Light Bicycle wheel rims?

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
maxim809
Administrator

by maxim809

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:58 pm
Only some Falcon Pros are wavy. The "Pro" signifies the use of improved materials and layup.
Ah got it. Seems I need to comb through the pictures more closely if I want to avoid wavy. I'm looking for +60mm depth, to the "highest-end" spec LightBicycles offers without going wavy.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Erwin

by Erwin

I have looked for +60mm rims too. But LB offers the WR65 not as Pro version. Only the WR50. AR55 would be the deepest Falcon Pro option without going wavy. I have chosen AR565 in the end. But I do not think there is any aero advantage.

LRB23

by LRB23

Erwin wrote:Here are mine: https://www.lightbicycle.com/photowall/ ... heels.html

I have to wait a few weeks until they arrive. Really light with a CX-Ray/Sprint mix at the rear and I am curious how the Hypersmarts are. Looking forward to build up the Ostro and these wheels help keeping the weight with that porky frame low.
Hi Erwin, could you tell me what the graphic / logo option it is you’ve selected? Is it custom? It appears to be holographic in the picture but I don’t see this as an option. Really like the look of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

LRB23 wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:34 am
Erwin wrote:Here are mine: https://www.lightbicycle.com/photowall/ ... heels.html

I have to wait a few weeks until they arrive. Really light with a CX-Ray/Sprint mix at the rear and I am curious how the Hypersmarts are. Looking forward to build up the Ostro and these wheels help keeping the weight with that porky frame low.
Hi Erwin, could you tell me what the graphic / logo option it is you’ve selected? Is it custom? It appears to be holographic in the picture but I don’t see this as an option. Really like the look of it.

Oil Slick decal. Not offered on some rims through the standard configurator, but you can probably message them and ask for it.

jch3n

by jch3n

Got my AR25 wheels purchased during Black Friday. 1132g with Bitex hubs, Pillar 1420 spokes, and brass nipples (tape and valves not included). Should shave about 600g off my gravel bike...nice.

txg

by txg

mrlobber wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:25 am
In my case, I currently have a 28mm TC with latex tube installed, and the wobble still persists. By feel, it's slightly less pronounced when the wheel spins fast, but becomes again really obvious at slow speeds. So we'll see.

Here's a link to video file (24Mb), how it looks:
https://drive.proton.me/urls/8FB4VZ4PEM#dIZxuyItfAhU
This is so bad...i really hope that my UFO order won't end like this. Did you show this video to lightbicycle and how did they react?

VeloCris

by VeloCris

https://imgur.com/a/9oYZLZs

Ar465 with carbon spokes 240 hubs
Everyone at trek building up my new madone was super impressed lol sick wheels

kafreeman

by kafreeman

AR55 in the front developed cracks on two spoke holes. LB is replacing the rim. Couple of emails with pictures was all it took for them to warranty.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

mrlobber

by mrlobber

txg wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:57 pm
mrlobber wrote:
In my case, I currently have a 28mm TC with latex tube installed, and the wobble still persists. By feel, it's slightly less pronounced when the wheel spins fast, but becomes again really obvious at slow speeds. So we'll see.

This is so bad...i really hope that my UFO order won't end like this. Did you show this video to lightbicycle and how did they react?
Yes, I did.
Multiple responses from them have been really quick and nowhere really defensive, for this my full credit to them so far.
What they're still saying, I should try a tubeless tyre pumped up to max pressure, like 120+ psi, to be really sure the tyre has seated on the bed properly.
I haven't done that yet, but will do, even though, again, I have no idea how that would eventually correct this terrible wobble.

They said they use Giant tubeless tyre for QC testing (no idea why, no one would run them on a disc for a TT :D), and the disc was fine with it.
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

bsharp77

by bsharp77

Just oredered a set of R25 wheels.

Rim brake, grooved graphene braking surface
UD Braided finish
Oil Slick Brass Nipples
CX-Ray Spokes
Bitex RAF Hubs
Oil Slick Decals

Should really compliment by TCR SL build. Wheels wont be here for 6-8 weeks due to holidays and delivery, but worth waiting for.

mashiehood

by mashiehood

mrlobber wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:30 am
txg wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:57 pm
mrlobber wrote:

Yes, I did.
Multiple responses from them have been really quick and nowhere really defensive, for this my full credit to them so far.
What they're still saying, I should try a tubeless tyre pumped up to max pressure, like 120+ psi, to be really sure the tyre has seated on the bed properly.
I haven't done that yet, but will do, even though, again, I have no idea how that would eventually correct this terrible wobble.

They said they use Giant tubeless tyre for QC testing (no idea why, no one would run them on a disc for a TT :D), and the disc was fine with it.
to me thats looks like a wheel not tyre issue

rhs2z

by rhs2z

r88s arrived a few weeks ago (front and rear). They are fast and look pretty cool 😎
Attachments
A4D40DE2-4CC2-49E0-A142-F7DF963B71EC.png

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

I'm surprised that my AR375 Falcon Pro are rubbing on the chainstay (non-drive side).
www.lightbicycle.com/AR375-Non-Disc-X-F ... -700C.html

A combination of CX-Sprint spokes on drive side and wide flange on Bitex RAR9 is a solid combo. Any pointers as to why the wheel is rubbing? The flex is ~3mm when I'm climbing out of saddle. Is there a guarantee that AR465 will reduce flex since it's deeper?

Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

:arrow: CBA = Chronic Bike Addiction
:arrow: OCD = Obsessive Cycling Disorder

Aeo

by Aeo

Have you measured spoke tension? How bad is the rubbing on the brake pads?
Giant TCR Adv Pro Disc '17 · BH Lynx Race Evo '19 · Seraph GR029 '21 · Canyon Inflite AL '14

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

Aeo wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:24 pm
Have you measured spoke tension? How bad is the rubbing on the brake pads?
Upon inspecton, spoke tension is 125-130 kgf. Needless to say spoke tension doesn't affect wheel stiffness.
Bitex RAR9 hub has better geometry next to DT Swiss. I don't think that the spokes or the hub is the culprit here. My best guess is that AR375 rims aren't stiff for 75 kg build. Also, this is a flyweght. Perhaps standard version exhibit less flex? It's all speculations unless somone has direct experience.

Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

:arrow: CBA = Chronic Bike Addiction
:arrow: OCD = Obsessive Cycling Disorder

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com