract small stones and glass on the road like glue.
I had one cut after 8km ride in the rain... absolutely new tire. I like them, but for me they are not an option. Winters here are tough and road are filled with debris in sand so that the tires have traction(in the mountains/ hills)
Waiting for testing and mind considering them as an option after the new GP5000(which are not mounted) are done.
I have had very good results(puncture related) with Mavic Yksion and Yksion UST and Michelin Pro4 and Pro3

JoO

by JoO

Swannie wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:00 am
You can not ride them without having punctures, the regular nor the control version.
This Belgian rides the corsa g 25’s. on the summer bike. Only 1 puncture in 4 months of use on a gravel bicycle path. Latex inners and 4,2 -4,5 bars of pressure.

bilwit

by bilwit

Swannie wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:00 am
and they're quite heavy...

AlgaeHater

by AlgaeHater

In an effort to save weight, I started running Corsa G+ with Continental race "light" tubes (not the regular race tubes) in 20-25mm size and this combination was extremely prone to punctures - 2 punctures in less than 150 miles. Small sharp rocks would get embedded between the tire "ribs" and would penetrate the tire just enought to poke a hole in the extra thin inner tubes. I switched back to regular/thicker Continental race tubes in 28-32 size and the punctures have gone away.

I would switch to TLR in an instant, but I just can't give up the gumwalls - they just look too damn sexy! :D
2019 S-Works Venge Di2
2019 Bianchi Oltre XR4 eTap
2019 BMC Timemachine Road 01 Di2
2018 BMC Roadmachine 02 Di2
2018 S-Works CruX 1X Di2

ichobi

by ichobi

Thats quite heavy. The corsa 1.0 25mm was 220g.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ToffieBoi

by ToffieBoi

Did you have a chance to see Rubino line? Are they the same as last year of updated too (apart from the decals)?

Bridgeman

by Bridgeman

I've been riding on 2 pairs of tubular wheelsets with a CX in front and Graphene's in back and the CX's are full of little cuts, whereas the Graphene's have way less. After riding many miles on this combination, it's clear that the Graphene formulation is far more resistant to cuts and punctures, at least in my case.

steveb77

by steveb77

In an effort to save weight, I started running Corsa G+ with Continental race "light" tubes (not the regular race tubes) in 20-25mm size and this combination was extremely prone to punctures - 2 punctures in less than 150 miles.
I use this exact combo and have had one puncture in 2000km and that was a big thorn right through the centre of the tread, the roads round here are dreadful - mainly country lanes littered with all sorts.

AlgaeHater

by AlgaeHater

steveb77 wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:17 pm
In an effort to save weight, I started running Corsa G+ with Continental race "light" tubes (not the regular race tubes) in 20-25mm size and this combination was extremely prone to punctures - 2 punctures in less than 150 miles.
I use this exact combo and have had one puncture in 2000km and that was a big thorn right through the centre of the tread, the roads round here are dreadful - mainly country lanes littered with all sorts.
Consider yourself lucky or maybe I'm just unlucky :cry:

For both punctures I took a close look at the cause. It was a tiny but very sharp rock/flint that pierced the tire and caused a pin hole sized puncture in the thin inner tube. A buddy I was riding with couldn't believe such a tiny rock could cause a puncture. After the second puncture, I realized the first wasn't just a freak occurance and I went back to the tried and true thicker 28-32mm Continental inner tubes. They are twice as heavy (maybe even more) but way more puncture resistance in my experience. No punctures in 2000+ miles with this combination.
2019 S-Works Venge Di2
2019 Bianchi Oltre XR4 eTap
2019 BMC Timemachine Road 01 Di2
2018 BMC Roadmachine 02 Di2
2018 S-Works CruX 1X Di2

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

I still waiting for mine. Only got a set of rubino tlr's

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓