Light Bicycle wheel rims?

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
Pyotrump

by Pyotrump

Ar25 with gp5k clincher 25c. It is 29.1mm at 70psi

나의 SM-G977N 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

daninplymouth

by daninplymouth

Is there any feedback on the Xflow rims? I'm thinking of ordering the WR40 as I have an issue at the moment with a speed wobble when going fast with a cross wind so looking for something that could be more stable

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

daninplymouth wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 6:00 pm
Is there any feedback on the Xflow rims? I'm thinking of ordering the WR40 as I have an issue at the moment with a speed wobble when going fast with a cross wind so looking for something that could be more stable

If what you are experiencing is real speed wobble and not just general instability in windy conditions, then it will be largely unpredictable whether a wheel change will get rid of said speed wobble. Speed wobbles are generally caused by a lack of frame stiffness, particularly in the front triangle / HT.

daninplymouth

by daninplymouth

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 8:52 pm
daninplymouth wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 6:00 pm

If what you are experiencing is real speed wobble and not just general instability in windy conditions, then it will be largely unpredictable whether a wheel change will get rid of said speed wobble. Speed wobbles are generally caused by a lack of frame stiffness, particularly in the front triangle / HT.
Thanks I did have them on my old frame with these wheels but put that down to being an endurance frame with a weird flare in the fork. My new Supersix is more stable and it takes above another 5mph for it to go light and start twitching, it's not every time I hit these speeds so think I must be catching a cross wind. Is there anything else to check or any techniques for dealing with them once they happen? Lately I have just been pedalling slowly with a gentle pressure on the brakes and that seems to control it

Abolive

by Abolive

Hello,
I'm interested in the AR35 but their max. pressure doesn't seem compatible for road tires, are they?
I have my tires at 80psi

emotive

by emotive

https://axs.sram.com/guides/tire/pressure recommends 80 psi for an 80kg rider and a 9kg bike with 25mm tyres and 21mm internal width rims.

What's your bike + rider weight?

What size tyres do you want to run?

Abolive

by Abolive

Yes that's about right, I'm 75kgs and my bike is around 9kgs for the time being. 80 psi was a bit large so as not to be at the limit. It seems the rim is more suited to gravel pressures, but I'm not sure. Hard to find a <30mm carbon rim and this one is very appealing

r_mutt

by r_mutt

what's the timing been like for LB? as in from order to recieving the wheelsets? FYI, I'm on the East Coast of the USA

Freakish

by Freakish

On April 12 I ordered a pair of custom made AR46 wheels. The wheels were ready on April 29, but shipped out on May 5th because of Chinese holidays. I received the wheels on May 24. I live in the Netherlands.

I don’t know if shipping to the USA is faster or slower, but at least you have an impression of whole process.

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

Abolive wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:35 pm
Hello,
I'm interested in the AR35 but their max. pressure doesn't seem compatible for road tires, are they?
I have my tires at 80psi
Maybe I missed something but the AR35 clincher max is 110 psi which is way above what you need. Check under the specs tab at - https://www.lightbicycle.com/700C-road- ... lable.html
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

Abolive

by Abolive

Oh sorry I meant AR25!

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

Not really a road rim - more gravel focused. You could use it on the road with 28mm - 30mm tires you would be fine at 60 - 65 psi. I imagine the weight is what attracts you. But if it is not essential to hit some weight for some superlight road bike project, then I'd look for something else for road use.

WR35 in flyweight, hooked, can handle road pressures. 380 grams.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

Abolive

by Abolive

In fact I've got AR35 already but was looking for something shallower. It's more about rim depth than weight. But I find difficult to find carbon wheels under 30mm.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

I'm running AR25s with 25mm GP5K TTs at 70psi. They measure 28.8mm. Do so at your own risk however. Actual 28mm labeled tires will probably measure 31mm.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Abolive

by Abolive

Thanks you for the help. I guess I'll keep looking then :)