Vittoria Graphene 2.0

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
alanyu

by alanyu

StanleyM wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 7:52 pm
alanyu wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 5:24 pm
Just got the email from BRR of Corsa NEXT TLR.

Consistent result with Alban. Good puncture resistance on tread and sidewall. Good grip though their protocal is not good. 2.3 W slower than GP5K.
Good as an all rounder, but doesn't hold Vittoria's claim of the RR on par with Pro oneTLE.
BRR's results jive well with Vittoria's claims at launch. One thing not emphacized but which I love on my latex-tubed N.EXTs is the general ride quality which is v good - supple from the sidewalls. That plus the all weather grip make it a good option for many besides RR alone. WW-wise my 28s run 208 & 211 grams. Dry grip wise for tweaked rim braking (with stoppie despite body way back) I've hit as high as 0.95 Gs.
Not the truth on the RR, while grip and puncture resistance stand. They had several pictures for media people. One claimed 23% faster than Rubino pro, another one claimed 9% faster than Corsa G2.0, and a third one comparing NEXT with brand A (Conti) and B (Schwalbe), and they claimed NEXT TLR is the same RR level as brand B's offer, which is Pro One TLE addix. All these numbers agree with each other if you do a simple calculation, but the fact is that NEXT TLR is not that fast.

StanleyM

by StanleyM

alanyu wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:25 pm
StanleyM wrote:
alanyu wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 5:24 pm
Just got the email from BRR of Corsa NEXT TLR.

Consistent result with Alban. Good puncture resistance on tread and sidewall. Good grip though their protocal is not good. 2.3 W slower than GP5K.
Good as an all rounder, but doesn't hold Vittoria's claim of the RR on par with Pro oneTLE.
BRR's results jive well with Vittoria's claims at launch. One thing not emphacized but which I love on my latex-tubed N.EXTs is the general ride quality which is v good - supple from the sidewalls. That plus the all weather grip make it a good option for many besides RR alone. WW-wise my 28s run 208 & 211 grams. Dry grip wise for tweaked rim braking (with stoppie despite body way back) I've hit as high as 0.95 Gs.
Not the truth on the RR, while grip and puncture resistance stand. They had several pictures for media people. One claimed 23% faster than Rubino pro, another one claimed 9% faster than Corsa G2.0, and a third one comparing NEXT with brand A (Conti) and B (Schwalbe), and they claimed NEXT TLR is the same RR level as brand B's offer, which is Pro One TLE addix. All these numbers agree with each other if you do a simple calculation, but the fact is that NEXT TLR is not that fast.
I hear you! In my case when I read the N.EXT launch info I got the impression it would be just like how it actually turned out to be. Not like how Conti claimed way lower RR in the lastest version compared to prior which BRR found to be...err...unfounded. V even had charts that showed RR to be slower than comparables, but noted the durability aims...a different mix than Conti chose as they lowered puncture resistance. I went with the N.EXT clincher with its non TLR / softer bead & sidewalls. Plus I run latex instead of the heavy / stiff butyl tubes BRR uses to remain consistent. More than satisfied as the supple ride is a nice bonus. And for sure I knew the grip was there wet & dry as I measured Gs, lean angles etc myself shortly after launch.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Hexsense

by Hexsense

Since this tire result looks promising and not a total dissappointment for what it is (atleast not as far short of what they promised for their G+ and G2.0).
I think I feel more comfortable to order their next gen Corsa cotton casing whenever they release rather than waiting for test first then.
They somewhat redeem themself a bit from overselling hype.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

StanleyM wrote:

Do you really care about weight differences when a single tire is 2.3W slower at 29km/h? That's equivalent to ~1kg when climbing up a 6% grade.

StanleyM

by StanleyM

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 1:55 am
StanleyM wrote:

Do you really care about weight differences when a single tire is 2.3W slower at 29km/h? That's equivalent to ~1kg when climbing up a 6% grade.
I did not expect them to be the watt-weanie champ. To me it does not seem like Vittoria claimed they would be. If anything I thought they'd be worse than measured. So perhaps part of our difference in views could be down to expectations. I also wonder about the clincher + latex version RR. Since I figure the TLR version has a layer of butyl rubber to seal it better? It's interesting about the flatting, I have a few hundred miles on mine so far and no issues. Seemed like they needed a few rides to break in as the width changed and it seems like the ride improved. They got wider and less tall per my calipers on high teens width wheels.

CampagYOLO

by CampagYOLO

I was expecting the kind of results that BRR published and I'm happy with them.

I never viewed the N.EXT as a racing tyre, more an all year training tyre and that's what we've got. It's got better grip, lighter and a larger range of sizes than the Corsa Control which is great.

I'm picking up some 32mm TLR's today and will be using them this winter.

Leon

by Leon

So, I changed my Rubino Pro Speed 25mm to the Corsa N.EXT 26mm. I think I put a 100 miles on them now. I did not measure the tires to compare but I see no difference. So naming these 26mm seems like marketing did their jobs well. What I do notice is that the Corsa is more supple compared to the Rubino. I keep looking to see if I don't have a flat rear now. Gripwise I don't know of there is a lot of difference between the two. I never complained about the grip of the Rubino and I feel no difference compared to the Corsa. Guess I don't challenge the tires a lot here in the Netherlands (flat all the way). They seem a bit faster though but that is hard to prove of course.
Ride bikes, not tanks!

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Leon wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:43 am
So naming these 26mm seems like marketing did their jobs well.

The tires are 26mm WAM or so on a 19mm rim. They aren't trying to pull a fast one on you. It's not like you’re required to pay more for larger sizes at discounters like bike24/bike-discount/starbike/etc...popular sizes cost more. The 28mm will have the highest sale price, followed by the 26mm. The 30mm and 32mm will be cheaper than the 28mm...the 24mm will probably be discounted the most.

Leon

by Leon

Oh no, I wasn't thinking they are pulling a fast one on me. But I was thinking that a slightly wider tire would suit me fine while not moving to a 28mm. But like said, 25mm Rubino or 26mm Corsa N.EXT doesn't change anything. Anyhow, it was nice to have but not obligatory. Otherwise I should just order the 28mm. Which I actually maybe will do next time since the weight penalty from 26 to 28 is very small.
Ride bikes, not tanks!

StanleyM

by StanleyM

https://youtu.be/S0mdH8t-NRY?list=TLPQM ... WmRg&t=190

David Arthur offers his comments on the N.EXT. He likes it and notes the great ride quality some in this thread have also noticed, along with the Vittoria's overall nature.

ViperFFM

by ViperFFM

StanleyM wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:47 pm
https://youtu.be/S0mdH8t-NRY?list=TLPQM ... WmRg&t=190

David Arthur offers his comments on the N.EXT. He likes it and notes the great ride quality some in this thread have also noticed, along with the Vittoria's overall nature.
This guy is full of shit anyways.

4W slower than the GP5000 S TR is very disappoiting; seems like Conti did a good job devaluing their offer making the S TR worse than the old 5000 TL as nobody is able to keep up with them.
carbonLORD wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:23 am
I'm a CAT 3 Masters racer, not a dentist.

ViperFFM

by ViperFFM

Bildschirmfoto 2022-09-09 um 11.31.06.png
Bildschirmfoto 2022-09-09 um 11.31.17.png
carbonLORD wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:23 am
I'm a CAT 3 Masters racer, not a dentist.

StanleyM

by StanleyM

Someone might be keen on emphacizing tire aspects Vittoria did not emphacize on the N.EXT product?

Well looking at some things Vittoria DID prioritize in the N.EXT: Center AND Edge! I can back up BBRs results as I personally measured 0.66Gs (via Motorsports datalogger) rim brake on carbon pouring rain stopping power. Could have done more but that is at Stoppie risk levels.

* N.EXT has much better Wet Grip than the Continental 5000. Center AND Edge! I can back up BBR's results as I personally measured 0.66Gs (via Motorsports datalogger) rim brake on carbon pouring rain stopping power. VS their tile plate tested 0.73Gs I could have done more but that is at Stoppie risk levels during biblical NC rain. 5000s prolly would have skidded while the Vittoria N.EXT was still gripping like it was dry.

* N.EXT has much better Puncture Resistance than the 5000. And I can always add a squirt of tire goop into my tubes.

* N.EXT is much lighter in my preferred clincher versions.

* N.EXT is solidly thicker in the tread AND sidewall zones.

* N.EXT rides very well in my latex tube / clincher experiences. Better than the Conti 5000? Not sure.

Anyway Vittoria and Continental clearly felt there was a need in the marketplace for their selected compromises?
Last edited by StanleyM on Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CampagYOLO

by CampagYOLO

If this tyre was supposed to be the new fastest tyre about, something that Vittoria never claimed, we would have seen pro teams using it the same way they were using the GP5000 S TR before it was released.

As I mentioned above, this tyre is a better Rubino or a more durable Corsa Control with more size options. For those purposes it's very good.

StanleyM

by StanleyM

Maybe someone will start a campaign to have Vittoria removed from #1 lowest rolling resistance at BRR? I mean the Conti 5000 S TR fell down to 5th place?!? Then again each tire could have other characteristics or sponsor requirements too.
Screenshot 42.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com